Status
Not open for further replies.

TabulaRasa2017

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Hello my little friends,

I've recently been to my first ABDL/littles event and met some wonderful people in real life. I'm going to describe a few things briefly and vaguely because it was a special experience for me and I shared some intimate things with others that are best kept private. But what I wanted to share was the overall feeling of this for me and maybe give some hope to those of you out there who, like me, can be scared of taking such a step.

I went to this event because I was kindly encouraged to go by two wonderful people I met through FetLife. They told me what to expect and how to find them at the event, and that was huge because I felt like I wasn't going to something blind. The event was held in a private building run by a kink/fetish society. There was a mixture of BDSM and little stuff, and people came as they were and acted how they wanted with ground rules such as asking for permission for everything, and no drugs or alcohol were allowed. When I first arrived, I was able to find my virtual friends and become real life friends with them which was wonderful. There were many people there from all walks of life and from across the spectrum of ABDL that you see here on ADISC, from people like me for whom this is sexual, to asexual, trans, disabled, you name it. So it was a very open and welcoming type of vibe, and no one was excluded. For the first time in my life, I wore my diapers and outfit in front of other human beings, I sucked on my paci, and took my teddy with me everywhere.

A number of major things struck me. First, there was a lot of joy - here were all sorts of people who have to hide this part of themselves away now free to be this part of who they are for a few hours with no judgement. Second, I never realized how much this part of me has been so badly neglected because it felt wonderful and freeing. Third, I now know for a fact this is part of my sexuality and it is a need and I am okay -- I just need to find a like-minded partner who will get and cherish this part of who I am. Fourth, I experienced some things I never, ever thought I would ever experience in my life and that was amazing - but I'm keeping those private to keep them special.

For the vanilla people in my life who know about this part of me, I came up with a way to describe this that I hope makes sense if you're not wired like me. It feels like a first kiss. So, as I told them, imagine you've really wanted to kiss a boy or girl your whole life but everyone else thinks its weird and even though it's what you crave so badly you feel terribly ashamed about this desire. Then, after decades of not being able to kiss anyone, you finally have a chance and not only does it feel wonderful but no one judges you and you feel no shame or remorse. That's what this event felt like to me. I got to wear my diapers in front of others without having to worry. I got to hold my teddy and I had people speak to me like a 2 or 3 year old boy and it was heavenly. It was my first kiss -- my first real ABDL experience.

I suppose the biggest take home message for me, and that I share with all of you, is that it's never too late to go out there and be brave and find your people. The experience touched me so much that when I returned home I broke down crying ... but they were tears of joy and release after all of these years of being alone in the dark with this, that I actually went out there and met like-minded people. And that I was accepted.

So, I'm no sage and I don't know what will happen next. But, and I know I sound like a broken record, if not for ADISC, I'm not sure I would have evolved to the point where I did something like this. Being part of this community where I felt welcome and validated was so huge I can't even properly put it into words. I'm not a religious man, but thank God for ADISC, honestly! FetLife is such a hard nut to crack ... once you crack it, it gets easier, but at first it's pretty goddamn scary and my first forays into Fet were not the best. But when I joined ADISC, it was such a different and welcoming experience ... so thank you!

One last tidbit. If you can accept this part of who you are and you want to move to the next step with it, then you have to meet people in real life. On a fluke, I met some people at a gaming group I belong to and that sort of reopened the doors of FetLife for me, which in turn started me on my most recent path. But when you can, where you can, try to get out there and meet people in real life (as scary as it is, because at first it is scary) because it really opens your eyes and let's you know you're not alone in the world. And for me, it let me know what everyone has already told me here at ADISC -- that I'm okay and I can love this part of me. And I do.

Be well, everyone.

Tab

Last edited:
Reactions: Trevor
Insightful post as always.

I'm glad you enjoyed your time at your first ABDL event. I've been to a few local events myself, the first time was awkward for me, but it's nice to go and feel a sense of community in person. I've met a lot of good friends at ABDL events and munches. Visiting events is good for a couple of reasons, it encourages you to share this side of yourself with others and it helps to build more self-confidence as an AB.

I haven't had time to go to any events and munches lately as the end of my University semester is fast approaching and I need to get a lot of work done, but I do have a Mommy and a lot of local little and DL friends that I can chat and hang out with in the meantime.

Anyways, I'm glad you had such a great experience.

Thank you so much for your post. That sounds like such a wonderful experience. Ive never attended any events or been anywhere that I could openly exhibit my ABDL side. I’ve looked at CapCon in the past and was tempted but never have been able to work up the courage to go. Hearing about your experience makes me feel less frightened to try.

I never had the opportunity to go a abdl event but I have mat people I real life that are abdl one of them even become my bast friend. It really does the soul good to openly embrace this side of you in a judge free environment.

There's an age player munch (includes ABDL's) near me this week, I am trying hard to get my head wrapped around going. I do feel that attending one of these for the first time is going to be the hardest and at the same time most likely a very positive experience. Still.....................

BuffedBaby said:
There's an age player munch (includes ABDL's) near me this week, I am trying hard to get my head wrapped around going. I do feel that attending one of these for the first time is going to be the hardest and at the same time most likely a very positive experience. Still.....................

I endorse munches but I also think it's important to set appropriate expectations. Unless you're really socially talented (or young and attractive) it can take a few meets to really start to connect with people. When I first started going, I went to 4-5 over a period of months and I got discouraged because I wasn't engaging in a serious way. I'm not even talking about relationships here, I mean people remembering my name. They were a nice bunch of folks and it was really good to see other ABDLs in a social setting for the first time but it wasn't satisfying and I stopped. I'm not sure how much longer it might have taken to actually make friends with anyone. It wasn't until I started interacting on a more individual basis online that I met with others one on one and that was much more fulfilling.

Ultimately, I don't think it's that important how it's done but I see socializing with other ABDLs (even if it's not about diapers) is a pretty important step. It can be munches, one on one, conventions, whatever, as long as you get out there and have a social context for it.

Poofybutt said:
Insightful post as always.

I'm glad you enjoyed your time at your first ABDL event. I've been to a few local events myself, the first time was awkward for me, but it's nice to go and feel a sense of community in person. I've met a lot of good friends at ABDL events and munches. Visiting events is good for a couple of reasons, it encourages you to share this side of yourself with others and it helps to build more self-confidence as an AB.

I haven't had time to go to any events and munches lately as the end of my University semester is fast approaching and I need to get a lot of work done, but I do have a Mommy and a lot of local little and DL friends that I can chat and hang out with in the meantime.

Anyways, I'm glad you had such a great experience.

Hi Poofybutt,

Thanks! And I would agree that this certainly helped in the confidence department. It was scary but that was ameliorated by the fact that I knew two people at least online before I went and had their names and basic info to find them. One person at the event went cold without knowing anyone. At first he was clearly very nervous as I would have been no doubt, but he calmed as the night went on and as I think he realized it was a pretty friendly group. One thing they did which I thought was brilliant was they had a friendship circle for newbies to introduce themselves and meet more established people. That also helped a lot.

Tab

- - - Updated - - -

LiteBrite said:
Thank you so much for your post. That sounds like such a wonderful experience. Ive never attended any events or been anywhere that I could openly exhibit my ABDL side. I’ve looked at CapCon in the past and was tempted but never have been able to work up the courage to go. Hearing about your experience makes me feel less frightened to try.

Hi LiteBrite,

Thank you and I hope you have an opportunity to meet with others in real life at some point. What I've found is on FetLife there are a number of ABDL and related groups, and they each have a different vibe. I joined a few but really fell in well with one particular group, and that was in part because someone actually reached out to me! But the particular group just fit naturally for me, whereas some others didn't as much. My best advice would be to get to know a few people online through one of the groups on Fet, and then ease yourself into things from there. For the event I went to, the person who reached out to me encouraged me to go and said they'd be there, and that's why I made this leap of faith.

I know, I know -- easier said than done! I wish you the best and feel free to private message me if you'd like.

Be well,

Tab

- - - Updated - - -

matt1989 said:
I never had the opportunity to go a abdl event but I have mat people I real life that are abdl one of them even become my bast friend. It really does the soul good to openly embrace this side of you in a judge free environment.

Hi matt1989,

It was certainly wonderful to be in diapers and wander around with my teddy without fear of judgement. I was a lot more relaxed than I thought I would be.

Be well,

Tab

- - - Updated - - -

BuffedBaby said:

Hi BuffedBaby,

Trevor has some sound advice. I also consider myself very fortunate - I think I just ended up connecting with kind people in a particularly open and welcoming group on FetLife. So, I can't vouch for anything other than this one particular experience. I've never yet been to a munch, but I will be doing that in another week or so -- those are to my understanding low key vanilla affairs where everyone knows what you're all into, but you can't openly express it. But going to a munch is not a bad idea. Something that has been helping me is to realize that most people don't care and unless you're running for public office you're probably fine. The best advice I've gotten and that I follow is be nice, be kind, be discreet, and don't start fights -- that's where people usually get into trouble.

But it is a totally terrifying prospect when you first think about doing this, especially if like me you've kept this very private until recently. So, I understand your trepidation. I do think that going to a low key munch would probably at the very least let you see you're not alone, and that in and of itself can be helpful.

Be well,

Tab

- - - Updated - - -

Trevor said:
I endorse munches but I also think it's important to set appropriate expectations. Unless you're really socially talented (or young and attractive) it can take a few meets to really start to connect with people. When I first started going, I went to 4-5 over a period of months and I got discouraged because I wasn't engaging in a serious way. I'm not even talking about relationships here, I mean people remembering my name. They were a nice bunch of folks and it was really good to see other ABDLs in a social setting for the first time but it wasn't satisfying and I stopped. I'm not sure how much longer it might have taken to actually make friends with anyone. It wasn't until I started interacting on a more individual basis online that I met with others one on one and that was much more fulfilling.

Ultimately, I don't think it's that important how it's done but I see socializing with other ABDLs (even if it's not about diapers) is a pretty important step. It can be munches, one on one, conventions, whatever, as long as you get out there and have a social context for it.

Hi Trevor,

I agree with you on setting appropriate expectations. What I went to was more immersive and more intimate, so I was more likely to come away with friends from something like that. A munch is (probably - I haven't been yet but soon) more like a book club - you get together and have a common connection point, but it takes a few meetings to get to know people well. Personal connections, especially one on one, are invaluable. As nice as ADISC is, and believe me it is very nice, connections that lead to munches and events are more likely and more common on FetLife. FetLife can be scary, especially at first. I was terrified of it for a very long time. But as I've posted to LiteBrite, there are different ABDL groups with different vibes - joining a few and lurking or saying hi will probably give someone a feel for whether that particular group has the right chemistry for what they're looking for.

Be well and thanks as always for your perspective - and for encouraging me to post this thread in the first place!

Tab

LiteBrite, it is a wonderful experience. I went to capcon this year. It was my first time meeting other AB/DLs in person. I can't recommend it enough. It was like Tabula's experience and more. Not to mention fun... tons of fun.

Thank you for sharing about the "first kiss".

I have had validation in most areas of my life.

But, ultimately, one wants to be known for what they care about most.

pd8615 said:
Thank you for sharing about the "first kiss".

I have had validation in most areas of my life.

But, ultimately, one wants to be known for what they care about most.

Hi pd8615,

I'm glad you liked my post. Like all of us on here, there are many facets to my life but I've come to realize that the ABDL part is important and needs validation from a partner. I hope everyone can find a way to get that validation because it is truly wonderful to have another person let you know they see this part of you and it is okay.

Be well,

Tab

- - - Updated - - -

dl1036 said:
LiteBrite, it is a wonderful experience. I went to capcon this year. It was my first time meeting other AB/DLs in person. I can't recommend it enough. It was like Tabula's experience and more. Not to mention fun... tons of fun.

Hi dl1036,

CapCon sounds like fun! I'm glad you were able to go -- isn't it wonderful to meet others as who you really are? Speaking of fun, I rode a hobby horse at my event! Squee! =)

Be well,

Tab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back