DL curious about AB

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyDL44

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am currently a DL. Curious about the AB side. What's the best way to try the AB experience?

I will echo what GDNTSKID said.

There is no guide to how to approach trying AB things.

I would start off slow with items you may already have or can purchase cheaply at the local market or store. Then just try something.

In addition to the above, you could try watching children's TV or movies, listening to children's songs and music. Or, try making some foods that you had as a young child.

I'll tell you now, should you be interested in coloring, the cheapest coloring books will likely be found at Dollar Tree if you live in the US. They have lots of different ones. (Not so good for crayons though...I'm a crayon snob and only like quality ones. LOL)

And I'm not sure if you like kids music, but I would recommend Raffi...his songs are cute and memorable but not so much annoying. I never got to listen to them when I was an actual kid, but little woozle LOVES him. ;)

Also, if you remember things you liked that are still around, try them again, no matter how silly it might feel at first. I know I bought play-doh because I remembered loving the smell of it as a kid. Got home, took off the lid and poked in a finger. ZAP. Little Woozle Mode Activated. And many play-doh pies were made that day.

DL44,
You shouldn't need to ask anyone. There is no CORRECT way to be AB anymore that a proper way to be gender dysphoric.
It's strictly what ever works for you. IF you like your thumb better than a pacifier, that's where you are. IF you like cloth diapers and plastic panties, and not disposables... that's cool too. IF you have to ask you need to set down and be honest with yourself.

There is something to be said about trying out some of the different things more associated with being AB than DL. Try out a pacifier and bottle, snuggle a stuffy, or any of the other already-mentioned things. If they give you comfort and you enjoy the experience, then that part is worth keeping. If it doesn't do anything for you, then move on to the next thing.

I can help on this one, as I was definitely purely a DL until dabbling with the AB aspect!

The best start in my opinion is the obvious - a nice printed thick diaper. A Tykables Overnight or Crinklz should do the trick. Pair the printed diaper with a cute onesie, along with a pacifier. Everyone enjoys different things, but I can say that those things for me got me hooked on the occasional AB time.

I also think being AB is a state of mind. You kind of are already there, and then acquiring baby objects comes naturally. I think my first purchase was a baby bottle. After my wife found out, she would buy plushies which was very nice. Then she bought me some onsies and sippy cups. All things are possible.

I think it's very common for DL's to have AB desires or curiosities. After all, the general term for our community is ABDL, so naturally, there is going to be some overlap.

As others have said, there really is no right or wrong way. Everyone regresses and explores their AB side in a different and unique way. Some AB's regress to more of toddler age and love exploring, playing with toys, others like regressing to an actual baby age, laying on their backs, shaking their rattles and being cared for. Some AB's even have a wide array of ages they play, complete with many different age specific behaviours and activities they exhibit and enjoy.

If it helps, I would simply suggest that you think of the things you liked to do as a kid and do them when you set aside the time for yourself to regress and be little. You could even make a list of AB specific activities you'd like to try. At the end of the day, everyone regresses differently. Do some thinking, take your time and I'm sure you'll find the best possible way for you to explore your AB side.

Best of luck :)

Thank you everyone for your input. I will start looking into these ideas.

I can relate a lot. When I first started the only thing I had a interest in was diapers. Then I inquired about other "little" things like sippy cups, and stuffed animals. I would say if you're curious - try to think about what interests you and learn more about it. What are some things you remember really enjoying about your childhood? Is there an age you feel mentally/emotionally that is younger than your physical age? These questions should help you explore...

These things are expressions of desire. If you don't have the desire, I don't see how you can invent it. If you think it might be interesting or fun, sort of free associate what comes to mind in the sense that you think it might be appealing.

You've had some good advice here but I think it has leaned pretty heavily on regression. This is pretty common for ABs but not essential. Maybe your interest could be more tied to notions of baby status rather than regression.

I'm not saying one thing is more or less desirable than another but you have to find a spark to nurture if this is to go anywhere. Otherwise, it's just weird stuff to do that doesn't mean anything. Analyze your desire and see where that can lead.

CuddleWoozle said:
I know I bought play-doh because I remembered loving the smell of it as a kid. Got home, took off the lid and poked in a finger. ZAP. Little Woozle Mode Activated. And many play-doh pies were made that day.

After reading your post, today I bought some play-doh myself. Wow! I had completely forgotten that smell! Instant regression and flashbacks. I almost put it in my mouth :smile1:
I played a lot with this stuff as a kid but didn't know it was play-doh. Thanks so much for your suggestion!

I also bought crayons, will try them tomorrow.

Makubird said:
After reading your post, today I bought some play-doh myself. Wow! I had completely forgotten that smell! Instant regression and flashbacks. I almost put it in my mouth :smile1:
I played a lot with this stuff as a kid but didn't know it was play-doh. Thanks so much for your suggestion!

I also bought crayons, will try them tomorrow.

LOL. Dun eat iiiiiit. (You will probably poot out rainbows if you do.)

I buy crayons and my mother reminds me that I have a whole overnight-bag suitcase full of them. And I buy them anyway because CRAYONS, MAN. XD I honestly still own a few of the OC. Original Crayons. The first ones my mom bought for me ever. If/when I get a chance, I'll have to take pictures of my crayon-suitcase.

There is lots of good advice here! I started out the opposite way... from little then to diapers. I agree that there isn't "one true way" to do this. But the good news is, there are lots of options for you. There are so many adult versions of pacifiers, baby bottles, bibs, baby rattles, etc... But those are just tangible items to enhance play. To me, being little or babyish is primarily a state of mind. That's where it starts, and the "stuff" just enhances that. Good luck in your search!

I have been a DL for some time. I tried the ABC thing it was cute at first, but it really didn't do anything to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been a DL for some time. I tried the ABC thing it was cute at first, but it really didn't do anything to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back