Is this normal when peeing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
You know when you start peeing in your nappy and your sphincter clenches shut momentarily and stops the flow, you then loosen your sphincter muscle, Is it normal that you start peeing straight away very little effort like pee is sitting right at the end of you urethra and that clench relax hasn't really hold back the flow although it stopped you from leaking? This happens even when I have a little bit of pee left in my bladder. Its hard to explain.

Whats it like for you when you have unconsciously clench your sphincter? Do you have to concentrate to pee again and on release do you continue peeing without no effort?

I had the same problem, and you're screwed. It is called detruson sphincter dyssynergia. Whenever I started to pee, my sphincter would automatically clench down at the first sign of leaking or purposeful peeing.

Eventually the muscle just wouldn't let up either, and I had to strain and push to pee. With time that caused a few near fatal problems for me. I ended up going through TWELVE surgeries to open my urethra back up again.

No don't think its detruson sphincter dyssynergia. . I have been keeping my sphincter completely relaxed at all times and peeing at the slightest urge. This results in little dribbles and gushes. Sometimes it clenches shut involuntary when wetting, not very often at all only if I'm wetting and getting up from a sitting position it involuntary clenches momentarily but when I unclench I continue peeing instantly and freely like the clench hasn't really hold anything back. Now when I do involuntary clench it feels weird because I'm so used to being open all the time.

bobbilly said:
You know when you start peeing in your nappy and your sphincter clenches shut momentarily and stops the flow, you then loosen your sphincter muscle, Is it normal that you start peeing straight away very little effort like pee is sitting right at the end of you urethra and that clench relax hasn't really hold back the flow although it stopped you from leaking? This happens even when I have a little bit of pee left in my bladder. Its hard to explain.

Whats it like for you when you have unconsciously clench your sphincter? Do you have to concentrate to pee again and on release do you continue peeing without no effort?

I think what you're describing is just pee anxiety. If you're concerned, your best bet is to see a GP or Urologist.

Well, I hope you guys are right. That's how I started out (though also with urges), and it did not go well for me.

It could also just be your mind doing this. A subconscious response to the try and keep you from making a mess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

First of all let me say how sorry I am to hear about your problem and all the surgeries Slomo.

Second, I know when I go pee, either in front of the toilet or in my diaper I always start then guess my sphincter shuts me off momentarily. I then relax and let it flow. I can understand it happening in a diaper since it is somewhat an abnormal situation, but standing in front of the toilet which I've done all my life is weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back