Diapers in Texas summer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddedgrimlin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
So summer is almost here. I just got a job working mostly outside in a metal fabricating seeing, and i live in wonderful hot Texas. As we know diapers can cause additional sweating moisture etc... Anyone have suggestions or tips for wearing in hot weather conditions?

Switch to cloth or cloth backed. These will allow for slightly better air flow.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I live in Texas also , you really just have to bear it.what part ya live

Best way is to hydrate and cool down when you can. Trust me I live in “sun city” El Paso tx it’s always hot here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Since you are working and not sleeping in the diapers the protection provided by the side panels of the diapers is redundant.
Consider a modification to a loin cloth type application with the absorbent panel centered in the (crotch) area where it is needed.
Wearing breathable underpants the only place of sweat perspiration is going to be confined in that crotch area.
The (breathable) underpants are needed to hold the loin cloth diaper (pads liners etc.) in place.
If a heavy wetter changes are going to have to be made more frequent otherwise a plastic moisture proof type panty is going to be needed
and that is not going to lend itself to being cool at all. Plastic panty = miniature sauna.
The only other factor to consider is the bulk of diaper - wearing construction clothes should not be too much of a problem hiding this bulk.

Obviously you can not wear a space age air conditioned suit so to maximize the comfort minimize the diapered area - frequent changes maybe necessary.

I live in Florida, so add humidity to those temps. Definitely only use good premium diapers. As long as they can absorb your sweat then it won't bother you as much. As mentioned, stay hydrated too. This will actually cut down on any pee smell.

Take note, if you wear diapers 24/7 then your body will slowly adapt to the heat and you will sweat less down there. It took me about 3-4 years to adapt, but I had also came from Michigan too.

paddedgrimlin said:
So summer is almost here. I just got a job working mostly outside in a metal fabricating seeing, and i live in wonderful hot Texas. As we know diapers can cause additional sweating moisture etc... Anyone have suggestions or tips for wearing in hot weather conditions?

Well if you are planning on changing while at work, go with something thinner (it'll help some), if not go thick. I'm in Houston and used to work in a flame and plasma metal cutting shop, that's really hot, seen 116 degrees, with 90% humidity. It didn't matter cloth backed or plastic backed, to be honest with you, it's going to suck. just keep as dry as you can and well hydrated.

I live in Texas the majority of the summer and don't have many issues with the heat and diapers. I wear shorts. One diaper I really enjoy and found to hold quite a bit is the Abena Delta Form line of diapers. The hold a surprisingly large amount for being a budget diaper and they are very breathable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back