Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tobacco

Default tobacco

I'm wondering, does tobacco show up on a high school drug test? All I hear on the net is that they don't test for it because it is a legal drug, but what about minors? Like some students are 18 but not the majority.

With a a certainty of 99.99 percent: No. Granted, I'm not an expert on US high school drug testing, but looking for tobacco would seem pretty... well, retarded.

Ha my thoughts exactly but I get scared. I am screwed if my parents catch me

I doubt it would show up on the drug tests they'd be using. Like most of us (I assume), I don't have any direct knowledge on how the tests are designed or what chemicals they're designed to detect. Like RadGravity, my hunch is that these tests aren't going to detect tobacco. You're more likely to get discovered by smells in your clothes, breath, or hair, or by other physical evidence (the tobacco itself). My understanding of nicotine is that the effects on your body are chemically similar to those of caffeine, or that they operate on a similar group of neurotransmitters.

My ultimate recommendation is to ditch the smokes, or the chew, or whatever. Save yourself the money--laws or not, you're doing yourself a disservice.

Quote Originally Posted by PostTenebrasLux View Post
    My ultimate recommendation is to ditch the smokes, or the chew, or whatever. Save yourself the money--laws or not, you're doing yourself a disservice.
    Agreed. I wish I never started smoking. That's easy to say now that I'm 22 though. When I was 16 it was another thing. So, I'm not gonna lecture you, Jason. Just give not smoking some thought. Especially since your parents apparently wouldn't be too happy with finding out about it.

I actually did some googleing on the subject and it seems (to my surprise) that a few high schools actually do test for nicotine. However, the latest article about nicotine testing was from 2002, so it's a hard to know for sure. I think you should try asking around your school. If you don't feel it's a good idea to ask somebody working there, you could always ask other students if they ever heard about somebody getting a positive test for nicotine.

Ive asked around my school and I get yes's and no's, but neither is a guaranteed answer. I should probably just stop anyway it isn't that good for me. EDIT I haven't heard about someone getting busted with nicotine

School drug testing...? Whatever dystopian police state shithole kind of school do you go to?

Amphetamines, Benzodiazepines, Cannabis, Cocaine, Opiates and Methamphetamines (including ecstasy) are the usual drugs that are tested tho there are others(eg. subutex,methadone) but not tobacco.

My advice quit smoking altogether. Its a horrible habit. lung cancer mouth cancer and everything else. I'm speaking from personal experience my grandfather died at the age of 65 because of cancer from tabacco and alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Verscha View Post
    School drug testing...? Whatever dystopian police state shithole kind of school do you go to?
    I live in Illinois, and if you do any extra curricular activity, then you can get drug tested, (at least in my school). It is so stupid but it is random and i have only been tested once out of the last two years here. The school thinks they are law enforcement.

Sigh, two more years