The great Diaper famine of 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOXERSORBRIEFS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Not to make lite of a real famine, or the tragic starvation of so many.
Currently I am more concerned with how I will get by for six weeks with no real diaper time. I was able to cope on a two week road trip that ended about a month ago.
I have been padded every night since I have been home. But in about a week I leave for Southeast Asia. I know there are some diapers available locally and am sure I will try them out. And will probably take a few with me. Really I know I will be fine but it will be a change for me. I guess I will have a reason to want to get home. BTW my wife is very supportive and says just bring them with you..... I just know that it will be exceedingly more convenient to just try to forget the diapers for a few weeks, as I still have a choice unlike some of us here.

Just take a couple with you. You may regret not doing so. Only a couple, just to keep you sane, but not so many to upend whatever else you may need to pack.

Opposing view: depending on the countries, I would opt not to bring anything. Indonesia for example has trended towards sharia law in some provinces, which could land you in a lot of trouble for anything they deem "depraved".

I truly think you should bring some with you just to be sure

Definitely take a few as a "treat" if you can't wear all the time. You might be able to wear the same diaper overnight several nights if you don't wet, make them last a bit longer too

You will actually find it much, much more difficult to try and forget about diapers than you currently believe. Trust me, it will be anything but convenient.

And if you bring enough you can put them in a seperate bag. You can then check that bag with your airline for free like all medical items.

Initially when I read the title of this thread I thought you may have been referring to the famine of Diaper availability this year. In particular the likes of ABU. I have been waiting months for my favourites to restock and still nothing. I did just order some peakabu’s and looking forward to them arriving but still want some lavenders and LP’s in my size. It seems some other brands having supply issues to. Hopefully it’s because more people are buying great products but it’s been frustrating.
As for your famine issue, when it comes to travelling like that sometimes a little break can be wise however I support re using dry diapers if possible you’ll get more days diapered without too much drama I did this a few years back I flew to New Zealand for a few weeks training and was in a Motel on my own and packed a full pack of abenas some boosters and plastic pants and made them last most of the time over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expect you know your limits. I might feel a twinge thinking of six weeks without diapers but I sometimes go several weeks without them while they're right here in the bedroom. For me, at least, the desire seems to be reduced when I really break my routine and traveling qualifies.

I'd say use your best judgment. Bring a few along if you want or leave them at home. You're not competing with anyone, do what you think will bring the most benefit.

I was in Sweden last July and was really craving to wear. So the next day I went down to the local grocery store to buy some diapers, As I looked around I found some drynites. I grabbed a boys pack (I wanted a girls one but whatever) walked to the cashier and saw that my cousin was working so I said nope turned around and put themback :(. Once I got back to the states I bought some pampers as soon as possible and it was really damn nice.

I just got a notice from ABU that they have received in some new stock so you might want to check there and see if they've got in what you're looking for.

Well I made it two and a half weeks. I had done some research before I left. I pretty much knew what was available and where. My wife confirmed this, she also encouraged me to take some with us. I decided not to, regretting that decision now.
So back to Bangkok this afternoon, I had a few appointments, but on the way back to the hotel we stopped at a Big C. They carry an assortment of products. One of which is the certainty tape up pe backed diaper. Not the worst diaper I have ever used but not great. Pretty thin but amazingly tall leak guards. Soft plastic, a blue plaid taping zone. Comfy but I may pick up some baby diapers for stuffers. It kinda feels like a tranquility light or whatever they are called. Not as squishy so likely less sap. They seem to wick very quickly. All in, they are filling the void. It really makes me realize how good we have it regarding top quality diapers that can just show up on our doorstep.
BTW I scouted a trash can out front for disposal. And strangely there is a water proof mattress cover on the bed.
And I have to say that it is so wonderful to have a supportive wife. She is the best and I should have taken her advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back