Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Makes quite a difference sometimes.20180509_133236.jpg

Sheepies said:
Makes quite a difference sometimes.

Couldn't agree more, makes diapers nicer to wear when they're not all compressed and stiff ^u^

I've put mine in the dryer for 3-10 minutes to fluff them. As long as you use low heat for a short time it works well.

That or I put them on the bed and smack them with the thin side of a paddle a few dozen times to break them loose and fluff them. This has become my preferred method.

Sheepies said:
Makes quite a difference sometimes.View attachment 30907

That is so funny with Meatball in the background :smile1:
Are you two still happy with each other?

On topic: I always move my diapers to my closet for some time to fluff them before wearing, although not all brands puff up the same. For Tykables for example it doesn't really seem to matter.

Makubird said:
That is so funny with Meatball in the background :smile1:
Are you two still happy with each other?

On topic: I always move my diapers to my closet for some time to fluff them before wearing, although not all brands puff up the same. For Tykables for example it doesn't really seem to matter.
We are! I'm honestly surprised you remembered his name lol!

Really? Are Tykables maximum poof already?

I know it works quite well on Crinklz as they jam pack so much in a small standard sized package

I usually don't have the luxury of letting my diapers floof for a long time since I'm 24/7, but when I get my case in, they get unbagged and stacked on the shelf so they do get some time to relax.

yeah feels way more like underwear

Sheepies said:

I know it works quite well on Crinklz as they jam pack so much in a small standard sized package

How could I forget about Meatball?? He is quite impressive. If you ever get tired of each other I would be happy to adopt him.

The padding in the tykables feels more compact and compressed than most other diapers and doesn't poof/puff/fluff as much as other diapers. (As a Dutchman I am not familiar with the poof-related vocabulary :smile1:)

Makubird said:
How could I forget about Meatball?? He is quite impressive. If you ever get tired of each other I would be happy to adopt him.

The padding in the tykables feels more compact and compressed than most other diapers and doesn't poof/puff/fluff as much as other diapers. (As a Dutchman I am not familiar with the poof-related vocabulary :smile1:)
Ahaha you might enjoy this picture I took earlier then. My recent shipment with a Meatball for scale :>20180509_132338.jpg

Sheepies said:

My pack of Crinklz gets a bit puffed up after a few days on the stash. The Tykables does get puffed up too, but only slightly compared to Crinklz.

Khaymen said:
I've put mine in the dryer for 3-10 minutes to fluff them. As long as you use low heat for a short time it works well.

3-10 minutes? The first time I tried a "meager" 60 seconds I had 10 minutes of cleaning out the dryer...

you sure you don't mean "seconds"?

15 seconds is usually good for me if I feel like doing that, which is rare.

and yes those crinklz really do fluff up given time. 50% is typical for them, a stack of two fluffed crinklz is as thick as a stack of three new ones.

Sheepies said:
Ahaha you might enjoy this picture I took earlier then. My recent shipment with a Meatball for scale :>View attachment 30911

Hahaha
Watch out for his claws, he might damage your Crinklz :tongueout:

bambinod said:
3-10 minutes? The first time I tried a "meager" 60 seconds I had 10 minutes of cleaning out the dryer...

you sure you don't mean "seconds"?

15 seconds is usually good for me if I feel like doing that, which is rare.

Throw a few towels in the dryer so that the diapers are not rattling around in there alone and put the dryer on the cool down cycle. I'm pretty sure one minute did nothing, so I increased the time accordingly, but sure start with a minute and see what works.

Times from one dryer to the next would be different as well.

I open a pack a few days before I need them and take out a dozen or so, so they get chance to un-compress. Before putting one on, I hold it at each end and give it a bit of a shake, then fold it lengthwise to make a nice channel.

Besides letting them floof out of the bag when I get my diapers, I also fold the diaper longways like NorthShore recommends--on top of that, I roll it like a cinnamon roll while it is still folded. I believe it helps but it would be nice to get feedback to see if I'm just getting a placebo effect or of it does help the diaper a little.. It's all part of my "diapering ritual". lol

Cinnamon Roll.jpg

You have to pinch them from both sides to pull them apart from where they've machine pressed them. They do this to save money on space. Wish they'd stop doing it. Hence why I loved Comficares. They came out thick & absorbent as a dream.

Travis9800 said:
You have to pinch them from both sides to pull them apart from where they've machine pressed them. They do this to save money on space. Wish they'd stop doing it. Hence why I loved Comficares. They came out thick & absorbent as a dream.

Shipping cost has a lot to do with volume, often moreso than weight. They're passing that savings on to you.

I have to work out a system from letting them sit and fluff up, I rarely have more than 2 packs open at a time and then they are stacked atop each other in my bedside cupboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back