Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adults with Teddy Bears or Plushies much more common than you think!!!

Default Adults with Teddy Bears or Plushies much more common than you think!!!

Soooo... I have posted about this before, but there recently has been some updated surveys regarding how many adults may sleep with teddy bears and plushies.

One of the most recent studies shares their results that up to 40% of U.S. adults still sleep with a stuffed animal or teddy bear of some sort.

https://www.studyfinds.org/teddy-bea...nimals-adults/

Other recent studies do not portray quite as high a number, but still a significant amount.

https://www.today.com/health/turns-o...-adult-t111567

And as for still having a stuffed animal or teddy bear, a recent study showed 51% of adult men still kept a stuffed animal with 28% saying they still cuddled with it.

https://melmagazine.com/the-surprisi...l-f4e7c409692b

I think these are some really amazing studies, in that they prove what most of us who are ABDL already know, that some of the things of being little, such as cuddling with teddy bears is a pretty good thing.

TeddyBearCowboy

Interesting that such a common thing is still some sort of taboo.
    Recently I told my psychologist that I sleep with plushies (don't ask why ) and I excused myself by saying that 35% of adults do. She then admitted that she has plushies herself

I also read that 25% of men who sleep with a teddy takes it with him on a business trip. But also that one in ten hides his furry friend from his girlfriend. Some spouses are still unaware of the third one in bed after many years of marriage. Can you imagine that?

In 2015 a very nice book was published in the Netherlands called 'Verborgen vrienden' (Hidden friends) by Nienke Koedijk, portraying many people with their best friend. Dutch only unfortunately.

I've always loved my fluffy buddies. Someone told me once when I was young that when I got married I would have to throw them all out so my husband could move in.

I said "Who says I'm getting married?" (Still am not, and still am not interested. LOL!)

*burrows into her plushie pals for a well-deserved sleep*

I take my plushies everywhere, even when you can't see them. I take them in my bag most of the time and when we go on trips, I take them to the hotel. (Mainly because my mom has discovered over the years that if I don't take at least one friend with me, I will buy three more friends to take home. LOL)

This was a good read. The numbers could even be higher, who knows for sure. I am one of the 28% that loves to cuddle with stuffed animals. I also snuggle with my blankie as well.

I have a stuffed bear I call "Pookie", I also have an Elmo, Paw Patrol Chase, a Barney, and a Clifford. I have a Disney comforter and a Paw Patrol blankie with Chase, Marshall, and Rubble on it.

I have two bears (one of them I sleep with every night and his name is Barry), a little Fozzie bear (waka waka), a big Tigger, Spongebob, a bunny, two monkeys, a Fiona doll, a little piggy, and I might get a Pikachu stuffie soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBearCowboy View Post
    Soooo... I have posted about this before, but there recently has been some updated surveys regarding how many adults may sleep with teddy bears and plushies.

One of the most recent studies shares their results that up to 40% of U.S. adults still sleep with a stuffed animal or teddy bear of some sort.

https://www.studyfinds.org/teddy-bea...nimals-adults/

Other recent studies do not portray quite as high a number, but still a significant amount.

https://www.today.com/health/turns-o...-adult-t111567

And as for still having a stuffed animal or teddy bear, a recent study showed 51% of adult men still kept a stuffed animal with 28% saying they still cuddled with it.

https://melmagazine.com/the-surprisi...l-f4e7c409692b

I think these are some really amazing studies, in that they prove what most of us who are ABDL already know, that some of the things of being little, such as cuddling with teddy bears is a pretty good thing.

TeddyBearCowboy

Thank you so much for these links!!!!

Thanks for the links to the articles! I have two stuffies in particular that I sleep with, but my entire collection is enormous! I have a real weakness for teddy bears and unicorns! When I was a child, I had lots of them, too. Never cared much for dolls, but stuffies were a whole other story!

I think people and especially men, who sleep with plushies, do so because deep down inside, they're scared to death. Anton Burge wrote in his play, "The Hour of the Wolf" about that hour in the middle of the night, 3:00 am when a person wakes in a cold sweat, terrified that one day he will die. There are plenty of other things to be scared about, often job and finances, but fear is fear. I think more and more people need that reassurance that a plushie can provide, thinking (regressing) to a safer time of innocence when we didn't question our own mortality and where we are after death.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Anton Burge wrote in his play, "The Hour of the Wolf" about that hour in the middle of the night, 3:00 am when a person wakes in a cold sweat, terrified that one day he will die.
    Damn Dogboy, this is scary...
    I just woke up around 3:00 am in a cold sweat and decided to take a look at Adisc...