When being a DL finally pays off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helmfried

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So, here I am, in bed at 4pm on a Tuesday. Went home early from work due to intense back-pains, stopped by the chiropractor on the way home and he gave me a week's sick-leave due to "acute lumbar pains", so here I am..

Oh yeah, this was about diapers... So I'm an on-and-off DL, and I've been "dry" for a while (I only feel the"need" some times), but I always have a small stash. Today it came in really handy. Getting up from bed took a couple of minutes, and walking to the bathroom (~10m) took several more. Good thing I wasn't in a hurry! On my way back to bed, I grab an Attends Adjustable, just to be safe (and extra "comfortable").

Yay DLs!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I remember when I herniated a disc in my back. Already being diapered was a real life saver when it's so difficult to move- let alone get up out of bed.

As for getting better. I highly recommend you go back to your chiropractor and get your back re-adjusted. While there, pay attention to what thry do to you. Go home, and repeat that same technique several times a day. You will heal up that much faster.

Slomo said:
I remember when I herniated a disc in my back. Already being diapered was a real life saver when it's so difficult to move- let alone get up out of bed.

As for getting better. I highly recommend you go back to your chiropractor and get your back re-adjusted. While there, pay attention to what thry do to you. Go home, and repeat that same technique several times a day. You will heal up that much faster.
I'm going back there tomorrow, if I can get out of bed tomorrow morning. ;)

I personally stay far away from chiropractors. They are not doctors or have a doctorate degree. Go to a real doctor for back pain. I have multiple problems with L2-L5 and the chiropractor made those problems worse.

mayhem said:
I personally stay far away from chiropractors. They are not doctors or have a doctorate degree. Go to a real doctor for back pain. I have multiple problems with L2-L5 and the chiropractor made those problems worse.

Well of course they don't have a doctorate degree, like you said they are not doctors. They do go to college to learn their practice though, and do have to get a certified degree in order to practice too.

Much like doctors though, not all of them are as good as the next. It's unfortunate you got the latter.

Whenever I'm sick or in bed for the day, I always go diaper up.

mayhem said:
Went to 4 so called doctors, and then a chiropractor. The chiropractor is the one that's fixing everything. The doctors all shook their heads confused. However the chiropractor took one look at my MRI and said. I got you....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I agree that it's good to diaper up when you have a difficult time getting out of bed to go to the bathroom. I feel that I must weigh in on the chiropractor issue, too. I have had minor, chronic back problems most of my life and have used chiropractors regularly over the years. I believe, as in any profession, there are "good ones" and "not-so-good ones." I have been lucky in that I have had only one "not-so-good" chiropractor (no real damage done, just changed who I went to). One thing I have noticed about the ones I consider to be "good:" they do not want any more repeat visits than absolutely necessary. Their words to me over the years have been, "Call and make an appointment when YOU need to. Your back needs to do its part in the healing process." I truly hope those who use chiropractors find good relief. I know they have for me.

mayhem said:

They seem to be very inconsistent that way. I know an equal number of people that consider them quacks or miracle workers.

A woman I know injured her back slipping on ice and went to a "bone crusher" for help. By the time she got back home she was headed downhill fast and wound up in the ER that evening with a torn muscle in her back. (it had gotten a small tear by her fall, and the chiropractor tore it worse 0 turned three weeks of rest into THREE MONTHS stuck in bed and unable to stand) So my personal experience is negative. But a guy I work with just this week went to the chiropractor to fix a pinched nerve and it really helped him.

I'd attribute that to a combination of (A) what the cause of the problem is, and (B) the skill of the "doctor". If they try to "fix" a problem that really ought to be handled by a surgeon, you're gonna have a bad day. Whether or not it's a surgery-problem is hard to predict without xrays etc, and so it comes down to whether or not the chiropractor can tell the difference. So your best bet is to either get a referral from someone that's gotten consistently good service, or a referral from a medical professional that knows a skilled bonecrusher.

Injured my lower back in 87, L-3,4,&5. And dislocated 3 veterbrea in my neck. Went to bone crusher, advised as the best in the area, left bone crushers office in more pain than I went in with and unable to turn my head/neck. Never went back, a week of bed rest and I felt a whole lot better

mayhem said:

This ^^

Helmfried said:
So, here I am, in bed at 4pm on a Tuesday. Went home early from work due to intense back-pains, stopped by the chiropractor on the way home and he gave me a week's sick-leave due to "acute lumbar pains", so here I am..

Oh yeah, this was about diapers... So I'm an on-and-off DL, and I've been "dry" for a while (I only feel the"need" some times), but I always have a small stash. Today it came in really handy. Getting up from bed took a couple of minutes, and walking to the bathroom (~10m) took several more. Good thing I wasn't in a hurry! On my way back to bed, I grab an Attends Adjustable, just to be safe (and extra "comfortable").

Yay DLs!

There are times when I'm very pleased I maintain a small stash of AB/DL diapers in addition to my medical ones.

When I feel unwell I can be in bed for a couple of days, and I'll always put on one of my thicker diapers. They're so much more comfy and practical, and I don't need to change as often. And the prints help my self-esteem too when I feel ill.

Hope you feel better soon Helmfried

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

bambinod said:
They seem to be very inconsistent that way. I know an equal number of people that consider them quacks or miracle workers.

A woman I know injured her back slipping on ice and went to a "bone crusher" for help. By the time she got back home she was headed downhill fast and wound up in the ER that evening with a torn muscle in her back. (it had gotten a small tear by her fall, and the chiropractor tore it worse 0 turned three weeks of rest into THREE MONTHS stuck in bed and unable to stand) So my personal experience is negative. But a guy I work with just this week went to the chiropractor to fix a pinched nerve and it really helped him.

I'd attribute that to a combination of (A) what the cause of the problem is, and (B) the skill of the "doctor". If they try to "fix" a problem that really ought to be handled by a surgeon, you're gonna have a bad day. Whether or not it's a surgery-problem is hard to predict without xrays etc, and so it comes down to whether or not the chiropractor can tell the difference. So your best bet is to either get a referral from someone that's gotten consistently good service, or a referral from a medical professional that knows a skilled bonecrusher.

ANY chiropractor that's even half decent will require/perform an mri or xray before they do anything. IF you find one that doesn't then that's a big red flag to stay away from them.

That's kind of like going to a doctor for the same back problems, and they only want to perform surgery before even truly looking at you. There are quacks in every field, and you've got to stay away from them.

Slomo said:
ANY chiropractor that's even half decent will require/perform an mri or xray before they do anything. IF you find one that doesn't then that's a big red flag to stay away from them.

That's kind of like going to a doctor for the same back problems, and they only want to perform surgery before even truly looking at you. There are quacks in every field, and you've got to stay away from them.

Not always true. One i went to could tell how screwed up my neck was just by prodding it work his hands. When i bright the xray from the previous chiropractor he just laughed and said "ha i was right" neck felt better after 2 visits. Used him for several years after that.

paddedgrimlin said:
Not always true. One i went to could tell how screwed up my neck was just by prodding it work his hands. When i bright the xray from the previous chiropractor he just laughed and said "ha i was right" neck felt better after 2 visits. Used him for several years after that.

So wait, I was also right them. You had a recent xray which the chiropractor used before he did any adjustments.

This is actually part of their training and certification too. They aren't supposed to work on you without an xray or mri. The imaging adds cost though, so the cheaper ones tend to try and skip it.

Slomo said:

Muscles don't show up on xray. That's where the damage was done that I saw.

bambinod said:
Muscles don't show up on xray. That's where the damage was done that I saw.

But they do show the position of vertebrae, which will indicate a problem muscle or where a nerve may be pinched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back