Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: USA Militarizes Mexican Border. Mexico Strikes Back.

trump has spent his whole life breaking laws and getting away through legal manuefers and payoffs America has had enough of that also.
    And point of fact there are entire towns and counties in the US that have a lower standard of living than a third world country and yet trump and his enablers chose to explode the debt buy trillions per year to give money to the wealthy political donors rather than actually modernizing our infra structer and bring some of these places up to first world , so he and the Klan made sure they got plenty and the actual taxpayers got not even table scraps , he has also violated or flat out said his campaign promises were all bullshit ,and now the law has caught up to him and family of grifters, he spent years trying to be the center of attention but now that he is he is trying to tear down America to conform to his rubber reality, he got away with that in business and thru 8 bankruptcies but the jig is up he's a corrupt president the 1st failure and hes had it fojing for many years.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Yes, it does. We have immigration laws. If you break them, by definition you are a criminal.
    That definition is completely incorrect. The fact that something is "not lawful" does not make it criminal.

Immigration law is by and large civil and administrative law, not criminal law. The vast majority of its procedures, decisions and sanctions are handled outside of the federal courts under a very different legal regime. There is almost no scope to punish someone within this system short of temporary detention (until deportation) or denial of immigration benefits. The immigration law system has no ability to imprison someone or fine them, as any criminal law court in this country can do.

This isn't unique to immigration, by the way. There are plenty of things that are "not lawful" that are not criminal offenses. If I walk on my neighbor's lawn without permission, that's trespassing. If I leave my car in his driveway, that is also "against the law" but I am not going to jail for doing so (my car may get towed away and my neighbor may sue me, though). Tax law is the same way. There are plenty of things that are "against the law" but are handled administratively and are not criminal offenses. As an example, if I contribute $5600 to my Roth IRA this year, I've exceeded the lawful maximums. The FBI is not showing up and making me do the perp walk - I'll get a letter from the IRS stating that I over-contributed and I either pay the 6% penalty on the $100, I take the excess out or I can challenge their determination with different evidence of my own. (I did that a few years back with some HSA withdrawals).

The same thing happens when governments exceed their authority. A few decades back Congress attempted to give President Clinton a line-item veto, but eventually the federal courts struck the law down as being outside of Congress' legitimate scope of powers to delegate. Congress passed the bill, and President Clinton signed it. Did those acts (which violated the supreme law of the land) result in them being criminals? Of course not. Not every violation of the law makes one a criminal.

There's very sound reasons for not making all immigration law violations criminal offenses. Most importantly, the overhead would be insane. We try and keep things out of the courts (and especially the criminal courts) because the protections we (rightfully) afford everyone before we take away their liberty or otherwise punish them make every criminal proceeding much slower than it otherwise would be. That's a good thing. Equally important is the fact that there are thousands of non-citizens working here whose immigration status depends on continued employment. Under your model, losing your job would be a criminal act (on your part). Even taking away the absurdity of such a proposition, could you imagine the abuse and potential criminal behavior that could ensue from such a world, where one could blackmail any temporary worker with the threat of imprisonment? Wow.

Some of us believe in the rule of law, and realize that if you let everything slide you end up with chaos.
    Have you no sense of irony, sir?

This nation was founded by an armed rebellion against the freest and most democratic state in Europe (at the time) supported by dictatorial foreign powers. The 21st Amendment exists almost solely because of widespread lawbreaking by large segments of the US population. The prime defense of the 2nd Amendment is so that the population can subvert the rule of law when they feel like it's unjust.

My mother is a great believer in "law and order", especially for black and brown folks. She doesn't feel like white folks need it as much, and white criminality strangely doesn't seem to bother her as much. If you believed in order as much as you claimed you do, you'd be celebrating the Queen's birthday rather than the Fourth of July.

Quote Originally Posted by stanfordgirl View Post
    Our immigration problem didn’t start with Trump. It started back before Reagan. There was a time in the first half of the 1900s that we would have guest workers that would follow the crops and then go home. We even brought alien workers into this country during WWII then immediately sent them home when our military men started coming home. Later Truman has been quoted as saying that “everyone suffers from the presence of illegal aliens in our country” and finally under Eisenhower we got “Operation Wetback” where over 1.5 million illegals were deported. So blaming Trump for the illegal immigration problems we have isn’t even close to accurate...neither is the notion that everything was just fine before Trump showed up. It clearly wasn’t.

The argument that only native Americans are real Americans is silly. The distinction we need to keep in mind is the one between legal and illegal immigration. The USA hands out more citizenship’s and green cards than any other country on the planet but in the process retains a duty to its citizens first and foremost. Our immigration policies are designed to benefit America first not Mexico or Canada or any other country. Trumps proposals to use a merit based system to determine who gets in and who doesn’t is a good one. We can’t afford to feed the worlds poor and an open borders policy would limit or eliminate our ability to help our own people and anyone else.

Wanting to make a better life for yourselves and your families is a noble cause but it’s one that should be used as a catalyst for changing the country of origin to make it better and less corrupt. I don’t want to sound cold hearted but the US taxpayers don’t owe illegal aliens free health care, free housing, food stamps free child care etc etc etc... with over 70% of illegal alien households on some form of government handout our social safety nets that we put in place for our own citizens are being stretched to the breaking point.

There is no evidence whatsoever that Trump is a white supremist or that he hates minorities or immigrants ...what he doesn’t like are people who break our laws and violate our borders and threaten our sovereignty. His viewpoint reflects the viewpoint of a majority of Americans. He is hardly a failed businessman or a failed human being. He may say things that some people including myself don’t agree with and he can be called many things but based upon observable reality I would. Think that failed billionaire (an oxymoron if there ever was one) is not one of those names.

I am not projecting any of my own faults and prejudices on anyone and my life certainly isn’t miserable at all. Quite the opposite. We are a nation of laws not a nation of men and the laws need to be followed or the violators must be punished or the laws should be changed. Respect for eachother and respect for our laws and customs is part of being an American citizen.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t think the President is saying that all illegal aliens are crap ...not at all and many times just the opposite. I personally have many friends in this country illegally who aren’t from Mexico (and some who are) that I think are great people and great friends. The issue has nothing to do with the characters of the people involved, it has to do with the law and what’s best for this country as a policy. Mexico’s rules are much stricter than our own yet no one seems to care how they handle illegal aliens walking into their country ...why is that?

- - - Updated - - -

LOL they have him on exactly zero issues and they must know by now that he has them on 100s of criminal acts. Specifically Comey, and Hillary and Loretta Lynch and many many others. Consider this fact pattern:

What if Trump had:

Destroyed 30,000 emails that were under federal subpoena...after he received the subpoena and then bleach bitted his hard drive

Also upon getting a subpoena he and his friends took hammers to all of their hard drives and cell phones

Would he be guilty of a crime? Obstruction of Justice maybe? Of course he would. There are 100’ s of crimes committed like the ones in this example that no one has been charged with yet ... Trump is getting really tired of this witch hunt and so are the American people since it’s become crystal clear that the only people who colluded with the Russians were Hillary and the DNC. Once Trump launches Sessions and puts someone in there with some stones he is going to come after them like a house on fire. We already know that they are guilty and they are going to be convicted and sent off to jail. If you truly want to see the guilty punished then you will need to get on the other team because all of the evidence points at the Democrats and their people as being the bad guys who broke the law ...not Trump
    My late wife's mother was a share crop worker, her mom worked Until she went into labor well picking cotton in a field, gave birth , went back to work .as it is we can't find people to do manual labor picking fruits and vegetables, last year over 5 million dollars of produce rotted on the vines , and trump hasvto be a complete idiot to ignore the warjings gifen to him , we need to expand our base of people paying into the system in order to support the boomers who are retiring ,we dont thanks to the government havevthe people needed to replace our aging workforce and thanks to corrupt republiklan who see social security as a slush / fund piggy bank are robbing America blind just last night they lost a vote to steal 2.9 trillion from social security ,and if you read the 188 page CBO Report on the effects of the tax scam just released once again the republiklans have put on collision course with a repeat of the 20's the last time the deficit was this high was just after WWII and they will be adding a trillion dollars a year ,in money borrowed at ungodly intrest rates ,we will struggle just to pay the accruing intrest same thing that happened under Bush ,and there scrambling to do two things pass as many shitty laws before November and retire so they get that lifetime pension , fuck the country and run cowardice , just as the trump family has an incredible history of refusing to serve or getting deferements.

Our immigration problem didn’t start with Trump. It started back before Reagan. There was a time in the first half of the 1900s that we would have guest workers that would follow the crops and then go home. We even brought alien workers into this country during WWII then immediately sent them home when our military men started coming home. Later Truman has been quoted as saying that “everyone suffers from the presence of illegal aliens in our country” and finally under Eisenhower we got “Operation Wetback” where over 1.5 million illegals were deported. So blaming Trump for the illegal immigration problems we have isn’t even close to accurate...neither is the notion that everything was just fine before Trump showed up. It clearly wasn’t.

The argument that only native Americans are real Americans is silly. The distinction we need to keep in mind is the one between legal and illegal immigration. The USA hands out more citizenship’s and green cards than any other country on the planet but in the process retains a duty to its citizens first and foremost. Our immigration policies are designed to benefit America first not Mexico or Canada or any other country. Trumps proposals to use a merit based system to determine who gets in and who doesn’t is a good one. We can’t afford to feed the worlds poor and an open borders policy would limit or eliminate our ability to help our own people and anyone else.

Wanting to make a better life for yourselves and your families is a noble cause but it’s one that should be used as a catalyst for changing the country of origin to make it better and less corrupt. I don’t want to sound cold hearted but the US taxpayers don’t owe illegal aliens free health care, free housing, food stamps free child care etc etc etc... with over 70% of illegal alien households on some form of government handout our social safety nets that we put in place for our own citizens are being stretched to the breaking point.

There is no evidence whatsoever that Trump is a white supremist or that he hates minorities or immigrants ...what he doesn’t like are people who break our laws and violate our borders and threaten our sovereignty. His viewpoint reflects the viewpoint of a majority of Americans. He is hardly a failed businessman or a failed human being. He may say things that some people including myself don’t agree with and he can be called many things but based upon observable reality I would. Think that failed billionaire (an oxymoron if there ever was one) is not one of those names.

I am not projecting any of my own faults and prejudices on anyone and my life certainly isn’t miserable at all. Quite the opposite. We are a nation of laws not a nation of men and the laws need to be followed or the violators must be punished or the laws should be changed. Respect for eachother and respect for our laws and customs is part of being an American citizen.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t think the President is saying that all illegal aliens are crap ...not at all and many times just the opposite. I personally have many friends in this country illegally who aren’t from Mexico (and some who are) that I think are great people and great friends. The issue has nothing to do with the characters of the people involved, it has to do with the law and what’s best for this country as a policy. Mexico’s rules are much stricter than our own yet no one seems to care how they handle illegal aliens walking into their country ...why is that?

- - - Updated - - -

LOL they have him on exactly zero issues and they must know by now that he has them on 100s of criminal acts. Specifically Comey, and Hillary and Loretta Lynch and many many others. Consider this fact pattern:

What if Trump had:

Destroyed 30,000 emails that were under federal subpoena...after he received the subpoena and then bleach bitted his hard drive

Also upon getting a subpoena he and his friends took hammers to all of their hard drives and cell phones

Would he be guilty of a crime? Obstruction of Justice maybe? Of course he would. There are 100’ s of crimes committed like the ones in this example that no one has been charged with yet ... Trump is getting really tired of this witch hunt and so are the American people since it’s become crystal clear that the only people who colluded with the Russians were Hillary and the DNC. Once Trump launches Sessions and puts someone in there with some stones he is going to come after them like a house on fire. We already know that they are guilty and they are going to be convicted and sent off to jail. If you truly want to see the guilty punished then you will need to get on the other team because all of the evidence points at the Democrats and their people as being the bad guys who broke the law ...not Trump

"they are all a bunch of murders and rapist's" -Trump. Enough said......

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    "they are all a bunch of murders and rapist's" -Trump. Enough said......
    I don't blame anyone really for illegal immigration , I do however blame trump for violating our rule of law ,and at last count 7,368 individual and class action lawsuits lawsuits filed over his breaking those laws with his not funny mockery of American institutions he's doing and attempt to cause a civil rights and human rights showdown because hes a racist prick ,and since you seem somewhat versed in history listen to some of President Eisenhower speeches , he warned America that his party was full of idiots and that a toxic adminstration would one day strip money from the people and destroy communities and houses, to lavish on bullshit walls and miltary reckless parades and a renewed arms race that is why he is in most circles widely and highly regarded as the last honest republican, and i blame trump for deliberately whipping up the frenzy of hostility and the remergence of the whole white power crap ,even one of trumps assistants during an official press photo flashing the White power hand gestures , the evidence of his guilt and association is overwhelming ,just as his consciousness of guilt pops up every weekend as he tries to interfere with the Mueller probe ,anyone truly innocent would not be continuously throwing people under the bus , using congressman and senators as distractions ,and actual innocent person would say I did nothing wrong , the facts will bear witness to that truth end of subject till the investigation concludes and move on with his maga show , he hasn't, he doesn't, he wouldnt because he has no idea what hes doing ,his claims of negotiation prowess and control can be seen in his NDA's and fine print on his companies business dealings were he "requires" people to lie abouth his finances (which is legaly unenforceable and SEC Regulatory fraud which some people are only beginning to find out now) when you are a man who has more skeletons in there bedroom closet than Arlington national cemetery you should really not run for the highest office , because any and all skeletons will get a very public thorough airing? So I blame him for what he's done and said and continues to do, not something that he has no effect on .

I live in Canada so I don't really get the issue of illegal immigrants.

Why not just allow a bunch more legal immigrants?

If I want a taxi at three AM, it isn't going to be a white guy like me that drives me home.

Drive out to a farm growing produce that I buy and you will see no white people doing the work that puts fresh food on my plate.

Immigration has made Canada better. Works for us here.

Let people into the country and they pay taxes and contribute.

Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by PCPilot View Post
    That definition is completely incorrect. The fact that something is "not lawful" does not make it criminal.

Immigration law is by and large civil and administrative law, not criminal law. The vast majority of its procedures, decisions and sanctions are handled outside of the federal courts under a very different legal regime. There is almost no scope to punish someone within this system short of temporary detention (until deportation) or denial of immigration benefits. The immigration law system has no ability to imprison someone or fine them, as any criminal law court in this country can do.

This isn't unique to immigration, by the way. There are plenty of things that are "not lawful" that are not criminal offenses. If I walk on my neighbor's lawn without permission, that's trespassing. If I leave my car in his driveway, that is also "against the law" but I am not going to jail for doing so (my car may get towed away and my neighbor may sue me, though). Tax law is the same way. There are plenty of things that are "against the law" but are handled administratively and are not criminal offenses. As an example, if I contribute $5600 to my Roth IRA this year, I've exceeded the lawful maximums. The FBI is not showing up and making me do the perp walk - I'll get a letter from the IRS stating that I over-contributed and I either pay the 6% penalty on the $100, I take the excess out or I can challenge their determination with different evidence of my own. (I did that a few years back with some HSA withdrawals).
    Thanks for making my point about rationalization. "Its just a little crime. Its not hurting anybody. I'm in a hurry, everybody blows through right on red" thump thump, scream. "Oh geez, Maxx, I didn't mean to kill you while you were in the crosswalk with the walk signal"

"My dog's a good boy, he wouldn't hurt anybody. Leashes are cruel and unusual restrictions against his natural dogness, even if they are required by law" woof, crash, scream. "Sorry about that collarbone, Maxx, he was just running out to say hi, he didn't mean to get tangled up with your bike wheel"

There's very sound reasons for not making all immigration law violations criminal offenses. Most importantly, the overhead would be insane. We try and keep things out of the courts (and especially the criminal courts) because the protections we (rightfully) afford everyone before we take away their liberty or otherwise punish them make every criminal proceeding much slower than it otherwise would be. That's a good thing. Equally important is the fact that there are thousands of non-citizens working here whose immigration status depends on continued employment. Under your model, losing your job would be a criminal act (on your part). Even taking away the absurdity of such a proposition, could you imagine the abuse and potential criminal behavior that could ensue from such a world, where one could blackmail any temporary worker with the threat of imprisonment? Wow.
    Or we could actually secure our borders and moot the point. Doesn't have to be completely leakproof. Light up a few truckloads and everyone else will get it.

Have you no sense of irony, sir?

This nation was founded by an armed rebellion against the freest and most democratic state in Europe (at the time) supported by dictatorial foreign powers. The 21st Amendment exists almost solely because of widespread lawbreaking by large segments of the US population. The prime defense of the 2nd Amendment is so that the population can subvert the rule of law when they feel like it's unjust.

My mother is a great believer in "law and order", especially for black and brown folks. She doesn't feel like white folks need it as much, and white criminality strangely doesn't seem to bother her as much. If you believed in order as much as you claimed you do, you'd be celebrating the Queen's birthday rather than the Fourth of July.
    Sure I do. How did open borders work out for the indians?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Thanks for making my point about rationalization. "Its just a little crime. Its not hurting anybody. I'm in a hurry, everybody blows through right on red" thump thump, scream. "Oh geez, Maxx, I didn't mean to kill you while you were in the crosswalk with the walk signal"

"My dog's a good boy, he wouldn't hurt anybody. Leashes are cruel and unusual restrictions against his natural dogness, even if they are required by law" woof, crash, scream. "Sorry about that collarbone, Maxx, he was just running out to say hi, he didn't mean to get tangled up with your bike wheel"

Or we could actually secure our borders and moot the point. Doesn't have to be completely leakproof. Light up a few truckloads and everyone else will get it.

Sure I do. How did open borders work out for the indians?
    As per normal when a white guy is involved somebodie s getting screwed,the shit we did and continue to do to Indians is disgusting, if our policy wasn't end these people post haste ,then I am an idiot (I still can be ?)but I seriously doubt anyone is going cluster white people into reservations of abject poverty ( the way we behaved with Indians, Eskimo other native people's and black people is a lesson in what not to do to your neighborhood , he'll we couldn't even be trusted around there women or animals ,matter of fact Scott Pruitt is prime evidence of white mans ways , except that ignorance is feeding back on itself (For some unknown reason these morons think we'll just colonize another planet and fuck up that one the way we have this one) lots of time , no infact we dont have tons of time. noor does mankind .

Wow that’s the most racist comment I have heard in along time

Wow that’s the most racist comment I have heard in along time
    What's so racist about American history other than the fact that we have royaly screwed these people and cultures, its an undeniable fact ,and I say that as a white dude who has extensive ties and relationships writhin many of the cultures .

Is it hard to hear the truth without sugar coating !or the revisionist history spin that we claim we were helping them ? .