Best diapers for going 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophiaa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I want to start wearing a lot more, and plan on possibly going 24/7 for a few weeks to see how it is. What are some of the best diapers for this? I'm thinking of either the abena m3/m4 (m3's are supposed to be more discreet).

Keep in mind i'm from the UK so some brands aren't accessible, and I'd like to have diapers that absorb liquids throughout the entire diaper and not just the area where it happens.

I'd also still wear my regular clothes, trousers/jeans/skirts etc. I know people say buy a size up but I'd look funny wearing "baggy" clothes, plus women's clothes are more fitting in general.

If anyone could help that would be great. Thank you!

your on the right track with abena's, there are so many great premium brands out there, it use to be just a hand full of diapers, now there are more than 20 brands that will get the job done.

I would highly recommend Dry 247, Better Dry, or NorthShore Supreme Diapers. You want a diaper that’s not going to leak. If this is your first time going 24/7 your more likely going to flood your diaper for a while as your body isn’t condition to using diapers. Trust me when I say nobody is going to notice if your pants are a little bit more baggy. Or your shift is a tad longer to hide the bludge that some diapers cause. If they do they won’t say anything. The alternative of wearing a thinner less absorbing diaper may come back to haunt you. There is nothing worse then a leak in public. Now it will happen if you go 24/7 long enough. Being incontitent I’ve come to grips with it. One last suggestions wear dark color pants. They hide wet spots better. Good luck on going 24/7

Ehorton said:
I would highly recommend Dry 247, Better Dry, or NorthShore Supreme Diapers. You want a diaper that’s not going to leak. If this is your first time going 24/7 your more likely going to flood your diaper for a while as your body isn’t condition to using diapers. Trust me when I say nobody is going to notice if your pants are a little bit more baggy. Or your shift is a tad longer to hide the bludge that some diapers cause. If they do they won’t say anything. The alternative of wearing a thinner less absorbing diaper may come back to haunt you. There is nothing worse then a leak in public. Now it will happen if you go 24/7 long enough. Being incontitent I’ve come to grips with it. One last suggestions wear dark color pants. They hide wet spots better. Good luck on going 24/7

Out of the ones you mentioned the only ones that I could get are the better dry diapers. Do you have any experience with these? And I wouldn't dream of wearing a thin diaper, of course it'd leak.

- - - Updated - - -

pampers4U said:
your on the right track with abena's, there are so many great premium brands out there, it use to be just a hand full of diapers, now there are more than 20 brands that will get the job done.

Do you have any experience with the abena's?

I do, but they were the old plastic backed M4's, I no longer wear them because the quality started to drop and other products that were better became easier to get. But if your starting off its a good product until you find something better that you like, everyones body is a different shape so what works best for me may not be the best for you, its all about trying different products and forming your own opinions.

Purchase different brands to in a single package and try them out and find which ones work best for your needs.
I myself wear 3 different brands throughout the day depending on what I’m doing or if I’m at work.

I’ve used Better Dry. They are a great diaper, they get very bulky when wet but I haven’t had any issues with leaks.

I'm always switching it up myself, I love variety, right now my line up has been, abu simple ultra, abu little paws, dry 24/7, rearz safari, abu kiddo, abu barebums, bambino stretch and bambino bellesimos. I constantly cycle throw them, each has there on unique fit / job.

Ehorton said:
I’ve used Better Dry. They are a great diaper, they get very bulky when wet but I haven’t had any issues with leaks.

Do you wear them when you're out in public, do you think they'd be extremely noticeable?

I would stay away from the abenas, simply because they need more frequent changes due to the strange smell they get when wet. For 24/7 as others have said, make sure to wear dark clothes if you can, also keep powder, a barrier cream, and rash ointment handy, and think about ways you can help with diaper sag (onesie/diaper shirt, tighter underwear, ect). The first few weeks can be a nightmare on your skin until it adjusts to the different ph level and constant wetness. Make sure you are able to change in any bathroom, and plan to carry a spare and spare clothes with you. And definitely stay well hydrated. The more hydrated, the less irritated you skin will be, and the less your urine will stink.

Yes I’m in diapers 24/7 for medical reason. No one has noticed and if they have they didn’t say anything. Any good diaper is gojng to bulky and big.

I like unique Wellness when I'm planning on going on a diaper bang.

When it comes to wearing nappies/diapers 24/7 there is always a trade-off between absorbency and discretion. In other words, the more absorbent the diaper, the bulkier it is (or the bulkier it will get when it's wet)

I wear diapers 24/7 for bladder incontinence - my preferred daytime diaper is the Tena Slip Maxi. It can hold a lot but it's relatively discreet. The cloth-backed Maxis make no sound at all and the plastic-backed Maxis (which I prefer) don't crinkle that much.

As for other bits of practical advice, pack a bag with you with extra changes, wipes and cream, drink plenty of water, and if you're able to, practice changing while standing up and leaning against a wall. That trick comes in very handy when you need to change in a public toilet and lying on the floor is not possible due to lack of space and hygiene issues.

Hope this helps
Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

I would be looking at using different nappies at different times.

When I have had to be 24/7 I would be looking at ABU SDKs/Cushies/Lavender/Kiddos during the day/under clothes around people as the crotch isn’t super wide and they are not super load.

When at home by yourself for a long period of time/overnight ABU Space/Simple/Pawz for maximum absorbency and immersion.

When exercising or if you need an hour stop gap say between a leaky one and having a shower some cheap pull ups can be a good investment.

For using ALL of your nappy my experience has been always do the length ways fold to help activate channels front to back and maybe experiment with some long booster pads that don’t come pre folded.

Ehorton said:
Yes I’m in diapers 24/7 for medical reason. No one has noticed and if they have they didn’t say anything. Any good diaper is gojng to bulky and big.
I agree a thin discreet nappy in no good i you are incontinent like me. I honestly don't care if people notice I wear nappies any more.

- - - Updated - - -

I usually wear tena comfort extra pads by day and tena maxi slips at night.

I wear BetterDry diapers to manage my bladder and some times bowel issues, so far they have proven to be the best diaper I have used. they do swell up when wet but they absorbant and reliable.
I trust the diaper to do its job

Ive never had the normal betterdry, but there printed counterpart crinklz is surprisingly good for day use.
I bought a case of plastic abena m4s last year and they where completely obvious under my work uniform, even when dry the padding at the front would fluff up and bulge under my trousers.
They where also pretty poor quality for the price at around £1.14 a change*.

The crinklz are around the same price at £1 a change* but are a nicer cut with front and back waistbands, there a bit thinner than the abenas out the pack and dont fluff as bad, but do swell if soaked, but with normal fluid intake can last almost 24hrs, far better than the abenas.
The same should all be true for betterdry but are about £2 cheeper per pack.

The drylife slip super is also worth considering, there have been my normal daily nappy since the full pe backed id slip supers where discontinued.

*All prices based on buy the case from nru, ex vat and postage.

I don’t get to be 24/7 but my work schedule rotates so that I get a week off every month so I do my best 24/7 impression during that week.

Usually I wear M3’s cloth backed during that time. I found for me that they are the perfect balance between comfort quality and still getting to actually feel like you’re in a diaper.

I also wear Dry 24/7’s and abena’s but after a couple days I start feeling chaffed. Especially from the dry’s. As I’m very active.

Confidry 24/7

I wear them 24/7 and have found them the best overall diaper for me for preventing leaks, being discrete, holds 3 full wettings, works for overnight, etc.

A good trick for overnight use is to fold the lower and upper edges (leg wings and both waistbands) inside and the plastic backing actually sticks like tape to your skin forming an unleakable edge.

Sophiaa said:
So I want to start wearing a lot more, and plan on possibly going 24/7 for a few weeks to see how it is. What are some of the best diapers for this? I'm thinking of either the abena m3/m4 (m3's are supposed to be more discreet).

Keep in mind i'm from the UK so some brands aren't accessible, and I'd like to have diapers that absorb liquids throughout the entire diaper and not just the area where it happens.

I'd also still wear my regular clothes, trousers/jeans/skirts etc. I know people say buy a size up but I'd look funny wearing "baggy" clothes, plus women's clothes are more fitting in general.

If anyone could help that would be great. Thank you!

Thin equals leaks, and leaks are not discreete. Go for a diaper you know you can trust to not leak.

And not baggy, just loose. You need to avoid form fitting clothes when diapered. One size larger pant size is not going to look baggy either. It will however, allow enough room for your diaper to not be seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Sophiaa said:
Do you wear them when you're out in public, do you think they'd be extremely noticeable?

I also wear Crinklz (betterdry) to my office. And no, nobody notices. I also wear one pant size larger than needed. With the diaper on, it's acutally just the right pant size. Not too loose, not too tight.

If you're still concerned about diaper crinkle noise then I also recommend the Gary activewear PUL pants. They cut down on noise really well. Though more importantly they will also help you notice any potential leaks before they become noticable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back