I told a friend - unexpectedly - and I am happy about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makubird

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I know there are many threads about telling others, but I would like to share my personal experiences and hope that it can be reassuring or comforting to others.

I met a woman last year during a holiday and we have occasionally been in contact since then. In the past months I went through a difficult time and it turned out that she was having the same kind of problems. Since then we have had daily conversations over whatsapp, sharing lots of things. About our common problems and illness, but also about increasingly personal things. In the short time that I know her I have become to consider her a very close friend.

Last night I was having a long whatsapp conversation and suddenly the moment felt right and I couldn't resist telling her about my ABDL/little side. I had no intention whatsoever beforehand but that moment, everything seemed OK to tell her. I have to add that there is only one other person that I have ever told before.

So I started telling her that I am not an ordinary person regarding identity and that I might have some peculiar interests. She encouraged me to tell her so I continued. I told her about being ABDL and little. That it is a very important thing in my life and that I wanted to tell her so she would know me better. I also stressed that I was feeling very vulnerable and ashamed to tell, and that I was hoping that our conversation could remain private.

She reacted very well. She was mostly ABDL unaware but she was curious and interested asking for more information. Then unfortunately she had to leave.

During her absence I wrote a long app. About the lifelong struggle, about the benefits like the comforting and relaxing aspects of wearing and being little, about the community and ADISC, my recent progress in accepting myself and wanting to be more open about it to someone else. I also joked a little bit, telling about the occasional cognitive dissonance and I sent her a giff of Maggie Simpson tossing a pacifier :smile1:

Later we had a long conversation into the middle of the night. Talking about it. She is very accepting, finds it an honour that I chose her to tell my greatest secret.

In am now very much reassured that telling her deepened our contact without risking a very close friendship. I still have my worries though. Can I completely trust her? What if someone reads her whatsapp? Can she keep it a secret? But I have to let go of that.

It is hard to tell beforehand how someone will react but I think my experience shows that it is not only for very longstanding friendships. Despite that I didn't plan to tell her, I am happy that I did. And very excited that she took it so well. It feels liberating and emotional. I think I could not have expected a better result.

That sound wonderful - congratulations on being able to talk to your friend about your ABDL side.

Makubird that is so wonderful to hear! It sounds like you intuitively picked a person you knew somehow in your gut you could trust and they had a positive reaction. I’m so happy for you and it must be a relief to share this part of yourself with someone you feel close to!

Take care,

Tab

Yeah, that's great! It's always relieving when you can share this part of yourself with someone else close to you. It's also great to hear you were able to explain things well enough that she didn't jump to any misconclusions, and was open minded enough to listen in the first place.

I love first hand accounts like these, they are a shining beacon to the community that people out there are often more accepting than you might think. I'm really glad that your lady friend was accepting and curious, you now have someone who knows and still thinks of you the same. Do you think she could become a love interest or will she just remain a friend? Either way, it's always great to have someone in your corner as an AB.

You'll find that the more you tell others the easier it becomes to initiate these conversations later on and the more you'll notice that if someone is truly open-minded and likes you for you then they'll be fine with you being an ABDL. I have told numerous friends and lovers and they have all responded positively, some were more accepting than others sure, but I now have a tight knit circle of friends who accept my big baby side. It was also the confidence from previous experiences that enabled me to find my current Mommy and to come out to my University friends who I speculated may have been ABDL (they were), so talking to others not only helped me gain confidence and self-acceptance but it brought new experiences into my AB world as well.

I hope you can have many more pleasant conversations with your new friend and I wish you luck should you decide to reveal to others your AB side :)

Thank you LiteBrite, Tab, Slomo and Poofybutt. I was very lucky that everything turned out so well. Today we continued talking about it and she is genuinely interested. However, she also said that she now imagines me sitting on the couch with a pacifier (she was right about that :smile1:). Hope she can still imagine me like she did before.
But I am still very happy. I am not interested in a romantic relationship but who knows what the future will bring. In any case, this experience is very encouraging.

It is a relief t be able to talk with someone else.

Sometimes you just have to find the right person to tell. I told my best friend from college shortly after I joined ADISC. We talked on the phone a month ago and he asked me if I was still active on ADISC and I said yes. I wondered later if he was really asking if I was still active as an AB/DL person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back