BetterDry VS Drylife

Status
Not open for further replies.

ztrga

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Which one do you prefer, and why? How do they compare to other diapers, for example MyDiaper Nacht or ID Expert Slip Super?

The 'Drylife Slip' is almost identical to the 'ID Expert Slip Super PE Backed'. I'm fairly sure they both come off the same line.

They are both very good - comfortable, thin, hold loads, don't clump. (The really cheap drylife plastic pants are awesome by the way if you order from there).

BetterDry are significantly thicker and bulkier. They are also very good, hold loads and don't clump.

MyDiaper I have given up on - I've had some excellent really thick comfortable ones that held lots and didn't clump, and some really thin ones that held nothing and were awful.

blob said:
The 'Drylife Slip' is almost identical to the 'ID Expert Slip Super PE Backed'. I'm fairly sure they both come off the same line.

They are both very good - comfortable, thin, hold loads, don't clump. (The really cheap drylife plastic pants are awesome by the way if you order from there).

BetterDry are significantly thicker and bulkier. They are also very good, hold loads and don't clump.

MyDiaper I have given up on - I've had some excellent really thick comfortable ones that held lots and didn't clump, and some really thin ones that held nothing and were awful.
Thanks for the information! This really cleared up some things for me. It's a bit strange that the Drylife Slip is so much more expensive than the ID Expert Slip Super, if they essentially are the same diaper. (At least on Save Express the price difference per diaper is huge.) Maybe the bigger case size of ID Expert Slip explains a bit of the difference.

I've never had any problems with MyDiaper Nacht. Maybe I've simply been lucky, or perhaps the quality has declined since the last time I tried them. I know that MyDiaper used to have a product called the "Comfort Diaper" which was very thin, but the "Nacht" diaper is much thicker.

I tried my first Drylife ever on Monday and my first Betterdry ever yesterday. So far I do not like Betterdry at all, the fit is the worst ever, just so small even in the biggest size. Felt very stiff and not wide/deep enough in the crotch.

Drylife however I was very please with, I can't wait to wear one again, they hold, wick etc excellently, and really does feel like a comfy Nappy, nice and squishy and comfy on the sides and all :)

Shame about Betterdry I had high hopes.

MartinPeters said:
I tried my first Drylife ever on Monday and my first Betterdry ever yesterday. So far I do not like Betterdry at all, the fit is the worst ever, just so small even in the biggest size. Felt very stiff and not wide/deep enough in the crotch.

Drylife however I was very please with, I can't wait to wear one again, they hold, wick etc excellently, and really does feel like a comfy Nappy, nice and squishy and comfy on the sides and all :)

My experience with Betterdry diapers are the exact opposite of yours. Maybe you got a bad batch or possibly old stock?

I actually can't say enough good things about Betterdry and I've tried many, many diapers over the years. The plastic shell is one of the smoothest and softest I've ever felt. They have a very high capacity and don't clump whatsoever. They also fit me well, with no discomfort and full coverage. As far as a direct comparison to Drylife goes...I don't know, I haven't tried drylife diapers. Until they find a distributor here in the US, it's unlikely that I will.

I'm an extremely big built man buddy I think that is the problem, I just have massive, muscly legs and the diapies are not big enough, I will still wear any nap nap and try to make it tho :)

MartinPeters said:

Are you sure you didn't get the two mixed up? Betterdry/crinklz have some of the softest shells and softest/most flexible padding of any diaper on the market. They also have the tallest standing leak guards of any diaper by a wide margin. Crotch padding is 7" wide. (about average for a premium diaper)

I really like both the Betterdry and the Drylife slip. I still preferred the original Comficare to the newer Betterdry.

At the end of the day we all have different body shapes and sizes, so we all experience different fits with the various brands. What works really well for some doesn't work at all for others.

MartinPeters said:

Small? Betterdry has nearly the exact same cut to it as confidry. And everyone agrees confidry runs larger than diapers of the same size rating.

If betterdry feels too small for you, then whatever size you've got is likely too small as well.

I wear Betterdry dry diapers 24/7 and they hwve proven to be the best diaper I have tried.

blob said:

First I didn't realize what you meant by thin, since I had always considered ID Expert Slip Super to be a relatively thick diaper. Today my order of ID Expert Slip arrived, and on the case it says "New Shape". Unfortunately the ID Expert Slip has become a lot thinner than before! I haven't tried them yet, but they don't look great. I doubt they have the same capacity as the original. They seem to be even thinner than Tena Slip Maxi Active Fit. I wonder when this change took place.

I have never tried Drylife slip and tried Betterdry for the first time last night. They are awesome! Soft, good fit and held a lot.

I just ordered some BetterDry (as well as three packs of Crinklz because I couldn't decide which pattern I liked. XD)

I'll let you know how they work out for me. :3

Both are top-tier products that hold their promises!
I personally find the Betterdry to be more comfy. What I really like on the DryLife is the nigh perfect liquid distribution - the diaper really uses it´s capacity better then all others by soaking up on the front and back very high before leaking.
I can really recommend both. The only diaper that I find still a bit better is the Dry 24/7. If it would have the distribution skills of the DryLife it would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back