Escaping the norm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuddleWoozle

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I don't know about many others, but I regress mentally to escape the societal 'norm' that I should be sexually attracted to people. Or that I should like people looking at my bottom/boobs/whatever and thinking they're attractive and/or saying stuff about my...ur...assets?

Being asexual it actually -creeps me right out-. So it's like "Fine. I'll just be four and a half and then you can't look at me that way. Unless you really are a weirdy!" It's to the point that I would ENJOY not having any obvious gender clues just so people would stop creeping me out all the time.

And I should say, they don't usually -intend- to be creepy, I just always find it so.

Anybody else do something similar to this?

As for me I just do not pick up on people's sexual Q if that makes sense. you know when someone is being attracted to you but don't come out Just said it.

Being a little is not all about the sexual side for me though it's about relaxing into the person I am on the inside. this is me. this is who I am.

I think that's why I like the song this is me from the showman.

https://youtu.be/CjxugyZCfuw

That's very interesting CuddleWoozle,

I would say I regress and go into baby mode to escape societal norms too.

I differ from you in that I don't primarily regress to escape the sexual societal norm. I am not a sexually charged creature myself, being demisexual, I only develop those feeling towards someone I have a serious emotional rapport with to date that has been all of 2 girlfriends. Being an AB has never been sexual for me, it's more of a lifestyle choice, a form of therapy and a part of who I am.

My baby side and regression helps me to escape the boredom, fear and anxiety I associate with everyday adulthood and society. Every time I read the news, I see how the world is going down the tubes in a new way. As much as I enjoy my work and school, it stresses me out more often than not. Sometimes when I'm sitting at home alone and in adult mode, I find myself bored out of my skull and longing for some sort of positive experience. It's at these moments where being an AB helps me escape the norm, it brings me back to simpler time, I feel refreshed, pure, innocent and warm all over, I forget about the bad, I focus on the good and I feel enriched and happy from the entire experience.

I would say everyone embraces being an AB a little differently and thus, everyone uses AB to escape the norm in a different way. I use it to escape from stressful and the negative attributes of the adult world and I am a much happier, complete person for it. After I regress and go into baby mode even if it's only for a little bit, it gives me the confidence to know that I can tackle the adult world and all of it's ups and downs with a smile on my face :)

Last edited:
I'm asexual, and I pretty much lack the drive. So I don't 'get' what's supposed to be so great about sexy stuffs. So that's why I run away.

And I've made it well known that I don't watch 'regular' TV, because I have a very bad tendency to get depressed about things going on, even in movies. Usually this is followed by "Well, what DO you watch?" "Cartoons." "Oh."

CuddleWoozle said:
And I've made it well known that I don't watch 'regular' TV, because I have a very bad tendency to get depressed about things going on, even in movies. Usually this is followed by "Well, what DO you watch?" "Cartoons." "Oh."

I'm in the same boat, I tend to avoid the news altogether nowadays and I'll watch cartoons and Disney movies myself :)

Cartoons and Little movies help me regress and they remind me of the good things, they don't bum me out or get me depressed and anxious like what's on the news. I do watch some big boy television though.

I do try to watch stuff like The Young Turns to keep informed on this roller coaster ride called the Trump presidency but after a while, I do have to step back when the news gets to be too much.

I do like a lot of different animation and other stuff. Since I liked watching a lot of science fiction movies and shows when I was a kid, I still like watching those even when they get scary or intense. The new Lost in Space series on Netflix is pretty good and many kids dream of having their own alien robot. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back