The New Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

freechris

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I've tried the special Valentine brands from Bambino (and just this recently because of my the size of my stash). I believe that the absorption is great; but I don't like the waist and tape design.
I don't know about anyone else, but I like to put Gorilla tape over the diaper tapes to feel extra secure. The issue with the newer design is that the surfaces of the hip area and landing zone are both soft and rough, making it easier for the Gorilla tape to come off. Therefore, I feel less secure when it comes to using them.
I understand that an effort is being made to reduce impact on the environment by making products more biodegradable; and I do support the idea of not destroying the only planet we live on. But I just wish there was a way to make our tapes, shall I say...more secure.

freechris said:
So I've tried the special Valentine brands from Bambino (and just this recently because of my the size of my stash). I believe that the absorption is great; but I don't like the waist and tape design.
I don't know about anyone else, but I like to put Gorilla tape over the diaper tapes to feel extra secure. The issue with the newer design is that the surfaces of the hip area and landing zone are both soft and rough, making it easier for the Gorilla tape to come off. Therefore, I feel less secure when it comes to using them.
I understand that an effort is being made to reduce impact on the environment by making products more biodegradable; and I do support the idea of not destroying the only planet we live on. But I just wish there was a way to make our tapes, shall I say...more secure.

I haven't tried Gorilla tape, but have found that Tyvek tape for house wrap works really well on any diaper I've tried it on. It's clear, so it blends right in. I haven't used it since I started wearing higher quality diapers, so I don't know how it would work on the new Bambinos, but it's worth a try. It is available at any Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, etc.

My wife has used clear packaging tape to secure me into my diapers when she wants to make sure I use my diapers fully, once secured it most difficult to remove the diapers with damage to the plastic backing.

The breathable products are not as environmentally friendly as they claim , the companies could care less about the environment , its cheaper for them to make a breathable product using the same plastic only its spun into poly fiber , then the back sheet coted with a very thin coat of wax , then non breathable . Yet despite lowering their cost they wont lower the price .

the breathables do not work well they leak all the time on me tried several different brands

Aren't the Valentine version based off the Magnifico diaper? If so, I believe they have velcro tabs.

"valentine" bambino? Hadn't heard of that - and don't see it on their web site? got a link?

12srepaid said:
Aren't the Valentine version based off the Magnifico diaper? If so, I believe they have velcro tabs.

Yes, they were a limited production for valentines day, but the same diaper as the magnifico & bianco stretch, just different art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back