Well, that went nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I was adjusting my belt this morning (I got a couple Ratchet Belts, but that has little to do with the majority of this topic), and I guess because my mom saw my Underwear (I wasnt wearing a diaper at that time, and some of my underwear don't fit ideal, so it can be a toss up between wearing them too high, or too low, so I would usually go with too high), she changed the topic to Diapers and said, "why do you have to wear Diapers during the day; I potty trained my kids".

So I said I didn't have to it was just for comfort, and she said "they can be a comfort at my age, they cant be a comfort at your age", I guess to her, comfort must mean "just in case you cant make it to the bathroom", to me comfort just means comfort, it has nothing to do with potentially needing them.

So basically nothing changed, maybe she will get it some day, but I've done what I could without going too far (I could have said it can be a sexual thing, but I'm sure that probably would not go over well and it's not a conversation i want to have).

But at least I'm not being asked to stop or being threatened to be kicked out (which would not be good for her either as i pay bills, I'm not a freeloader)

The thing I worry about my mom finding are my pacis. I can literally have everything else, but I don't wanna work on that conversation with her. XD She's always telling people how I wasn't fooled by them as a baby and now I have a bunch of them stashed near my bed. I don't think she'll be angry, but she'd be like "Wut."

well, babyT, she may not understand, but at least you can talk about it and she doesnt seem to get mad. there are a bunch of people on this site who would give anything to be in your...ah..diapers.

Her notions of comfort might be weird, my idea of comfort is a sense of peace and security, not mere convenience, but at least you can talk and wear openly while under your parent's roof. My Mother freaked out when she found a box of baby toys in my room, I would hate to see how she would have reacted if I still had diapers on me. Thankfully, I am on my own, so I can be a baby and diaper up whenever time allows :)

Poofybutt said:
Her notions of comfort might be weird, my idea of comfort is a sense of peace and security, not mere convenience, but at least you can talk and wear openly while under your parent's roof. My Mother freaked out when she found a box of baby toys in my room, I would hate to see how she would have reacted if I still had diapers on me. Thankfully, I am on my own, so I can be a baby and diaper up whenever time allows :)

I think the average person isn't going to think of diapers as comfortable or promoting any sense of peace and well-being other than decreased likelihood of being embarrassed by wet pants.

Even as an ABDL, I don't find them comfortable compared to underwear. I can accept that others do but it doesn't make too much sense to me.

I'd agree with Trevor ... diapers aren't physically 'comfortable,' especially in comparison to ordinary underwear.

The 'comfort' factor is largely mental, and that's probably what the OP's mother doesn't understand.

I think most ABs and DLs experience some degree of mental 'comfort' while wearing that non-DLs and non-ABs are hard-pressed to understand.

From putting diapers on to having them wet or messy and the worries of concealing them with various degrees of success, there's very little about wearing that's physically 'comfortable.'

Women, as I've often noted, tend to be very pragmatic about diapers ... which might explain why there are so few female ABs and DLs. The OP's mother likely sees diapers as clothing for babies, or as 'conveniences' for older adults. Seeing them as 'comfortable' is probably as much a challenge for her as it is for me, and I've been wearing as an adult for more than 30 years.

sbmccue said:
I'd agree with Trevor ... diapers aren't physically 'comfortable,' especially in comparison to ordinary underwear.

The 'comfort' factor is largely mental, and that's probably what the OP's mother doesn't understand.

I think most ABs and DLs experience some degree of mental 'comfort' while wearing that non-DLs and non-ABs are hard-pressed to understand.

From putting diapers on to having them wet or messy and the worries of concealing them with various degrees of success, there's very little about wearing that's physically 'comfortable.'

Women, as I've often noted, tend to be very pragmatic about diapers ... which might explain why there are so few female ABs and DLs. The OP's mother likely sees diapers as clothing for babies, or as 'conveniences' for older adults. Seeing them as 'comfortable' is probably as much a challenge for her as it is for me, and I've been wearing as an adult for more than 30 years.

Well, for me they are comfortable both physically and mentally. I'm a cloth guy as well and I find the feel the warmth the padding the security to be very physically comfortable as well as psychologically. Disposables on the other hand although convenient, feel almost girdle like and when wet, constricting.

So I guess to each his own. Given the choice all other things being equal I ll take the cloth diaper over the jockey's anytime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back