Do you usually use boosters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I know great diapers, especially the ABDL ones already have great absorption capacity, but boosted feels more satisfying.

Thicker, more absorbent, more poofy.

I use both styles of goodnites as boosters (stuffed with a cut down the middle front; and the pullup style I also cut off everything besides the core) as I happened to get a lot of them on sale at local stores for .20 or .25 each and I still have dozens.

If I run out of those I might just forego using boosters in the future as it's not a necessity, just a preference.

I know some people even double diaper, but that would be both expensive and would get absurdly thick and last an insanely long time (if using good diapers to begin with, but cheap diapers might not be enough by themselves)

I use the Tranquility Super Topliner for nights and long trips. They certainly help and they add some bulk to the diaper.

I think the Goodnight may be bigger though.

I bought a case of Abu power ups to use in Abu diapers thinking I would become a super waddler, sadly stuffers and me do not get along and I end leaking prematurely for some reason

I ordered some diapers and subsequently, some pull ups from Northshore. They sent me free samples of boosters. Wow! They do poof out and absorb a lot!

I think I have one left. Hmmm. Tonight?

Boosters are indeed great. I've experimented with a lot of different types: Pampers 7s and other similar baby diapers, Tranquility, ABU Powerups, and Abri-Let Maxis. I prefer the last ones most of the time and would use them always if I could, but admittedly they *are* a bit of overkill when paired with a high-capacity diaper. (They can also make things uncomfortable if you tape everything on too tight; as booster and diaper swell they can smash some delicate bits down there...)

My latest experiment was with the Liv-Dry Hyper boosters from TYE Medical; they do a fantastic job, since they're basically boosters with leg gathers. I'm thinking of using them instead of Abri-Let Maxis in the future.

Generally I do not use boosters. I prefer using a proper-sized diaper.

However, I have gotten some baby diapers or adult diapers that just didn't fit or work right and I use these as boosters. It's a way to recoup at least some of the money I spent on the bad diapers.

pampers4U said:
I bought a case of Abu power ups to use in Abu diapers thinking I would become a super waddler, sadly stuffers and me do not get along and I end leaking prematurely for some reason

The reason you leak is because stuffers or boosters reduce the effective height of the diaper’s leak guards. When you wet, and especially if you flood, the urine will run off the sides of the booster and right over the top of what little leak guard, if any at all, is left. I use boosters when I wear Tena Active Fit Maxis. It actually reduces the effective capacity, but I like the way it bulks them up; as they are quite thin on their own.

Anytime I've used boosters with a high capacity nappy, I've often found that it can cause leakage earlier, odd, I guess its due to the transfer of liquids vs localized retention.

However boosters do feel great.

I do not use boosters, haven't in the past, are they good?

I use them in 2 scenarios: when I’m able to get cut-rate diapers for super super cheap (*.25/cents each or less), I combine them with a booster to make an adequate daytime diaper. The most recent find I came across were a bunch of packs of molicare super premium diapers for like $5/pack. With a booster, these are actually pretty awesome.
The second scenario in which I regularly use boosters is when I know I’ll be in a diaper for a long period of time during the day...say 8+ hours, or when I am wearing a diaper at night, likely to wet, and in a location in which it would be terrible to have a leak. The added absorbency adds confidence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve been wearing a diaper 24/7 because of urge incontinence for about 30 years now. I’ve been wearing disposable diapers for about 20 years. I switched to disposables when they became reliable enough to use instead of cloth diapers and plastic pants. Early disposables had a rather low capacity, and I used to use baby diapers as stuffers to enable me to make the diaper last longer. However, I now wear Confidry 24/ or BetterDry diapers whose capacity is so high that a stuffer isn’t needed.

With my overnight diapers I use tranquility contour booster's, so I can wet all night and not get up with any leaks at night. Daytime the tena maxis (overnights) will take several large amount before needing to change at work. Love how much they swell up between my legs.

With really bad performers I have used boosters but do find they can cause problems of their own.

I have some packs left of Japanese nappies that are only 200ml (a cheeky pour of wine), these absolutely need a booster, best one is a junior (size 6) nappy with perforations in the backing.

Lots of bulk isn't that big a deal to me most of the time, so I don't use stuffers all that often. I have soaker pads for cloth diapers and I think those might get more use from me overall, and I only use those when I'm wearing cloth, which isn't that frequent. With that in mind, it might be that when I'm wanting bulk, cloth diapers are what I think of more of the time.

I think most of my disposable stuffers are getting used on guests (by request).

I usually use two boosters and not only do they increase capacity, but since I'm between sizes, they actually hello larger diapers for a lot better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No I do not. Eventually you will find that boosters do NOTHING for improving the performance of the diaper. They will still be just a likely to leak, except with a booster there will be more pee there to leak. Meaning bigger leaks overall.

Also, you will eventually realize that the added cost of the booster can be better used when applied to the cost of the diaper you use by actually getting a slightly better diaper. In this way you will end up with a better performing diaper that will not need a booster, and will perform better overall- all at the same price you pay right now for the lesser diaper and a booster.

I wear 24/7, and whenever I go to university, I always wear with a booster. Yes, it gets bulky, but I found that if I make sure there is a proper channel in the diaper and the booster is up high in the front (I'm a guy), then I can get through 8 hours just fine. I can go to work on campus at 6AM, and change at 2PM into another diaper with a booster. That's the only way I can get through the day without leaking. Maybe I'm lucky that the NorthShore Supremes and Betterdry fit me perfectly and that's why I don't leak, but it works for me. If I'm lounging at home, I sometimes use a booster, depending on the diaper. Overnight, I always use a booster. I'm a stomach sleeper so it comes in handy.

Slomo said:
No I do not. Eventually you will find that boosters do NOTHING for improving the performance of the diaper. They will still be just a likely to leak, except with a booster there will be more pee there to leak. Meaning bigger leaks overall.

Also, you will eventually realize that the added cost of the booster can be better used when applied to the cost of the diaper you use by actually getting a slightly better diaper. In this way you will end up with a better performing diaper that will not need a booster, and will perform better overall- all at the same price you pay right now for the lesser diaper and a booster.

Maybe they don't work for you, however you cant say they don't work for anybody.

I already use some of the best diapers out there (Little Pawz being one of my favorites), but I still find that boosters work FOR ME.

of course it probably helps that I put the diaper meant to be used as a booster inside the other diaper (in with the "fluff" and SAP) after I cut off everything except the core absorbent part and cut it down the middle of the front so it flows through the booster and into the outer diaper.

This is especially easy if I'm using the Tru-Fit Goodnites (W/O the underwear part as its unnecessary) as they are nothing except the core, so all I have to do is cut the middle of the front open up the outer diaper carefully in the front, and stuff the Goodnite in there above the padding of the outer diaper.

Of course the diaper I use would work either way, it's just that boosters do add absorbency and time and more than that a better effect (heavier, thicker, fluffier feeling)

I use them at times. They can be effective and useful if correctly positioned - mine get adjusted so that liquids flow into the gap between the booster and the nappy, increasing the available aqcuisition surface area and ensuring that both the nappy and the booster get utilised. The issue with defeating the leakguards is important, but in a nappy with really high guards such as a Betterdry the effect is minimal.

An advantage of using a booster is that it can be changed quickly and easily under adverse conditions, where a full change would be tricky. This regains a percentage of the total available capacity and puts clean, dry coverstock in contact with some of the more exposed areas of skin, buying time before a full change becomes essential.

BabyTyrant said:
Maybe they don't work for you, however you cant say they don't work for anybody.

I already use some of the best diapers out there (Little Pawz being one of my favorites), but I still find that boosters work FOR ME.

of course it probably helps that I put the diaper meant to be used as a booster inside the other diaper (in with the "fluff" and SAP) after I cut off everything except the core absorbent part and cut it down the middle of the front so it flows through the booster and into the outer diaper.

This is especially easy if I'm using the Tru-Fit Goodnites (W/O the underwear part as its unnecessary) as they are nothing except the core, so all I have to do is cut the middle of the front open up the outer diaper carefully in the front, and stuff the Goodnite in there above the padding of the outer diaper.

Of course the diaper I use would work either way, it's just that boosters do add absorbency and time and more than that a better effect (heavier, thicker, fluffier feeling)

I never said boosters don't work. In fact, I fully agree they do work. Not as good as having a better diaper, and at the same added cost as a better diaper though. Plus you have to be extremely carefull not to oversaturate the booster or leaks will become a severe problem.

Sure they work, it just doesn't make sense to use them for most situations. Thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back