What's your "Primary" Diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently Seni quatro for night and Abena l2 or Seni super for day

Crinklez

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

For me sdks for daytime and kiddos for night time.. the front waistband on kiddos are great because I’m a tummy sleeper and my “mommy” likes the owls. �� heh I like safaris too but the cost for a full half case of sdks and kiddos is unbeatable in my opinion.

My "Primary" Is homemade cloth diapers, I like it because It only uses one towel, and hides under clothes easy

I wear Huggies Overnites size 6 with a special mod most. They are the most absorbent of all baby diapers/pull-ups, with a really nice design. Also, Little Movers Slip-On diaper pants size 6 with double side extenders scissored from other slip-ons (a mod thats easy to do). A bit low rise, but better absorbency than pull-ups or goodnites imo. Easy ups are nice with a special mod too

ABU little Pawz, occasionally with a booster

Tranquility ATN are my primary, having the best plastic-backed feel/crinkle along with the best absorbency - although slightly less than Abena M4's. I like the new Attends Poly Briefs (plastic-backed) when I don't want the bulge for the crinkle and elastic gathers that actually hug. I have made a point to try ABDL diapers lately and while absorbency is never an issue, I don't gravitate towards them because I find them too bulky b/c as they grow wetter, my "privates" get smashed by the expanding padding. Also if anyone can point out an ABDL diaper that had elastic gathers that actually work, I'd love to try it! Every ABDL diaper I've tried thus far has worse gathers than the cheapest medical grade ones (Covidiens).

I use NS Supremes size medium with a booster during the day, and Crinklz size large with a single/double booster at night. NorthShore has a great lineup of products!

The Supremes wick amazingly and absorb rapidly, and the sheer capacity of the Crinklz (especially one size up relatively) makes it great for nighttime protection!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My go to diaper is the forsite am/pm. Then Abu space and they are tied with dc idyl the baby blue diapers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Any of ABUs 2 tape vintage style but primarily SDKs which I hope to change to Kiddos once they are regularly in stock.

jellyjigger said:
Tranquility ATN are my primary, having the best plastic-backed feel/crinkle along with the best absorbency - although slightly less than Abena M4's. I like the new Attends Poly Briefs (plastic-backed) when I don't want the bulge for the crinkle and elastic gathers that actually hug. I have made a point to try ABDL diapers lately and while absorbency is never an issue, I don't gravitate towards them because I find them too bulky b/c as they grow wetter, my "privates" get smashed by the expanding padding. Also if anyone can point out an ABDL diaper that had elastic gathers that actually work, I'd love to try it! Every ABDL diaper I've tried thus far has worse gathers than the cheapest medical grade ones (Covidiens).

ATN is hardly cheap. And many of us have recommended good diapers with leak guards. They are Confidry 24/7, Northshore Supreme, and Betterdry/Crinklz.

The whole too tight when wet issue has been amply covered too. You need to wear one pant size larger to allow for enough room to accommodate the diaper.

The diaper I wear 90% of the time is the plastic-backed Abena-Abriform M4.

They are comfortable, fit perfectly, never leaks unexpectedly, and just... work.

I like the Tena slip ultima or a maxi slip 🙂

Molicare. They're very absorbent and well designed but they're so well designed you don't feel like you're wearing a wet diaper (which for me is mainly why I use a diaper) until its very wet indeed, by which time it gets very heavy. Another lesson from my unsuccessful attempt to wear/use for 24 hours.

My main diaper are the drynites are the ones that better me

ATN is hardly cheap.

Using BetterDry for comparison as it has been the cheapest ABDL-style diaper in my experience, on Amazon, a case of ATNs with free shipping works out to 74 cents per diaper ($70.95 per case of 96). Betterdry with shipping to me works out to $2.25 per diaper. Maybe you can get them cheaper, but for me one BetterDry costs as much 3 ATNs plus change. Despite BetterDry definitely absorbs, I wouldn't say they absorb more than 3 ATNs. One could also argue its not good to sit in the same super-absorbent diaper all day while it keeps growing and growing, and carry all that weight around. If you take it off before its "used up" early, you're throwing away money. To prevent UTIs, I need to change regularly so I'm not seeing the cost benefit you are. And I believe you when you say it is cheaper for your purposes.

And many of us have recommended good diapers with leak guards. They are Confidry 24/7, Northshore Supreme, and Betterdry/Crinklz.

I respect your opinion and I agree that the diapers you listed are great depending on your particular needs. However, I've tried each of these including both Northshore versions (light and overnight) and I still hold firm that their leg gathers leave something to be desired. Granted they are *so* absorbent, you don't need gathers to be spectacular from a functional perspective, but it is a matter of opinion that I like a diaper that has taller gathers that hugs better, no different that the ratio of gather-width to the rest of the diaper size just like the 80s baby diapers Luvs and Huggies. I've found gathers in the brands you listed aren't much different than AwwSoCute, Idyl and SDKs too. I figure if the cheap-by-comparison Attends Poly Briefs in 2018 can make tall and highly elasticised gathers, there must be an ABDL diaper that can. Or not maybe?

Now if I could take the Attends Poly Briefs gathers and put them on an ATN (possibly adding a waistband), you'd have a perfect diaper I'd pay double or triple for.

The whole too tight when wet issue has been amply covered too. You need to wear one pant size larger to allow for enough room to accommodate the diaper.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've actually never heard that and I like to think I keep up with the regular posts here! Unfortunately, sizing is tricky for me because I'm between sizes small and medium; due to the ABDL diapers running bigger than most medical diapers, I find the mediums are already a little big on me on all the versions you listed and my privates still get squished. I'd be swimming in a large and leaking all over the place.

My primary diaper right now is ABU Simple, but only because they were out of plastic Preschools when I ordered. I'm a DL, so I don't really go for the designs, but I love everything else about the Preschool diaper.

Crinklz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back