Is Bedwetting More Common in Males than Females?

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicfan9389

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
When I wore GoodNites in high school, I always noticed there were more packs of girls GoodNites on the shelves than Boys GoosNites. I started having accidents in 2007 when I was 14, so they had designs on them. This made me wonder if bedwetting was more common in males. Since I've started wearing GoodNites for urge incontinence during the day (since I try to make it to the bathroom but leak sometimes) I've noticed the same thing now. It kind of made me feel bad that only guys wet the bed around my age that time. I was just curious.

I’ve read a number of articles that state that bedwetting is more common in boys after about age 6. I don’t know what the relative frequency is among adults, but my hunch is that bedwetting is also more common among men than among women. However, incontinenece in general is more common among women.

I’ve always heard that bedwetting in children is more common in boys than in girls, but that incontinence and other bladder problems are more common in women than in men. Adult bedwetting seems to be rare, under reported, under researched, or maybe all three.

The continence nurse I see regularly says she sees slightly more men than women who regularly wet at night and told me that adult bedwetting is not as rare as many people think.

ST50 said:
The continence nurse I see regularly says she sees slightly more men than women who regularly wet at night and told me that adult bedwetting is not as rare as many people think.

The part about adult bedwetting isn't that rare doesn't surprise me at all.

Inconinmiss said:
I’ve read a number of articles that state that bedwetting is more common in boys after about age 6. I don’t know what the relative frequency is among adults, but my hunch is that bedwetting is also more common among men than among women. However, incontinenece in general is more common among women.

I think this is correct. I believe that overage bedwetting after age 6 is about twice as common for boys. I've read though that the difference narrows again with age although I suspect adult men may more commonly wet the bed than do women. And I too have read that general daytime incontinence (bladder leakage) is more common among adult women. However, I believe that aging men with prostate problems are prone to bladder leakage issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back