Can I sleep in messy or wet diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jello

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi, i have no control over bladder or bowel so whenever I need to go I go.

Sometimes I will mess or wet my diaper right before I go to sleep or as I am getting ready/into bed.

So, do I need to change if this happens (as I usually do as I am unsure) or can I leave it as I do not find it uncomfortable.

Thanks
Jello

Long story short - change!

Always clean yourself and put on a fresh diaper before going to bed. Staying in wet or even messy diapers for too long over an extended period of time can cause severe skin damage and lead to infections.
Stay healthy!

Cheers

A wet diaper shouldn't be too harmful.
Although a messy one might cause skin irritation. I would say it depends (no pun intended) on your skin, and of course the amount. (A shart wouldn't do too much.)
Hope my comment helped. :)

You can sleep in it but the acids in your stool and urine combine and it ain't good ,if you use a barrier cream (not rash cream, A & D ,desitin etc...)you could do it,without a barrier cream you are probably going to get a rash ,diaper rash isn't a "rash" its a mild burn.

I wet all the time and more often than anything else wear cloth diapers ,but you would be playing with fire,with urine /feces mix ,i have been IC 25 years have by all accounts "iron skin" & always use barrier cream ,if it happend in your sleep obviously you couldnt do anything about it,but to deliberately invite trouble by going to bed messy is foolish.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Not in the IC crowd, but I have gambled on a fart and lost when I was popping in and out of sleep. To make a long story short, you can sleep in a wet and messy diaper, but you really shouldn't.

Wet diapers, depending on how well hydrated you are can be typically mild and inoffensive, but anytime you mess and it mixes with urine, you are going to get some irritation. There have been times when I've messed and changed within 5 minutes and I still got a bit of a rash at the end of the day. So, I would say, if you wake up in the middle of the night to a wet and messy diaper then you should change as soon as you can.

I would say get changed.
If I'm messy before bed I need to change, otherwise a rash is probably going to happen and no one likes to deal with a rash.
I mess while I'm asleep and there's nothing I can do really, but even just a few hours can cause issues if you stay in it too long.

Another problem you have with not changing is the risk of leaking.
If you don't change into fresh padding before bed, you have less room in there if you have a bm or for it to absorb your urine while you're out.
I've had blowouts and capacity maxed leaks alike. It's no fun needing to change the sheets.

If messes didn't cause rashes and I had already changed before bed, I'd be fine with sleeping in it for longer and not changing before bed. Would save a diaper for the morning change >u<
But messed do cause rashes and you shouldn't risk it.

Not IC but I've slept wet many times. Messy never. I'd suggest changing right away though for sanitary reasons. Though, if you're just wet, and you've taken proper precautions (Powders and creams) or you'er like me and your skin just seems to resist rashes from wet diapers, should be fine for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back