Id slip maxi plastic backed discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbiman6280

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
These where my all time favorite 24/7 diaper out there and unfortunately xpmedical was the only place in the US that sold them at a reasonable price. Anyone know if they are really discontinued or did xpmedical just stop selling them. I wrote them and they said they will no longer sell them once stock is gone with no explanation as to why. They recommended Tranquility atn as a replacement 🤣😂. I just got some northshore supreme lites but they don’t quite feel the same even though they are almost identical looking.

I too used to rely on the iD slips from XP as one of my “go to” diapers. I went through many cases of iD slips. After XP got sold I was worried that the company Gary made great might not be the same, so I shopped around a bit just in case. I too tried northshore diapers. They are very close in all respects, however the northshore padding seems to be a bit stiffer. Not by much, but enough to notice.

It’s always sad to see a good diaper become unavailable; however, there are other choices. I haven’t bought iD slips in a while now because I have switched to Betterdry diapers, which are available from Northshore. They are a bit thicker than the iD diapers. The plastic is softer, the leak guards are redicously tall, and they do swell nicely when wet. The only downside is if their tapes get too “stressed” they tend to start to unstick. I’ve only had them pop off once, but they have gotten close quite a few times. The trick is, since the Betterdr’s have front and rear elastic waistbands, is to not tape them too tightly. The elastic will take up the slack of taping them a little looser, and will absorb some of the stress of moving around; this way the tapes will not get pulled to tightly.

All in all, I like the Betterdry diapers better than the iD’s and I’m glad I switched. With that being said, the iD’s are a great diaper and it’s disheartening to know that it’s one more option I won’t have...

EDIT: I just realized I didn’t really answer your question fully. I do not know if the iD’s are being discontinued, or are just not available anymore through XP. I really hope they aren’t being discontinued though; otherwise it’s another plastic backed diaper that’s gone.

I don't think there was ever a "Maxi" plastic backed in the iD slip, but the "Super" (most popular one) has gone out of production, replaced by (I think) a cloth/plastic hybrid which people have not been impressed with.

The European id slip super changed to a hybrid design in febuary, but only in the meduim size, as far as i know the nas maxi was the same as a euro id expert super pe.
The drylife slip super that is largely identical is also out of stock in the medium size, but i dont think its discontinued, or at least i really hope not.

Try getting in contact with ontex customer care and ask them whats happening.

As far as I know they still sell them at xpmedical. I ordered some to try and they are fully plastic backed. They are pretty good diapers.

The Drylife Slip has not been discontinued thank god, I spoke to Nappies R Us and they said they sold out, they are in production now but will have to wait a month or so until they get more stock in, they are also producing their own ABDL style nappy called Little Rascals which I posted pictures of them the other day.

Shame the ID slip has gone the way of so many before it, this despicable hybrid style rubbish with cloth sides and plastic combo which do not work.
The Kolibri Comslip did the same and that was a fantastic nappy then It died a death for me.
I'm hoping Ontex realize they're mistake and go back to full plastic.

one can always hope they do, it is note hopeless; Tena did...

nilson said:
one can always hope they do, it is note hopeless; Tena did...

Depend did as well, although belatedly and the product was never very good to begin with and on top that is now almost impossible to find in stores.

I emailed Ontex and they replied saying the Super PE Slip is not being discontinued in the UK, and is one of their most popular products.

Great news!

Great news! I also like id slip as an alternative to tena active fit maxis and ultimas, also saw on save's homepage there is no mention of it changing , they usualy advertise if a popular product changes or is discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back