Question about diaper leg gathers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmett

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi all,

This is my first post ever here... I've been lurking for ages but registered because I couldn't find the answer to this question anywhere.

So, I recently bought some Rearz Safari and oh my god these diapers are amazing! However, I have one question regarding the area around the leg gathers.

I've always found diapers to be mostly comfortable - especially these Safaris. My problem is that the area where the padding meets your inner thighs has always been slightly uncomfortable and I'm wondering whether I've been doing it wrong. I don't know what it's called exactly, but the extra part of the diaper (just some extra plastic with an elastic through it) that extends out after the leak guards is the part I am referring to.

Should I be tucking this part in with the standing leak guards or untucking it so it sits snugly against my thigh? Either way, so far I've been experiencing discomfort in that area where I feel like it's always cutting into my leg. Any tips?

Note: This concern relates to every "all in one" adult diaper I've ever used - not just these. I can't stress enough how much I like these. Highly recommended!

Thanks in advance :)

No don't tuck the leg gathers in, they're supposed to fan outwards from the diaper.

With regard to "cutting into your leg", I suspect you're trying to put the diaper on to tightly, have it stretched too far front-to-back, or you have the wrong-sized diaper (too small for you). You should be able to lift the leg gather to insert a finger to check for wetness.

Okay, that answers my question perfectly. Thank you! :)

Yep the leg gathers should extend outward, and give their elastic a good opportunity to pull the leg gathers flat up against the outside of your legs to "seal" up against your legs and help prevent leaks. You definitely don't want to tuck them under the leak guards!

Depending on how well that diaper's size fits you will determine how far down on the diaper you can attach the lower tape. But to keep that leg gather elastic comfortable and working well you need to attach the lower tapes so they are about "in-line" with the leg gather elastic, where it ends near where the tape is being attached. The idea is for the tape to pull up on and snug up that lower elastic. Don't tape "outside" that line, or you're going to be pulling more on the leg gather material (the diaper shell) that's on the other side of the elastic - that material by itself doesn't have any stretch to it so it'll pinch your skin when you move.

If you have the lower tapes aimed properly, it won't be necessary for them to be very tight, because the elastic will stretch a little to prevent gaps around your legs. This will make your diaper fit a lot more comfortably. It's difficult to describe in words just how tight is right, (and how tight is comfortable will vary a bit from person to person) so that's just something you'll have to work out for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back