What's your "Primary" Diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jellyjigger said:
Using BetterDry for comparison as it has been the cheapest ABDL-style diaper in my experience, on Amazon, a case of ATNs with free shipping works out to 74 cents per diaper ($70.95 per case of 96). Betterdry with shipping to me works out to $2.25 per diaper. Maybe you can get them cheaper, but for me one BetterDry costs as much 3 ATNs plus change. Despite BetterDry definitely absorbs, I wouldn't say they absorb more than 3 ATNs. One could also argue its not good to sit in the same super-absorbent diaper all day while it keeps growing and growing, and carry all that weight around. If you take it off before its "used up" early, you're throwing away money. To prevent UTIs, I need to change regularly so I'm not seeing the cost benefit you are. And I believe you when you say it is cheaper for your purposes.

I respect your opinion and I agree that the diapers you listed are great depending on your particular needs. However, I've tried each of these including both Northshore versions (light and overnight) and I still hold firm that their leg gathers leave something to be desired. Granted they are *so* absorbent, you don't need gathers to be spectacular from a functional perspective, but it is a matter of opinion that I like a diaper that has taller gathers that hugs better, no different that the ratio of gather-width to the rest of the diaper size just like the 80s baby diapers Luvs and Huggies. I've found gathers in the brands you listed aren't much different than AwwSoCute, Idyl and SDKs too. I figure if the cheap-by-comparison Attends Poly Briefs in 2018 can make tall and highly elasticised gathers, there must be an ABDL diaper that can. Or not maybe?

Now if I could take the Attends Poly Briefs gathers and put them on an ATN (possibly adding a waistband), you'd have a perfect diaper I'd pay double or triple for.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've actually never heard that and I like to think I keep up with the regular posts here! Unfortunately, sizing is tricky for me because I'm between sizes small and medium; due to the ABDL diapers running bigger than most medical diapers, I find the mediums are already a little big on me on all the versions you listed and my privates still get squished. I'd be swimming in a large and leaking all over the place.

I'm calling BS on that. You can get Betterdry from Northshore. Larges, by the case, break down to $1.58 each ($96 for 60). ATN, also from Northshore cost $1.11 each ($80 for 72). And it cost even more on Amazon, at $1.76 each ($127 for 72).

With staying well hydrated, everyone agrees an ATN will NOT last more than 4 hours. Betterdry can last up to 24 hours, but as you mentioned it's not good to stay in the same diaper for too long. I personally don't go past 12 hours, which is plenty short to avoid rashes or bad smells. So yes, Betterdry WILL absorb more than 3 ATN's will.

So now lets look at the total 24 hour (per day) cost of two Betterdry @ $3.16, and the same 12 hour total cost of six ATN @ $6.66 (which includes having to get up in the middle of the night to change so screw that in itself). That's literally double the cost of Betterdry, proving that ATN is NOT cheap.

Worse still, you actually claim it would be worth double or triple the price if ATN had taller leak guards???? May I suggest you take a class or two in economics...... You need it.

Slomo, I don't feel like I was rude to you nor did I make claims that your opinions aren't warranted or do not matter. I like to think that we are all members of the same community and may be more alike than bickering might suggest. Am I not allowed to point out the absorbency level and price tradeoff that works for "me" buying mediums in an opinion thread? You buy size large; pricing and quantities are going to differ between us.

The math that I use is $70.95 divided by 96 briefs is approximately 0.739, so the only thing to "call BS" on is if you think I'm a liar and didn't pay the price I claimed.

Its sad opposing viewpoints provoke such hateful and judgmental responses from you. I can't help but notice a regular and consistent pattern of a "my way or the highway" attitude from many of your posts making this board a hostile environment. Keeping in mind this is a support forum, I hope the moderators take note of your behavior. At least save your "venom" for situations where it may be warranted, rather than "my diaper is better than yours". End of rant.

I have a few 'main diapers'.
I usually go for the; ID Slip Maxis' with plastic backing.

But those are pretty expensive for a pack of fourteen.
So I also Use the usual ID slips, which is just cloth-backed, and you get 28 diapers for a cheap price.
With that said, I use the ID pants plus too, but that's when I'm diapered up when I am with somebody that mustn't know of my liking of diapers.

Best regards.
-Chris.

Lavenders. They’re the perfect girl diaper.

I wear 24/7 and some may say the pull up isnt a "true diaper", but for me being a professional, i need to be discreet during the day. So I wear a always discreet pull up with tena overnight maxi's during the day, so I can change if i get too wet quietly and and discreetly. But as soon as i get off work in the evening, i change into the tena ultra stretch diapers with tabs. Never had aeak issue ever with them. They fit me perfectly and i can wear pjs over them. But I LOVE being 24/7 diapered.

jellyjigger said:
Slomo, I don't feel like I was rude to you nor did I make claims that your opinions aren't warranted or do not matter. I like to think that we are all members of the same community and may be more alike than bickering might suggest. Am I not allowed to point out the absorbency level and price tradeoff that works for "me" buying mediums in an opinion thread? You buy size large; pricing and quantities are going to differ between us.

The math that I use is $70.95 divided by 96 briefs is approximately 0.739, so the only thing to "call BS" on is if you think I'm a liar and didn't pay the price I claimed.

Its sad opposing viewpoints provoke such hateful and judgmental responses from you. I can't help but notice a regular and consistent pattern of a "my way or the highway" attitude from many of your posts making this board a hostile environment. Keeping in mind this is a support forum, I hope the moderators take note of your behavior. At least save your "venom" for situations where it may be warranted, rather than "my diaper is better than yours". End of rant.

You are most certainly allowed and entitled to make your own opinions. However, when you put them forward as if they are facts- when clearly they are not- then NO, you are not allowed.

By all means, give me a link to amazon where you are buying them for $71 per case. A simple search gives much higher cost results. And that is the reason why I called bull. This isn't "my way" or "venom" as you call it. This is a simple case of verifying the facts.

C'mon Slomo - I preface my claims with "my opinion" and "most people" because we're dealing with stuff that is variable from person to person. I guess we can just agree to disagree. :) Without getting too off-topic, here's the link:

www.amazon.com/Tranquility-All-Through-Night-Disposable-Briefs/dp/B000CSG5TU

It is also a coincidence that I was going to place an order for ATN mediums this weekend anyway. The link above is the one I used when I placed my order earlier in the day. When I go there now, I'm still seeing the same price although I presume its possible to see price variations depending on your geographical location (?). If you care, report back and tell me if you see anything different. Amazon's default pick shows me:

70.95 + Free Shipping
In Stock. Ships from and sold by Engoloids Medical LLC.
Medium - 96 Count
$70.95 ($0.74 / Count)

When I scroll down, I see 3 other choices (NOTE: that Amazon's price is not the cheapest):

$70.96 ($0.74 / Item) + Free Shipping
Sold by: HDIS
Add to Cart

$71.63 ($0.75 / Item) + Free Shipping
Sold by: Elite Medical Distribution
Add to Cart

$119.99 ($1.25 / Item)
& FREE Shipping on eligible orders. Details
Sold by: Amazon.com

Note that HDIS's website price is way more expensive than their Amazon price, probably so they can stay competitive. I see this a lot as Amazon has put the squeeze on many web-based outlets.

I agree that the negativity that Slomo seems to lend to 90% of the posts on here could certainly be done without. In this case you both are correct because one is the price for medium and the other is the price for large. I see the $71 & 74 cents per diaper as well, but larges can't be had for that price, so the point is irrelevant to Slomo since he doesn't fit a medium.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

jellyjigger said:
C'mon Slomo - I preface my claims with "my opinion" and "most people" because we're dealing with stuff that is variable from person to person. I guess we can just agree to disagree. :) Without getting too off-topic, here's the link:

www.amazon.com/Tranquility-All-Through-Night-Disposable-Briefs/dp/B000CSG5TU

It is also a coincidence that I was going to place an order for ATN mediums this weekend anyway. The link above is the one I used when I placed my order earlier in the day. When I go there now, I'm still seeing the same price although I presume its possible to see price variations depending on your geographical location (?). If you care, report back and tell me if you see anything different. Amazon's default pick shows me:

70.95 + Free Shipping
In Stock. Ships from and sold by Engoloids Medical LLC.
Medium - 96 Count
$70.95 ($0.74 / Count)

When I scroll down, I see 3 other choices (NOTE: that Amazon's price is not the cheapest):

$70.96 ($0.74 / Item) + Free Shipping
Sold by: HDIS
Add to Cart

$71.63 ($0.75 / Item) + Free Shipping
Sold by: Elite Medical Distribution
Add to Cart

$119.99 ($1.25 / Item)
& FREE Shipping on eligible orders. Details
Sold by: Amazon.com

Note that HDIS's website price is way more expensive than their Amazon price, probably so they can stay competitive. I see this a lot as Amazon has put the squeeze on many web-based outlets.

Ok, I see now the first link that came up was not the cheapest. So lets look at it with just $0.74 each. Again comparing the same well hydrated level, you would still need no less than 6 changes per day, so that comes to $4.44 per day. Certainly not bad, and if that's what you prefer then stick with it.

My whole point though, it's STILL not as inexpensive as Betterdry's $3.16 per day. So again, ATN is NOT the cheapest. Go back to school and take that economics class. You really need it.

Ps. Look back at your own post. You did not say those prices you gave were your opinion, or for most people. You put it down as if they were facts. Completely false and purposely misleading. I stand by calling your numbers as bs simply because I've debunked them twice now. Just quit while you're behind.

I think someone needs a timeout.

Mine is abu simple plastic backed scented .very absorbant.

Dork said:
I think someone needs a timeout.

No, it's ok. Jellygiggler and Fascinating have both already been corrected. I have no hard feelings from their misinformation, and their wrongs have been righted. All is good now.

Personally, I like ABU's diapers. Right now my go-tos are Cushies, Kiddo and LittlePawz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back