When would everyone wear diapers? / Reasonable price for 24/7 wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildWest

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I recently saw on the wikipedia page for adult diapers that there are people who claim that wearing diapers full time is better for your health, and that it would be advancing society. However, right now it would be very difficult for everyone to wear full time. Diapers are pretty expensive. $20 can get you 10-18 diapers or so. I bought 12 L4's for $20, however the m4's come with 14 so I'll use that example. Assuming that people might want to change at least twice a day for a month, that would be 60 (or 62) diapers needed. If you take the price per M4, and multiply it by 60, that would be about $85.71 for a month of 2 diapers a day. That's the low end of it. Some people might want to change 4 times a day. So, let's assume 3 times a day to be within the ball park. So that's $128.57.

Also that's just 1 person. If this is someone providing for a family of 4, then multiply that by 4 and that become $514.28! Just for a month. $6,171.43 a year! That is a major budget expense. The average water bill for the most expensive water in the united states comes to be $864.32 a fraction of the diaper bill.

What would be a reasonable price for diapers where it would make sense to switch? Well, I would target $650 a year for a family of 4 going through 3 a day. Once you divide out those numbers, you get 0.15 a diaper. That is absurd!!! We're not even talking cheap adult pull ups, we're talking about the big ones like tena abena molicare etc.

:twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:

maybe if the market gets competitive enough, and there's a big breakthrough in how to make them cheaper and effective, then that might become a reality, but it's unlikely.

That's just something that I thought about.

It could be too expensive for me to do 24/7 but I don't see cost as much of a factor the other way. Toilets make too much sense usually, provided your control and capacity are good. If I'm wearing 24/7, it's because it's fun.

I think the only reasonable hope we might have is for the stigma against diapers to fade enough for people to use them freely and without concern when they make practical sense, like when toilets are hard to get to or for temporary illness.

I'm reminded of the statistic that more adults wear diapers than babies and toddlers in Japan.

Hmm I've never really thought about the actual costs in this way before, however I do wear 24/7 for IC reasons and I average between 2/3 nappies a day and I wear Tena Slip Super Large, there's 28 in a pack and I buy by the case as it works out cheaper so there's 3 packs in a case that's 28x3=84 it's £44.70 a case, I normally buy 3 cases so that's £134.10 for 252 nappies that works out to about 0.53p a nappy which is still expensive compared to babies nappies.

I do think if everyone wearing diapers was the norm as such you might get slightly better value because you could have greater economies of scale but would quality be affected? I think the greatest issue if everyone wore would be disposal of disposables which are convenient.

I can't imagine how wearing diapers full time would be better for my health and society as a whole. That defies common sense. It's a nice fantasy, but totally disconnected from all reality.

3 to 4 diapers a day is reasonable if you're at home and/or moderately sedentary. If you're active, this number will be higher, but lets go with 4 a day. So that's 1460 diapers a year. They're cheaper by the case, and you can get 80 Rearz Rebels for $150 delivered. Prices vary, so lets be fair and call that $2 a diaper. That would be $2920 for 4 diapers a day for a year.

You can't base the total cost of water on a water bill, as most water is used for bathing. toilet flushing accounts for ~24% of the water usage, so it's going to be much cheaper ( Source ). According to this site ( http://www.hcsa.us/files/What-does-my-toilet-really-cost-me.pdf ), the average cost would be between ~$30 and ~$90 a year for flushing toilets. There is no point at which the market could be competitive enough to supply 1460 diapers for under $100.

But that water cost would have to be balanced not just on diapers, but on their disposal. Trash service fees, depending on where you live can be high. For example, for me to wear more often, I would need to get a second disposal bin, as my household waste already fill my single bin. The fee for that second bin from the city is $100 a month, $1200 a year. $1110 more than the most expensive toilet water cost.

So for me, the only way to break even would be for someone to give me free diapers AND pay me $1,110 to wear full time.

Last edited:
dogboy said:
I'm reminded of the statistic that more adults wear diapers than babies and toddlers in Japan.

Part of that though is the population-by-age pyramid is upside-down right now in Japan. The birth rate in the usa last I looked was averaging 2.3 kids per couple. It's probably somewhere more around 1.3 in Japan right now. Count in mortality, and you can see that the population is in decline.

I definitely feel "normal" wearing them and it's become normal peeing and pooping in them as well. Some people don't want that to be normal so they don't wear all the time and just wear them sometimes to feel gratification or get that naughty or sexual feeling of using them.

I have had to get the biggest trash can by the city to accommodate my diapers because the one we had was not big enough. Plus the trash can was too small for a household with 6 people.

- - - Updated - - -

boredofwheelchair said:
Hmm I've never really thought about the actual costs in this way before, however I do wear 24/7 for IC reasons and I average between 2/3 nappies a day and I wear Tena Slip Super Large, there's 28 in a pack and I buy by the case as it works out cheaper so there's 3 packs in a case that's 28x3=84 it's £44.70 a case, I normally buy 3 cases so that's £134.10 for 252 nappies that works out to about 0.53p a nappy which is still expensive compared to babies nappies.

I do think if everyone wearing diapers was the norm as such you might get slightly better value because you could have greater economies of scale but would quality be affected? I think the greatest issue if everyone wore would be disposal of disposables which are convenient.

Doesn't NHS pay for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back