CPAP users

Status
Not open for further replies.

unitDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I've been using a CPAP for over ten years. At first it was a devastating lifestyle change. Camping, backpacking ect. had always been my joy and escape in life. Now, 2007 tech, camping was impossible. Sucks needing electricity to sleep and it's not something for me where I can say, oh I'll just sleep without it and realize I won't get a good restful night of sleep. Any time I fall asleep without the thing I wake up gasping for breath like I'm dying in an avalanche...every few minutes.

Recently I've purchased a Kodiak system by inergy. Which is "only" twenty pounds. Plus 5 pounds for the CPAP....

Anyways, I've used nasal pillow masks for years and had relatively little issues. Until recently and now it seems the last few months I've been having all kinds of issues.

I don't know this is a good "off-topic" topic...any long time CPAP users out there, evolution of condition and treatment?

unitDL said:
I've been using a CPAP for over ten years. At first it was a devastating lifestyle change. Camping, backpacking ect. had always been my joy and escape in life. Now, 2007 tech, camping was impossible. Sucks needing electricity to sleep and it's not something for me where I can say, oh I'll just sleep without it and realize I won't get a good restful night of sleep. Any time I fall asleep without the thing I wake up gasping for breath like I'm dying in an avalanche...every few minutes.

Recently I've purchased a Kodiak system by inergy. Which is "only" twenty pounds. Plus 5 pounds for the CPAP....

Anyways, I've used nasal pillow masks for years and had relatively little issues. Until recently and now it seems the last few months I've been having all kinds of issues.

I don't know this is a good "off-topic" topic...any long time CPAP users out there, evolution of condition and treatment?
Well when I was on the job I had to use a CPAP then a Bipap I wasn't over weight I was over muscled, when i got maried my neck was 18 1/2 the woman who fitted my uniform said if it got any bigger my only choice was omar the tent maker,that was the largest off the rack shirt ,it was a joke around the house that my wife might have wanted to choke me but couldnt get her hands around my neck , the apnea was discovered by accident because i have major sleep disorders and they cant anylyze your sleep if you dont sleep, then this genetic time bomb exploded ,these days i am just a shadow of myself first it stole my body fat and now its been stealing my muscles i went from 200 pounds of muscle down to 82 and now i am around 120 but with the shrinking of my neck no more "nozzle nose" at night , my sleep pathologist beleives my sleep disorders are linked to my physical condition and if he can figure it out he will get a noble prize in medicine , two other things that helped was a septoplasty,rhinoplasty because the cartlidge in my nose blocked me from breathing thru it(i wore the "jason mask" so it would seal on the sides of my head ) if you go offroading or anything like that you can put a deep cycle battery in a box in the back (sealed agm is best it doesnt out gas) we do it for fire trucks ambulances and cop cars but it will work just fine to power your CPAP during the night and charge it back up in the morning from your alternator.

So yes I wore one for like 15 years ! Now it's just sitting under my bed .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I am over weight now 6'5" 320 ish...but I've always had snoring issues. On both sides of my family, come from world class snorers (did it evolve to keep primitive people safe from wild animals?) When I was a kid I got sent home from a sleep-over because I was the ONLY one who could sleep. They tried rolling me on my stomach and I stayed asleep and still snored.

I don't have a record of my numbers but like most people I didn't sleep well in the sleep study. I got home around 9:30 and went to bed and by 2pm there was a medical supply person at my house. Same day, no phone call. I asked what was going on and they were like...you know when you go to the doctor and they say, there was emergency your appointment got bumped. Well you are the emergency and with the numbers you have .....you could have a heart attack from it any day! And so there it started.

I used to have two deep cycles linked for emergency power outages...with an inverter I'd be lucky to get good sleep before the low power alarms. Now I have a 12 volt cord (Debylliss Auto pap) and with the Kodiak thing there's plenty of power. I don't understand the numbers of trying to figure out how much power have and the draw...but they new system worked awesome when we had extended power outages last month.

But, I find it strange I'm having issues now after using CPAP successfully for so long. I put in an order tonight for new headgear, and new chin strap and will review machine and settings....maybe I accidentally changed some setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back