Icky but eye opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm. It doesn't bother me a bit. My guess is that they're mis-prints/overrun pieces that weren't used. I cannot imagine them collecting up USED baby diapers and turning them into rope without processing them first.

That being said, I've never personally seen anything like that.

At first glance it's kinda "OMG EW." But then you think about it a bit and it makes sense. Like the condoms inside the hair ties. They're torn or mis-formed at the factory, so instead of throwing away a perfectly useful piece of rubber they turn them over to the hair tie people to use as cores.

The neck pillow stuffed with used sanitary pads did it for me 😵

Wow, big deal...

Most of this is recycling, wich is wise and enonomically encouraged. The diapers/toothpaste tubes also look more like overproduction that has been repurposed.

But wrapping a product with another makover could be shady. Espacially if you sell it for more - that´s just plain fraud.

Cheers

ade said:
The neck pillow stuffed with used sanitary pads did it for me ��

Ew. That sounds like something somebody did purposely to be gross and less a company making it that way. :p

CuddleWoozle said:
Mmm. It doesn't bother me a bit. My guess is that they're mis-prints/overrun pieces that weren't used. I cannot imagine them collecting up USED baby diapers and turning them into rope without processing them first.

Like the condoms inside the hair ties. They're torn or mis-formed at the factory, so instead of throwing away a perfectly useful piece of rubber they turn them over to the hair tie people to use as cores.

Thank you, CuddleWoozle, I'll never look at my wife's, SCRUNCHIES the same way again. Somethings are just better left unknown;)

Last edited:
littlemoosey said:
Thank you, CuddleWoozle, I'll never look at my wife's, SCRUNCHIES the same way again. Somethings are just better left unknown;)

LOL

Well, I mean, they're not exactly USED. That would be horrible. But I don't see much of a problem with it.

The one that made me laugh was that shoe spray is actually just deodorant. When we were kids, my dad’s shoes were smelly, so my brother and I would put bars of soap and open deodorants in his shoes. Always made him mad. Obviously we weren’t too far off!

pgfdp said:
The one that made me laugh was that shoe spray is actually just deodorant. When we were kids, my dad’s shoes were smelly, so my brother and I would put bars of soap and open deodorants in his shoes. Always made him mad. Obviously we weren’t too far off!

I'm -thinking- that the company put something different into the can. Such as they printed too many cans and had a surplus after they changed something, so they took the cans, sold them off to recoup expense and Aldi bought them, put foot spray in them and shrink wrapped a different (correct) label over top of the printed on label.

Where I work does this ALL the time. Not with cans, but with stuff we got 'stuck' with. Like 12 full skids of wheel weights for steel wheels that we don't run anymore. So they've been selling the weights off to a company in Mexico that needs them. Otherwise it would be a terrible waste to just toss them and to recycle them we'd get no money back on what was spent.

But that is hilarious that you stuffed good smelling stuff in your dad's shoes. XD I just took my brothers smelly boots and threw them out the front door. They smelled like road kill and I'm not even exaggerating. :p

No, there is not a problem with it, it is just the thought. The next time my wife has occasion to use one, Ill just call her "condom head". That will surely elicit a, "HEY"! It will all be in jest and then I will tell her.

littlemoosey said:
No, there is not a problem with it, it is just the thought. The next time my wife has occasion to use one, Ill just call her "condom head". That will surely elicit a, "HEY"! It will all be in jest and then I will tell her.

SAFETY FIRST, MA'AM.

XD I bet she'd be like "I'm gonna bonk you with something." (At least if she's anything like me. XD I'd giggle, then probably lob a pillow.)

YUP, that's exactly her kind of reaction. She is a champ. I'm lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back