Duct tape and diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishie

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have been recently using pulls ups 4-5 due to availability in my area, and I was wonder if anyone is duct taping diapers to make a tight seal for messes, and large messes at that?

if you are having bowel issues its time to switch to taped diapers like betterdry or equivalent you can then use ducttape to re enforece the diapers tapes and to make the diaper more snug I now use clear hockey tape as its easier to carry and quieter when tapeing up.

Pullups are worthless for bowel containment since they hsve no leak guards and you can not adjust the diaper around the legs for a better fit

Rob is right, if you mess - taped diapers are a must.
Sure, duct tape can be used with effect to tighten it up the waist. But do not forget that you have to leave some "room" in the diaper when putting it on.
The diaper should fit snug around legs and waist(hip is too low). Put it on in way it is not pressing tight around the butt and croth - leave some space there. Regardless of consistency a mess cannot be absorbed, it has to move somewhere. Having the diaper too close at the body can lead to the mess leaking out the legs or back no matter how much duct-tape you use. A protective plastic pants might also be a good extra protection just in case of a leak. Matress protection should also be mandatory.

Cheers

The only way duct tape will do any good on a diaper is if the tapes don't stick. Your pull-ups don't have tapes. Try an actual diaper with tapes.

BlizzardKid said:
The only way duct tape will do any good on a diaper is if the tapes don't stick. Your pull-ups don't have tapes. Try an actual diaper with tapes.

Well you can use it to make it sit even tighter than possible with tapes - matter of fact. ^^

I suppose so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back