What does being a ABDL do to your personality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I feel like I’m a introvert with this big secret I can’t be open about. Because I’m only aroused by incontinence related things I can’t form relationships with people because I’m not sexually attracted to them. I’m only attracted to becoming incontinent. I feel repulsed by sex. I feel like without a closeness to somebody physically I’m never going to have children or have somebody to grow old with. Sometimes I fell like a freak.

I think I'm still just me but I'm more likely to wear cute things and be a bit silly more than I used to!

I'm sure it has caused any number of small changes that I can't easily trace. The more obvious ones have been an appreciation for time spent alone. I think being an introvert is sort of on its own development track but they work well together. Over time, I think my search for what being an ABDL means has led me to be more empathetic, understanding, and open. It also enabled me to find a workable path to intimacy where none existed before. It has some wrinkles but I feel that embracing it has made me better.

My ABDL tendencies also made me extremely introverted for most of my life and for me they also inhibited my ability to form long term relationships. Until I was in my mid-30's I never was able to keep a girlfriend although I tried many times. The breakpoint was always due to intimacy. I couldn't ever bring myself to tell my girlfriends about my ABDL side and without doing it I never could consummate the relationships. Finally in my mid-30s I got past that and married my wife - this was 20 years ago and we're still together. We had two children 11 years ago but I have to admit our relationship was never very sexual and has gotten even less so with time. This made me lean more on my ABDL side to fill the gap as time went by. I kept this part of me hidden from her until last year when I finally told her about it. She knows and accepts it because it makes me happy. We're very close but have what is I guess would have to be considered an unusual marriage.

Honestly, I think any broad stroke changes to ones personality as a result of ABDL would be minimal at best. I've been one for a long time and while it use to be something I was perplexed and mortified by, these feelings went away as soon as I began exploring more in my teens. I'll also echo what Trevor has said here, I think being an introvert and being an ABDL are on their own development tracks, but they often seem to coincide and have some overlap.

Much like Trevor, I think being an AB has effected my personality in more positive ways. For instance, I think being an AB is part of the reason why I am still just a big kid at heart, I'd also say it's responsible for what my friends and colleagues call my "natural calming presence", my ability to soothe things and calm a situation allowing for others to work together peaceably, I've even had friends say that having me around is like having a dog or an actual baby around, that I just chill everyone out for some reason.

Outside of those small personality traits, I'd say ABDL has had little impact on my general personality. I am smart, fun-loving, loyal, independent, a bit of an extrovert as I aim to please and like being the center of attention at parties, but a bit of an introvert as well seeing as how I often enjoy my alone time. I've had these traits since I was a child and slightly before my AB thoughts and fantasies began to emerge at the ages of 5 and 6.

Overall, I don't think being an ABDL carves out our overall personalities, consequently I think it's foolish to say that being an ABDL has zero impact on he we are as people. I guess what I am trying to say is, I think ones personality is formed by a variety of influences including but not limited to their sexual orientation, gender identity, interests, lifestyle choices, moral values, ethics, upbringing and so on and so forth. Being an AB is a part of who I am, but it alone does not define me nor has it informed the entirety of my personality.

Last edited:
I think I've always been immature so being AB/DL fits into the grand scheme of things. Sometimes wearing diapers and regressing keeps me from accomplishing some things around the house but that hasn't been a problem in that I have a lot of time on my hands. There are more days in the week that I don't wear diapers, and I go about my usual routine. Life goes on with or without diapers.

I was an introvert before being an ABDL. Wetting the bed in my youth and being ABDL now has not helped me to be more open so in that sense being ABDL has kept me being an introvert.

Frankly, if I wasn't an ABDL, I think I would still be the same introvert I always was.

When I decided to tell my girlfriend, it was definitely a nerve wracking moment. But since then, we have grown more comfortable together, and she even told me how she loves to talk to me like a little kid. I have noticed I talk more softly to her, and she loves it. If I try to talk more assertive, it's like I'm almost yelling [emoji28]

I'm also more introverted, I really don't talk to many people when I'm on campus, and when I get to my apartment, I kinda just stay in my room. In public I don't mind wearing, but I usually am alone or with my girlfriend. She's the one I talk to and spend time with the most.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LiteBrite said:
My ABDL tendencies also made me extremely introverted for most of my life and for me they also inhibited my ability to form long term relationships.

I'm kinda the same but it certainly wasn't diapers that made me that way! I've always been an introvert. I guess it's handy that I don't have to work around those pesky people and can just enjoy my diapers all the time with no stressing out!

For me that's kind of like asking what came first, the chicken or the egg. I have been both abdl and an introvert my entire life. I tend to keep to myself in other aspects as well, such as I don't like gaming online but am a big gamer none the less. However, I am married and also quite open with my wife, and will openly wear my diapers around her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back