Adults with Teddy Bears or Plushies much more common than you think!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bohorainbow said:
I'm so sorry for your loss, dogboy. Thanks for sharing your memories... heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time.

I whole-heartedly agree.

dogboy said:
Thanks. When my wife was alive, I used to have Plushie Theater which was me and the plushies reenacting whatever was happening on the TV. I had hooked her up to her kidney dialysis machine and we watched TV for a couple of hours before we turned off the lights. The plushies would lighten the psychological load, so to speak. Imagine all of her blood going out of her, into the machine and back while we were supposed to sleep through all of that. Every night I wondered if I would wake up to find all of her blood on the floor because something failed. We did that for ten years, and for ten years, we had "Plushie Theater". Most of the plushies are silent as they've lost their voice.

Thank you so much for sharing that. It's beautiful and inspiring to imagine how much these "little things" make such a difference. You must have been such a comfort to your wife.

tiny said:
Thank you so much for sharing that. It's beautiful and inspiring to imagine how much these "little things" make such a difference. You must have been such a comfort to your wife.

We were a good team, tiny. She was so accepting of me. She spent most of her waking time, thinking of others and that always included me. How I miss her.

At 60, I sleep with plushies.
Many of us Autistic Adults do sleep with plushies.
I also know that many of us carry plushies around to help us Autistics with cognitive/emotional self-regulation.
I do not feel ashamed that I need Howard Hug Bear at night and naptimed and my little plush Twilight Sparkle Pony friend in my diaper bag when I am out around town.

I still have stuffed animals. Yes, i still sleep with them too.
Right now there is Chase from PAW patrol, and my Little wolfie plushie Erik on my bed at this moment.
I snuggle up to them and sleep every night. :bedtime:
I also still have my first original baby blanket I was given when born; it was made by my grandfather.

I have also taken Erik my wolfie with me on trips. We went to Norway last year. it was a long airplane flight and i knew i would want to sleep and would need a friend. He sleep in my backpack(that held my extra diapers for changes during travel) and when i finally got on the plane he cmae out and i used him as a pillow and slept a bit.
We traveled in a boat from Amsterdam to Norway and around the coast of Norway he stayed in my cabin on my bed.
He said the Holland American staff on the ship that made the beds ect where nice.(they always kept him on my bed and on my pillow after making the bed)

I have my OLD Tina Bear (She's not Teddy.. She's a Tina)) from back when I really was 4 or 5 yrs old. I kept her for years in an old footlocker and only brought her out when I was feeling little. She is the one thing that has survived all my binges and purgings.

I sleep with a barney stuffie that I got I think when i was 5 yrs old.

I still have lots of stuffies, several shelves full in fact, and a good half-dozen or so who squeeze into my twin-size bed with me every night. I carry my little stuffed dragon, Whisper, with me everywhere in my bag, and I pull him out if I get anxious or sad. He comes out for all my therapy sessions, and my therapist even calls him by name, which I think is adorable. I was a college student, so I got used to sleeping in some pretty weird and uncomfortable spots in between classes to keep the exhaustion at bay, but if I were given the most comfortable bed in the world, I wouldn't be able to fall asleep without my thumb and my dragon.

I never used to really sleep with stuffed friends that often. I mean I occasionally did past age 8. from 10-20 I did not at all. But I was well into my ab/dl "awakening" at 21 that I finally bought a Winnie the Pooh. Loved him so much until I found Mickey Mouse after having visited Disney world for the first time.
I Sleep every night with him, occasionally with a few other stuffed friends, minnie, pluto, oswald, etc. I doubt I'll give mickey up, I love him to death, I don't think I would have gotten myself out of my true depression without him. I want to enjoy mickey for as long as possible, so that stopped any of those dark thoughts long ago.

MickeyM said:
I never used to really sleep with stuffed friends that often. I mean I occasionally did past age 8. from 10-20 I did not at all. But I was well into my ab/dl "awakening" at 21 that I finally bought a Winnie the Pooh. Loved him so much until I found Mickey Mouse after having visited Disney world for the first time.
I Sleep every night with him, occasionally with a few other stuffed friends, minnie, pluto, oswald, etc. I doubt I'll give mickey up, I love him to death, I don't think I would have gotten myself out of my true depression without him. I want to enjoy mickey for as long as possible, so that stopped any of those dark thoughts long ago.

When I was very small I was in absolute love with Mickey Mouse. Not just "He's my favorite cartoon character", it was "I am so marrying Mickey Mouse when I grow up. That Minnie needs to step off of my man."

He's still a big favorite of mine and I'm glad they started doing a less in-your-face educational show with him. :3 I really have been liking Mickey and the Roadster Racers.

I might be one of the few adults that still has teddy bears and plushies...
(Edit for the super large image XD )
Y4pfMR8.png

I cuddle with my Tails plush every night. He helps me to sleep well and comforts me after bad dreams. And he uses my pillow when I'm out of bed... Evil lil Foxy
a655d1b877e82a4636416c739572ce5f.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

Wuggle said:
I still have lots of stuffies, several shelves full in fact, and a good half-dozen or so who squeeze into my twin-size bed with me every night.

I have ten stuffed animals currently sharing my full-size bed.

i wake up around 3am, but not in a cold sweat-it is a wet diaper, instead

That's my thing. I was never a doll or toy person (both as a child and now as a little), but stuffed animals were and are my favorite. I never had a favorite, but I have enough to fill my bed three times over! (Unfortunately, they're all packed in my attic because my mother thinks I'm too old for them, but that's soon to change.)

I have some plushies. The majority of them are boxed up because of space, but I can't wait to get them out one day. :D

- - - Updated - - -

FluffyWolfe said:
I might be one of the few adults that still has teddy bears and plushies...
(Edit for the super large image XD )
Y4pfMR8.png

I love your collection it's huge! :D

rainbowpenguin said:
I have some plushies. The majority of them are boxed up because of space, but I can't wait to get them out one day. :D

- - - Updated - - -

I love your collection it's huge! :D

Thank you.

I was trying to be sarcastic, but forgot to put in a ; ) XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back