Ugh...PSA : Rearz Safari/Incontrol+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan09

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Heya all.

Just wanted to send out a quick PSA (Public Service Announcment) that I'm hoping might save someone, somewhere from making an *expensive* mistake...but--

Rearz Safari and Rearz InControl+ are NOT the same base diaper. The InControl is, in fact, a significantly cheapened version, that I suspect uses a similar SAP/padding composition as the Safari, but just about everything else has been cheapened.

I bought some of the Incontrol recently, as I had heard that they were identical to the Safari's aside from prints--and being a bit cheaper. But upon arrival, they have substantially weaker plastic backing...which I found to tear VERY easy and far worse tabs. The backing is so weak, I found the tabs simply separated off it, even when fastened intentionally loose, after just an hour or so. They're also noticeably thinner, out of the package.

For something that's marketed as a 'nighttime' diaper---and is around $3USD per diaper, this is obviously a no go.

For those thinking of trying them--please be aware, they're decidedly NOT the Safaris.

Thank you for the heads up, that's what these forums are about, you saved me a bunch of $$

hmmmm that hasn't been my experience? I wonder if you just got a bad batch? (or if the entire line got cheapened?) Are you sure you got Inspire InControl, and not just plain Inspire? I haven't really paid that much attention to things like thickness of the shell plastic though.

Did you have a "diaper malfunction" like a tape break/pullaway, shell tear, or back split?

That also hasn't been an issue that I've noticed, perhaps you ordered the wrong product? Maybe they accidently sent the wrong product? You should read the label and your order, and perhaps if they sent the wrong order, or bad quality, give them a chance to correct it before making a claim like that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Are you sure you got the Inspire+, and not the Inspire? They are two totally different diapers. The Inspire+ is built the same as the Safari, but the Inspire is a light weight cheaper daytime diaper

I recently got some of each and I have not noticed an issue with the InControl. As the others have said you mite have gotten a bad batch? Rearz is normally pretty good about their quality.

Incontrol are different from Incontrol+, two totally different diapers.

I just had the same exact problem with the Inspire+ Incontrol. I ordered a new case and noticed the backing material was different, plus the tapes are clear now instead of white. Sure enough, after wearing overnight, the tabs were pulled off the backing, just as you described.

I sent an email to Rearz --- highly recommend you do the same so they can get to the bottom of this. It clearly has to do with some of their recent material changes. I've had only positive experiences with Rearz in the past, so hopefully they can resolve this quickly and continue making great products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back