Still embarassed to wear around Parents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drynites96 said:
Well I didn't have bedwetting issures back then. The bedwetting started around two years ago because of a lot of Stress and pretty bad Nightmares. It doesn't happen that often (maybe once or twice a week)

And... *sigh* You're kinda right. I do hide behind it a bit... But that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen sometimes.

I´m glad we clarified that.
It is understandable that you try hiding behind it to an extend as bedwetting is far more accepted than AB/DL.

I can just repeat my self - let all the info sink in. Make yout heat about it and come at peace with yourself. Then you can explain yourself better to your mother.
Maybe she can understand you better then. And if she understands it, it will also give you more resolve.

Since your family knows about it you could maybe actively work on your wearing issues by putting them on in your room and then brush your teeth and do your bedroutine. Just wearing them in combination with a (long)t-shirt.
Summer is a perfect time for this. In this rather short timespan someone of your family might see you or not at all. But you can use this small moments of partially "exposure" to work on your feelings.
Everyone knows, so where is the problem?
Also in the morning, if it´s not too full, wear it for breakfast but put something over it. It must not conceal everything perfectly, but it shows some "decency" towards your family. These are small exercises that are not extreme in any way and you can incorporate them in daily life and working on it in a social acceptable way. It is important that you do not overextend this and keep it on a scale. That might be a way to better cope with it until you move out and have more private space.
Just a suggestion, it´s up to you to decide how and if you approach it.

Cheers

LifeInPlastic said:
I´m glad we clarified that.
It is understandable that you try hiding behind it to an extend as bedwetting is far more accepted than AB/DL.

I can just repeat my self - let all the info sink in. Make yout heat about it and come at peace with yourself. Then you can explain yourself better to your mother.
Maybe she can understand you better then. And if she understands it, it will also give you more resolve.

Since your family knows about it you could maybe actively work on your wearing issues by putting them on in your room and then brush your teeth and do your bedroutine. Just wearing them in combination with a (long)t-shirt.
Summer is a perfect time for this. In this rather short timespan someone of your family might see you or not at all. But you can use this small moments of partially "exposure" to work on your feelings.
Everyone knows, so where is the problem?
Also in the morning, if it´s not too full, wear it for breakfast but put something over it. It must not conceal everything perfectly, but it shows some "decency" towards your family. These are small exercises that are not extreme in any way and you can incorporate them in daily life and working on it in a social acceptable way. It is important that you do not overextend this and keep it on a scale. That might be a way to better cope with it until you move out and have more private space.
Just a suggestion, it´s up to you to decide how and if you approach it.

Cheers

Hmm that sounds like a Plan. I sometimes wear around my Parents but not that often. I'm still wearing my dry Drynite from last night while typing this. And tbh it almost doesn't bother me anymore if someone notices the diaper under my clothes, but having someone see my diaper in full view is still really tough for me.

Now, you have an answer for her. You've always been fascinated with them. Tell her so. Tell her about those cousins. Be CAREFUL, tell her about friends' houses, and your plushies. You wouldn't be crying, unless, on some level, you were afraid of her hurting you. She's your mom, and right that moment, I'm guessing you felt an inch tall. Cry that stuff out. It's okay. You're fine, bigger now, too.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Now, you have an answer for her. You've always been fascinated with them. Tell her so. Tell her about those cousins. Be CAREFUL, tell her about friends' houses, and your plushies. You wouldn't be crying, unless, on some level, you were afraid of her hurting you. She's your mom, and right that moment, I'm guessing you felt an inch tall. Cry that stuff out. It's okay. You're fine, bigger now, too.

She knows all of that stuff. Back then I even put my plushies in diapers and had them sit openly on my bed. I cried because I felt so embarrassed because of this stuff. I don't really know why I'm having such a Problem with it and why I often start crying while talking with her about it...

Drynites96 said:
She knows all of that stuff. Back then I even put my plushies in diapers and had them sit openly on my bed. I cried because I felt so embarrassed because of this stuff. I don't really know why I'm having such a Problem with it and why I often start crying while talking with her about it...
It hurts. When it hurts, we cry. If you knew you had nothing to fear from her, she wouldn't ostracize you, she wasn't angry with you for something you didn't do to yourself, and she wouldn't go run and tell other non-receptive family, telling her wouldn't embarrass you so much, unless you were talking to her directly about what gives you an election, which, I don't think you are, as that doesn't involve tears, and, I trust your social filter not to do that, anyway.

Can I ask; standard childhood? When you were a kid, were you allowed to have a simple disagreement with your parents, or, was it met with, "I'm the parent; you're the kid. Get over it," or punishment? If you where bored, could you say so to them? If they hurt your feelings, did they apologize? You sure were expected to, huh? Parents can get away with stuff with their kids, that if they did, or said, to another adult, would have them seen as meanies.

Last edited:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
It hurts. When it hurts, we cry. If you knew you had nothing to fear from her, she wouldn't ostracize you, she wasn't angry with you for something you didn't do to yourself, and she wouldn't go run and tell other non-receptive family, telling her wouldn't embarrass you so much, unless you were talking to her directly about what gives you an election, which, I don't think you are, as that doesn't involve tears, and, I trust your social filter not to do that, anyway.

Can I ask; standard childhood? When you were a kid, were you allowed to have a simple disagreement with your parents, or, was it met with, "I'm the parent; you're the kid. Get over it," or punishment? If you where bored, could you say so to them? If they hurt your feelings, did they apologize? You sure were expected to, huh? Parents can get away with stuff with their kids, that if they did, or said, to another adult, would have them seen as meanies.

Well I cried because I felt bad about myself for being a DL and my liking for diapers. I guess it's because it's something really personal and because I'm a pretty sensitive guy. She wasn't angry. She only wanted to know how I came to the idea to try diapers and stuff... I dunno how to explain this.

Yeah I had a pretty Standard childhood with the occasional arguments but nothing really bad. My time in school from 7th to 10th grade was a totally different story. I got bullied really badly. I got beat up, was called names, got death wishes while I was in the Hospital for 3 months. And I almost didn't get any help from the teachers. When I fought back I was always the bad guy, just because I defended myself...

I sometimes have nightmares about it...

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

Drynites96 said:
Well I cried because I felt bad about myself for being a DL and my liking for diapers. I guess it's because it's something really personal and because I'm a pretty sensitive guy. She wasn't angry. She only wanted to know how I came to the idea to try diapers and stuff... I dunno how to explain this.

Yeah I had a pretty Standard childhood with the occasional arguments but nothing really bad. My time in school from 7th to 10th grade was a totally different story. I got bullied really badly. I got beat up, was called names, got death wishes while I was in the Hospital for 3 months. And I almost didn't get any help from the teachers. When I fought back I was always the bad guy, just because I defended myself...

I sometimes have nightmares about it.
Ah, teachers, the other people who raise us. Bullied over what? Ouch, that hurt you. I'm sorry. You explaining fine. Don't, by any means, think you're not. When the embarrassment hit, what went through your mind? What were you thinking, feeling, and deciding? If I'm prying, tell me to shut up and go away.:hug:

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Ah, teachers, the other people who raise us. Bullied over what? Ouch, that hurt you. I'm sorry. You explaining fine. Don't, by any means, think you're not. When the embarrassment hit, what went through your mind? What were you thinking, feeling, and deciding? If I'm prying, tell me to shut up and go away.:hug:

Would it be okay if I tell you about the bullying stuff via Private Messages?

Well I felt extreme shame and asked me why I won't stop being a DL. I felt pretty bad tbh as I talked with her, even if she seemed really interested in the whole DL thing and wanted me to explain it a little.

Drynites96 said:
Would it be okay if I tell you about the bullying stuff via Private Messages?

Well I felt extreme shame and asked me why I won't stop being a DL. I felt pretty bad tbh as I talked with her, even if she seemed really interested in the whole DL thing and wanted me to explain it a little.
You certainly can PM me. You can even tell me to back the hell off.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
You certainly can PM me. You can even tell me to back the hell off.

Okay and Nope I won't tell you to back the hell off :)

Is it like, "but it's weird!"?

If that's what it is, then, yes, it is weird. I'm weird, too, in the same way as you, even. I'm sure we have our individual differences, but, I'm here. Do I need to stop? Then why do you? Humans are just weird creatures, dear. Other people are closely bonded to pool animal toys.

I don't recommend worrying why you're wired this way, until you know you're not alone, and you're okay. After I kinda understood I was okay, and not alone, being curious about why become safer, because I wanted to know out of curiosity, not a desire to steamroll who I am.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Is it like, "but it's weird!"?

If that's what it is, then, yes, it is weird. I'm weird, too, in the same way as you, even. I'm sure we have our individual differences, but, I'm here. Do I need to stop? Then why do you? Humans are just weird creatures, dear. Other people are closely bonded to pool animal toys.

I don't recommend worrying why you're wired this way, until you know you're not alone, and you're okay. After I kinda understood I was okay, and not alone, being curious about why become safer, because I wanted to know out of curiosity, not a desire to steamroll who I am.

You're right with your post. Everyone has some kind of weird stuff they're into and most of them don't let it stop them, so why should I let my DL side stop me? Right?

Right. Exactly. My parents know.

Let me tell you why they know.

They know, because, I won't sneak around anymore. I pay part of the rent here, so why should I have to? Why should I be ashamed of what I buy with my gift cards? They also know I'd get my weirdness out of their house, if everyone didn't benefit from me living here. Now, if this was something that was sexual for me, they wouldn't know anything. What I'm saying is, I didn't tell out of a desire to be inappropriately informative to people whose business this isn't, but, to be honest, and get appropriate privacy.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Right. Exactly. My parents know.

Let me tell you why they know.

They know, because, I won't sneak around anymore. I pay part of the rent here, so why should I have to? Why should I be ashamed of what I buy with my gift cards? They also know I'd get my weirdness out of their house, if everyone didn't benefit from me living here. Now, if this was something that was sexual for me, they wouldn't know anything. What I'm saying is, I didn't tell out of a desire to be inappropriately informative to people whose business this isn't, but, to be honest, and get appropriate privacy.

I don't know if my father knows or not. I only told my mother because of the privacy and because she has found my pacifiers once and threw them out. I wouldn't tell anyone I don't trust. The only other Person who knows that I'm a DL is my best friend Tim.

It's not necessary for everyone to know, anyway. It's good that you know the boundary between telling for privacy's sake, and just telling too much. The shame, emotional pain, and embarrassment you feel, are what makes me feel for you. What's your motivation for wanting to wear around them?

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
It's not necessary for everyone to know, anyway. It's good that you know the boundary between telling for privacy's sake, and just telling too much. The shame, emotional pain, and embarrassment you feel, are what makes me feel for you. What's your motivation for wanting to wear around them?

Well tbh wearing diapers helps me to relax and I just feel better.

I understand that part. Bad choice of words, I guess. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark, and say you'd like to get to the point where wearing at home just isn't a biggie? You'd like to be comfortable in your preferred undies, and, if mom does walk in on you, it's more about the disrespect of being walked in on, than, "Oh, my gosh, she saw my diaper?" You'd like to get to where you don't wonder if your parents wonder if you're wearing? If someone rings the doorbell, you'd like to be able to answer it, without freaking out about what you're wearing? Clothes are a wonderful thing. They cover both nakedness, and diapers, very well. Keep your clothes on, and, it'll go a long way.

What are you worried about? Is it the sound, the bulk, a mother with no boundaries, who might pat your fluffy bum, your dad seeing?

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I understand that part. Bad choice of words, I guess. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark, and say you'd like to get to the point where wearing at home just isn't a biggie? You'd like to be comfortable in your preferred undies, and, if mom does walk in on you, it's more about the disrespect of being walked in on, than, "Oh, my gosh, she saw my diaper?" You'd like to get to where you don't wonder if your parents wonder if you're wearing? If someone rings the doorbell, you'd like to be able to answer it, without freaking out about what you're wearing? Clothes are a wonderful thing. They cover both nakedness, and diapers, very well. Keep your clothes on, and, it'll go a long way.

What are you worried about? Is it the sound, the bulk, a mother with no boundaries, who might pat your fluffy bum, your dad seeing?

It's mostly the bulk that I'm the most afraid about. My Drynites are really thin but crinkle quite a bit if I don't wear Underwear over them. My Tenas almost don't crinkle but are almost twice as thick as the Drynites. And yeah... I'm worried that my Dad could notice.

Drynites96 said:
It's mostly the bulk that I'm the most afraid about. My Drynites are really thin but crinkle quite a bit if I don't wear Underwear over them. My Tenas almost don't crinkle but are almost twice as thick as the Drynites. And yeah... I'm worried that my Dad could notice.
There're a few ways to approach this. Personally, I'd go with the Tenas, and choose trousers with more room in the seat. Also, babygrows never come up, so, diapers never show.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
There're a few ways to approach this. Personally, I'd go with the Tenas, and choose trousers with more room in the seat. Also, babygrows never come up, so, diapers never show.
Okay but you can see the Tenas pretty well under Shorts and in general...but weirdly they're almost invisible under Jeans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back