Do exclusive games matter to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
To me it's like, why limit yourself to less with Xbox (if you don't have money for more than one system).

I can understand picking Sony or Nintendo, or even PC as a single system choice, but Xbox?

To me Xbox is sort of stuck as the choice that is neither "here, nor there", you miss out on a lot of the best realistic and graphically stunning video games, and the huge variety that Sony gets.

And you also miss out on the more casual games of Nintendo (which is also trying to regain some of the less casual market).

PC gives you probably the biggest selection of all and can give you the best running system of all.

So I'm kind of wondering with Xbox failing in this regard, how do they even stay alive?

Just off of people that love Halo and Forza? Maybe because people have to get an Xbox because that's what their friends have so they can all play online with each other?

I mean right now the only thing Xbox seems to have going for them is having the best running home console (not counting PC), put PC in the mix and Xbox really has no appeal from a practical standpoint.

I get your highly opinionated; keep in mind, not everyone agrees with your opinions, even the ones you provided as "evidence" the XBox family is inferior.
So, let's look at the Playstation family:
Dualshock layout purely sucks for FPS games, even the Dreamcast had a better controller here
OS is a bit clunky to navigate with a number of options hidden under less than obvious categories
Online play isn't nearly as stable
Playstation Store is also harder to navigate, plus it lacks much of the Indy content
How does the Playstation even stay afloat, off Final Fantasy players?

More seriously, there's pros and cons for all the platforms you listed; like I said during your LAST attempt to push your fanboyism on the forum, any evaluation like this needs to be performed with a clear set of priorities and perspective laid out ahead of time. And I still maintain, despite your ignorance, that Bushnell is hands down the influential figure in video gaming.

I've played a lot of shooters between PS3 and PS4 and found the controller works for those games.

Furthermore I think the PS4 controller is better than the PS3 controller.

I get that for some people the Xbox controller is just going to be a better fit; but the PlayStation controller isn't unusable.

OS Clunky/PS store hard to use? I don't get how the OS is "clunky", if it were really so terrible Sony wouldn't be selling probably 3x the systems that Xbox is selling.

PS store is Not really hard to use; it's just different, you just got to use it a few times to get used to a different "Layout".

I've had multiple Xbox 360s over the course of the last 5+ years and it's very easy to go from one system to the other, just because they have different layouts doesn't make either layout unusable; people can learn.

Online play not being stable can happen at any time, even to the "mighty" Xbox servers.

And Indy Games tend to suck.

And saying all PlayStation has is FF is a pretty shallow, false statement.

Every year Playstation has probably 3x the exclusives as Xbox, even if you get rid of remasters you still get so much more variety of amazing games on PlayStation.

Every year PlayStation gets probably 4 or 5 amazing exclusives with a 9/10 or better score across many reviews and review websites.

And anything that starts as an Xbox Exclusive usually goes on to PlayStation by the time the 2nd game in the series gets released.

Yes I may be a huge PS fan, but I also acknowledge that every modern video game platform has something great, except Xbox which tanks in every regard that actually matter.

Everything you listed can be attributed to opinion, not fact.

BabyTyrant said:
Everything you listed can be attributed to opinion, not fact.
Likewise

BabyTyrant said:
I've played a lot of shooters between PS3 and PS4 and found the controller works for those games.

Furthermore I think the PS4 controller is better than the PS3 controller.

I get that for some people the Xbox controller is just going to be a better fit; but the PlayStation controller isn't unusable.
I didn't say the Dualshock can't be used for FPS, I said it wasn't very good for first-person shooters; so, opinion not fact

BabyTyrant said:
OS Clunky/PS store hard to use? I don't get how the OS is "clunky", if it were really so terrible Sony wouldn't be selling probably 3x the systems that Xbox is selling.

PS store is Not really hard to use; it's just different, you just got to use it a few times to get used to a different "Layout".

I've had multiple Xbox 360s over the course of the last 5+ years and it's very easy to go from one system to the other, just because they have different layouts doesn't make either layout unusable; people can learn.
I disagree, I find it much easier to locate my desired content on XBL than PSN, and it's easier to verify that what I've located will work on the proper system (that is, I don't get XBONE-only content from my 360)
Once again, opinion; also, never stated people can't switch between the two, just that I prefer the XBL layout/system more

BabyTyrant said:
Online play not being stable can happen at any time, even to the "mighty" Xbox servers.
Yes, but since XBL has dedicated servers, it happens much less often
PSN is still mostly P2P, with a few publishers running dedicated servers

BabyTyrant said:
And Indy Games tend to suck.
Yeah, and so do most of the AAA Titles - publishers are so phobic of not making billions that they eliminate pretty much anything that might be the least bit innovative or controversial. The resulting iterated pablum pretty much sucks. At least with Indy titles, if you pay attention, you can find new, innovative, or compelling.

BabyTyrant said:
And saying all PlayStation has is FF is a pretty shallow, false statement.
Then why is saying the same about XBox and Halo/Forza not?

BabyTyrant said:
Every year Playstation has probably 3x the exclusives as Xbox, even if you get rid of remasters you still get so much more variety of amazing games on PlayStation.

Every year PlayStation gets probably 4 or 5 amazing exclusives with a 9/10 or better score across many reviews and review websites.

And anything that starts as an Xbox Exclusive usually goes on to PlayStation by the time the 2nd game in the series gets released.
Maybe, maybe not: how about backing your claims with data? I did a short survey of titles releasing in the next 6 months and saw nothing like the vast disparity you're claiming. As for a differential in quality: that's even harder to quantify, since what for me is an "amazing experience" might bore you to tears and conversely what your think is the best thing in months I find utterly repetitively unoriginal.

BabyTyrant said:
Yes I may be a huge PS fan, but I also acknowledge that every modern video game platform has something great, except Xbox which tanks in every regard that actually matter.
Again, prove it with data. Provide quantitative evidence to support your claims.

I appreciate, and like, that you have some passion for gaming. I think you need a much broader knowledge base concerning video gaming (and probably gaming as a whole). I also think, in general, you need more self-awareness and to actually study rhetoric and debate.

The PlayStation controller is not bad for FPS at all, the only legitimate problem I can say Playstation controllers ever had is if you find them too small.

In that regard the PS4 controller is bigger and feels better proportioned and easy to use than the PS3 controller, which I've had had problems with and I have Huge Hands.

I admit Sony could have maybe placed 1 thing in the PS store, and that is how some content you buy is under a sub-menu of the game that content is for.

Other than that it's not hard of awkward to use; it's sort of like the whole Apple vs Android debate for phones; yes one might feel either is harder to use with an awkward layout; but once you learn it it's pretty easy.

Only difference is both Sony and Xbox layouts are probably easier to use than the layout on Apple phones.

Your whole server reliability thing can be quantified into fact any more than anything else you said; good games get good servers - regardless of system because otherwise sales of said online games would just tank.

In regards to exclusives, Xbox ducking is fact

Over the History of Xbox they have had numerous good exclusives that seem to always go to PlayStation shortly by the next game release; leaving the only games still alive that remain as Xbox Exclusives as being Halo and Forza; they used to have Gears Of War

But AFAIK that franchise is either finished or in between games and is the only game series that has stayed exclusive on Xbox that I actually enjoy since Xbox 360 days.

As far as game variety and having better exclusives (not including PC), PlayStation wins in these regards.

Unless you like Halo or Forza there is no exclusive game that is a reason to buy Xbox, every now and then a new exclusive or two shows up for Xbox

But thus far those game seem to suck in regards to reviews across the board, so why limit yourself to Halo and Forza when you can have basically everything else Xbox has and amazing PlayStation exclusives.

Not every exclusive game below is a 9/10 or better, but they are all quality exclusives, giving plenty reason to buy a Playstation/PS4 over buying Xbox

PlayStation has

God Of War
Uncharted
Bloodborne
Nioh
Horizon Zero Dawn
The Last Of Us
Nier Automata
Shadow Of The Collossus

Several FF Games
Infamous
Kingdom Hearts
Ratchet and Clank
Until Dawn

It is fact that choosing Xbox instead of PlayStation limits your game selection and that's why Xbox has been tanking far behind in sales for probably a good 5-6 years now.

Playstation games suck, the controller sucks, and their exclusives are garbage. The only reason why Xbox exclusives eventually make it to PlayStation is because they are so good Sony is willing to pay the big bucks to Microsoft and developers to bring it to their platform as well. Why would anyone pay all that money for a system that isn't as good, not as compatible, nor has any good games? Only the games that I enjoy really matter and my liking my console is what makes it "better", fact.

^Do you see how aggressively opinionated this sounds? That's what you sound like, BabyTyrant.

To be honest, I don't care for PS and never have. I've never liked their controller and I've never enjoyed almost ALL of the PS exclusive titles. The only two titles that I've ever cared for on PS were the GTA and Gran Turismo series way back when. With the MASSIVE decline in realism/quality of Gran Turismo and the availability of GTA on Xbox there has never been a reason for me to look at Sony. I've found their products to be overhyped, overpriced, a bit "elitist", and not for me. Xbox isn't for you, we get that. Your opinion (and it is opinion) has been loudly and repeatedly stated almost incessantly for days now. Crawl back in your Sony hole and stop badgering/baiting others with your overly aggressive, fake fact, fanboy rants.

(P.S. You don't need to add a line break after every sentence either.)

Last edited:
The point was and still is, why limit yourself to Xbox if you are only gonna get one system?

At least with PlayStation, you will get all those multi-platform games as well as amazing exclusives.

PC is also a better choice as you get most games that are "exclusive" to Sony or Xbox, as well as PC games (and you can get a computer way better than Sony/Xbox/Nintendo systems)

Even Nintendo games have more merit than Halo or Forza, or the weak exclusives that come along every now and then.

And how can people say they don't like ANYTHING Sony has that Xbox doesn't? The gaming industry is still evolving and the style of games and variety is growing.

I see the topic cant be discussed seriously thought because its became "Xbox is better because my opinion"; Xbox fanboys are limiting themselves to a lot less games because "I like the controller", or "the store layout is better".

Sony has a lot more going for them once you get past opinion, and I bet Xbox fanboys would enjoy the Amazing Sony exclusives if they gave them a try.

But that means buying a PlayStation and I think many Xbox fans are so dense they would never do that.

At least quality of games is something that can be quantified as fact when you look at the vast majority of reviews for a game.

BabyTyrant said:
The point was and still is, why limit yourself to Xbox if you are only gonna get one system?

Because I don't like PlayStation. Nintendo is too childish and narrow of a focus. PC is too expensive.

BabyTyrant said:
At least with PlayStation, you will get all those multi-platform games as well as amazing exclusives.

They aren't amazing to me. There isn't a single exclusive game on PlayStation that I'd like to play.

BabyTyrant said:
PC is also a better choice as you get most games that are "exclusive" to Sony or Xbox, as well as PC games (and you can get a computer way better than Sony/Xbox/Nintendo systems)

PC's are expensive, must constantly be upgraded, and not nearly as accessible as a multiplayer platform with friends (real life human beings that you interact with and then might play a game with online).

BabyTyrant said:
Even Nintendo games have more merit than Halo or Forza, or the weak exclusives that come along every now and then.

Still your opinion and one not widely shared.

BabyTyrant said:
And how can people say they don't like ANYTHING Sony has that Xbox doesn't? The gaming industry is still evolving and the style of games and variety is growing.

I don't like ANYTHING Sony has to offer. Said it once, said it twice...maybe you'll hear it this time.

BabyTyrant said:
I see the topic cant be discussed seriously thought because its became "Xbox is better because my opinion"; Xbox fanboys are limiting themselves to a lot less games because "I like the controller", or "the store layout is better".

You are the only one that can't discuss this topic, and you fail to realize that that is precisely what people have been pointing out to you. You have your opinion and know what you like, that's fantastic. That isn't fact, and what you spout isn't fact but simple basic fanboy crap that is growing exceptionally wearisome to read.

BabyTyrant said:
Sony has a lot more going for them once you get past opinion, and I bet Xbox fanboys would enjoy the Amazing Sony exclusives if they gave them a try.

I DON'T LIKE ANYTHING SONY HAS TO OFFER

BabyTyrant said:
But that means buying a PlayStation and I think many Xbox fans are so dense they would never do that.

You are the definition of dense. You posses no ability to discern the difference between opinion and fact. You posses no ability to hold a conversation, no listen to anyone else but yourself. You're a pot calling the kettle black.

BabyTyrant said:
At least quality of games is something that can be quantified as fact when you look at the vast majority of reviews for a game.

Again, all opinion and not fact. Ten million people can drink milk and tell me it's delicious, but that doesn't change the fact that it isn't to me and that I don't want to drink it. You are so deluded and dense that you can't recognize this simple thing. You think that what you play is the best thing since the creation of the automatic bread slicer. It isn't, it's simply another flavor of ice cream. Not everyone likes everything, you obviously do not. But just because you don't like something does not make it worse or inferior. And please, for the love of all flying spaghetti monsters, stop inserting line breaks after each sentence.

The only thing I'm getting is that Xbox fanboys base everything on opinion, sure you might like the controller more and find the online store to have a better format; but it doesn't make the system any better.

The better system is the one that has the most good games (Sony or even PC, or runs the best (PC Followed by Xbox 1 X, followed shortly behind by PS4 p
Pro).

And it's pretty dense and narrow minded for people to think they didn't like Sony games and the past and won't ever, it's like how they say "you won't know if you like it until you try it".

Not all Sony exclusives are the same, with a good variety.

And again, you don't have to miss out on anything good that Xbox has with a PlayStation.

And back to PCs, you can actually get a PC that runs most games good for very cheap these days.

Gone are the days when you needed to pay $2000+ for a good PC for gaming.

In reverse order:
If you want your gaming PC to last more than a year or so, then, yeah, you're still gonna need to shell out; the rate at which components become obsolete hasn't slowed down much in the last 20 years. Moore's Law still holds generally true for PC parts.
So, when are Cuphead, Sunset Overdrive, and Ori and the Blind Forest hitting PS4?
Not all the games on ANY platform are the same
After 20+ years of experience, I'm pretty sure I can tell when I might like a game and when I won't: as a side note, I got my PSX in early '96 so . . . .
Better being a subjective judgement, game library is not the sole determinant: the Jaguar and 3DO were clearly superior systems for their time. Based on your comments here and elsewhere I'd be shocked if you've heard of them.
Pot, kettle on line one, something about hues . . . .
And since I suspect that last went over your head: ALL of your "evidence" is opinion. From my vantage point, it's the opinion of someone who's woefully uneducated with regards to the topic and generally lacking in experience. And bear in mind, either you've lied about your age OR I've been playing video games longer than you've been alive.

The way the gaming industry is evolving and changing you cant know for sure that you are never gonna like any PlayStation exclusives, same as I have tried and like what used to be xbox 360 exclusives, but they moved on to PlayStation by the next game in the series.

This seems to happen a lot from Xbox to PlayStation, but is only happening with 2 games from PlayStation to xbox (Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, from PSX days).

Will the games you listed stayed Xbox exclusives? Maybe, but theres a good chance if PS fans want it, it will come to PS.

And game libraries matter hugely these days, want God Of War (amongst another 2-3 really good games every year) - you gotta get PlayStation.

Like Mario/Zelda/Metroid, must get Nintendo.

Want Halo and Forza, gotta get Xbox.

Really though, controller and system store layout are the lamest reasons to get an Xbox and for many people they want the biggest list of games they want to play, and PlayStation has the bigger, better quality list.

Not every PlayStation exclusive is a masterpiece, but there usually 2 or 3 that are among the top games as PlayStation exclusives every year.

You cant say the same for Xbox.

Right now if I would get an Xbox 1/S I would probably only play 2/3 games, Gears Of War 4, and Ori (looks a lot more like a PlayStation game than an Xbox game).

I think if they want to gain a lead in the console wars, Xbox needs more quality Exclusives; that has been their major downfall since making systems back with the original Xbox and they were somewhat competitive on the 360, but when the 1 rolled around they basically had no exclusives again, save for Halo, Forza, and Gears Of War 4.

BabyTyrant said:
This seems to happen a lot from Xbox to PlayStation, but is only happening with 2 games from PlayStation to xbox (Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, from PSX days). Will the games you listed stayed Xbox exclusives? Maybe, but theres a good chance if PS fans want it, it will come to PS.

So what you're saying is that Xbox games are so good that Sony and its fans will pay to have an Microsoft exclusive also made for their console. However, Sony games aren't as good so no one else wants to buy them. I agree.

BabyTyrant said:
And game libraries matter hugely these days, want God Of War (amongst another 2-3 really good games every year) - you gotta get PlayStation.

We can clearly see how popular your exclusive God Of War is on your other thread here, so many people raving about how great it is and how happy they are to have access to it. Or maybe the lack of conversation there is a reflection of your own popularity?

BabyTyrant said:
Right now if I would get an Xbox 1/S I would probably only play 2/3 games, Gears Of War 4, and Ori (looks a lot more like a PlayStation game than an Xbox game).

That's because you play what you want, as does everyone else. However, your personal preference does not dictate which platform is "better" than another. No one is knocking your preferences in platform, games, or genre. Yet you seem to be hell bent on stating emphatically that something is better than something else based on nothing but your own personal preferences. Its the dumbest pile of drivel I've read in a long time, and your failure to recognize this regardless of how many times its been brought to your attention is tiresome. There is no discussion to be had here, no comparison or critiquing of platforms. You have your OPINION and simply want to spout it non-stop as some higher truth that is infallible. It isn't.

And

Stop

Adding

Line

Breaks

After

Each

Of

Your

Sentences.

Once again, it shows Xbox fanboys have the stupidest, most illegitimate reasons why they love Xbox, have fun being limited to a lot fewer quality games because you prefer Xbox controller and the store layout;
I will have fun with an equally good controller, store, and a bigger selection of quality games.

In many regards except for game library both systems are equal or close to equal, so the only logical deciding factor is game selection.

I'm not even gonna try debating anything anymore, it is clear you would rather stubbornly stay a hardcore diehard Xbox fans for the stupidest reasons out there.

BabyTyrant said:
Once again, it shows Xbox fanboys have the stupidest, most illegitimate reasons why they love Xbox, have fun being limited to a lot fewer quality games because you prefer Xbox controller and the store layout;
I will have fun with an equally good controller, store, and a bigger selection of quality games.

In many regards except for game library both systems are equal or close to equal, so the only logical deciding factor is game selection.

I'm not even gonna try debating anything anymore, it is clear you would rather stubbornly stay a hardcore diehard Xbox fans for the stupidest reasons out there.

Really BabyTyrant, you are welcome to your opinion, but when you keep telling everyone else their opinion is invalid and stating yours is fact, you acting like a certain executive figure that likes to throw tantrums about fake news. The title of this thread was about exclusive games, not 'A is the only way, any other opinion is wrong, immoral, and you suck!'

Let people enjoy what they like and quit riding their asses. There are perks and cons of any platform, any platform exclusive, and in the end, it is going to make people buy that system. Does it factor into my decision, damn straight it did. I've been pretty fateful to the playstation, mainly because the tales series, star ocean, Final Fantasy, and NIS games (which usually aren't cross platform). But that's not to say I haven't, and still don't enjoy xbox. I enjoy me some Halo and sticking plasma grenades on n00bs ^_^

Yup, I agree with Llayden and Asie. I would put effort into this thread and state what I believe since I play on Xbox, PC, and PS... Not to mention all of my retro systems and games in my collection. However, I get an odd feeling that I would be wasting my breath, because everyone is an idiot who isn't BabyTyrant... I guess he lives up to the name at least. Could have been a nice thread, like a similar one, but one ruins it for all I'm afraid.

I only play on PC so obviously I miss out on a lot of exclusive games, but I just try not to worry about it as there is not much I can do to control it. I could get a ps4, except there is already talks of the Playstation 5 possibly being released in 2020 and if that's true, it just feels like a waste of money. I think the only console I would consider is a nintendo switch to satisfy my little cravings ^^

Well, I'm sorry; but you can get over and adapt to a different controller and store layout, you cant do anything when it comes to game libraries though.

If you wanted to play anything on PS4 and only had an Xbox, you would have to buy a PS4, and really to think there will never be any exclusives you like on one system is stubborn and narrow minded; you would have to take it on a game by game basis as games vary from each other by a lot.

BabyTyrant said:
Well, I'm sorry; but you can get over and adapt to a different controller and store layout, you cant do anything when it comes to game libraries though.
Challenge: find one person who has said they can't move between system families in this thread
BabyTyrant said:
If you wanted to play anything on PS4 and only had an Xbox, you would have to buy a PS4. . .
The reverse also holds true, so this is irrelevant
BabyTyrant said:
. . . to think there will never be any exclusives you like on one system is stubborn and narrow minded; you would have to take it on a game by game basis as games vary from each other by a lot.
More or less the point many of us have been making. I like the part where you assume that we're incapable of or haven't evaluated the existing libraries when making our purchasing decisions.

On a more serious note, your behavior here and in other threads has lead me to concluding one a few things about you must be true:
1)You're lying about your age and are hindered in self-awareness by developmental and physiological barriers
2) You're self-awareness and ability to parse language is impacted by chronic impairments, likely of a neurological and/or psychological nature
3) You're an unrepentant troll

I never said Xbox would never get any good exclusives; just that so far the One/S/X are lacking in good exclusives in their game library; most of their exclusives seem weak or subpar at best and I feel like this is why Sony sells so many more PS4s than Xbox does of the One/S.

Matter of fact I've had an Xbox 360 multiple times, and they used to do good as far as exclusive library, but this generation they are far behind PS4.

Maybe some day they will start getting more higher quality exclusives, but so far they only have 3 or 4, and I would rather take my 2 or 3 great games every year.

Maybe eventually I will get a One/S/X (I already have a good 4k TV), but it will take more than a few good games to make me buy it unless I manage to get a current gen Xbox for very cheap.

BabyTyrant said:
I never said Xbox would never get any good exclusives; just that so far the One/S/X are lacking in good exclusives in their game library; most of their exclusives seem weak or subpar at best and I feel like this is why Sony sells so many more PS4s than Xbox does of the One/S.

Matter of fact I've had an Xbox 360 multiple times, and they used to do good as far as exclusive library, but this generation they are far behind PS4.

Maybe some day they will start getting more higher quality exclusives, but so far they only have 3 or 4, and I would rather take my 2 or 3 great games every year.

Maybe eventually I will get a One/S/X (I already have a good 4k TV), but it will take more than a few good games to make me buy it unless I manage to get a current gen Xbox for very cheap.

You keep saying the xbox titles are weak and therefore the system sucks. Except you are forgetting to realize it seems that way -TO YOU. Just becuase you don't like certain games doesn't mean nobody else will either. To others, it's the PS that sucks.

Now if you were making the argument that the xbox is a much slower system, with limited resolution, and controllers that are simply not ergonomic, then that would be a different story. Except both current systems clearly are equal in function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back