Status
Not open for further replies.
Schwanensee said:
I am currently actually making myself a cloth diaper! Since I won't actually use it, just wear it, I didn't really have to keep absorbency or a waterproof outer shell in mind, so I just went to a fabric store and browsed the kid's section. They had so many cute designs! My favourite were: Turtles, soft teddy bears, colourful teddy bears, circus animals and penguins. In the end, I went with the circus animals, since it had a blue background and I kinda wanted a blue fabric. For the inside I'm using a really soft material that I don't know the english name of, but I also used it to make some inserts for added waddles.
This time, I'm making a kind of pocket pull-up diaper, but I might at some point make one with snaps (in my fabric store they sell metal snaps that are super strong, so i shouldn't have an issue with them coming undone, and I don't like velcro). It's somewhat high-rise since that's the most comfortable for me. I forgot to buy elastic, so I'll do that tomorrow, and then it will finally be finished!

Why not just make it a diaper shell so you can wear it over the disposables?

I would make an adult version of the Barney Luvs that they used to make. I loved those

Borya said:
Why not just make it a diaper shell so you can wear it over the disposables?

Because I don't wear disposables either^^ I don't like using diapers in any form, and I have an issue with creating so much trash just by wearing them, so I made this one to simulate the feeling of a diaper because they are comfy! But I guess it could still be used as a diaper cover without the inserts if needed...

- - - Updated - - -

pgfdp said:
I would make an adult version of the Barney Luvs that they used to make. I loved those

I think ABU used to make a overnight diaper that had a dinosaur and a number 8 on the front sticker 10 years ago.

bigtoddler96 said:
- - - Updated - - -

I think ABU used to make a overnight diaper that had a dinosaur and a number 8 on the front sticker 10 years ago.

Yes the original ABU did something like that, I think the company has been under management from 3 people at 3 different points in time

1st was the original owners; they sold it to the 2nd owners; whom eventually took a lot of orders and ran with the money and then the remains was bought and turned into the great company they are now.

Venesha said:
I've never been a fan of the stickers much, they just look cheap. I'd much rather it be part of the diaper. I'd also like it if the diaper itself had color. All white is ok but you get bored of it and need some variety.

As far as the characters go I think there's more to it than just adding eyelashes and bows. If the original intent of the character wasn't to be feminine then modifying it to look that way is just going to be a lazy solution. They'd end up looking like drag queens I think.

I know it sounds kind of oddball but even the choice of "animal" can play into the femininity of the diaper. It's hard to explain without having something to compare it too that's why I'm trying to make a mock up design.
A good example is the Cadburys caramel bunny ozzing female sex appeal a great animated advertisement!
A good point well made Venesha! thankyou!

I would probably just scale up a baby diaper and run with it. Make the tapes extra wide and have it sag proportionally to what it would be like on a baby. I want to feel like I'm swimming in it but not having it be overbearing.

Themanswifesman said:
I would probably just scale up a baby diaper and run with it. Make the tapes extra wide and have it sag proportionally to what it would be like on a baby. I want to feel like I'm swimming in it but not having it be overbearing.

Sounds good to me! which brand?

Plastic backed but with hook and loop tapes, medium waisted (never liked the high rise stuff) and as for the print... I really like something similar to those dollar tree diapers. Angel of Mine I think they're called? I'll attach a picture. (Not my own) And while I love baby Loonie Toons I'd probably want other copyright kids show characters assuming copyright doesn't matter in this scenario.

Older cartoons like... Clifford the Big Red Dog, Blue's Clues, Between the Lions, Dragon Tales, Sesame Street, Winnie the Pooh and so on as well as new cartoons like Paw Patrol and The Lion Guard.maxresdefault(1).jpg

I would love some Disney designs, preferably in baby versions of the characters.

Sheepies said:
Plastic backed but with hook and loop tapes, medium waisted (never liked the high rise stuff) and as for the print... I really like something similar to those dollar tree diapers. Angel of Mine I think they're called? I'll attach a picture. (Not my own) And while I love baby Loonie Toons I'd probably want other copyright kids show characters assuming copyright doesn't matter in this scenario.

Older cartoons like... Clifford the Big Red Dog, Blue's Clues, Between the Lions, Dragon Tales, Sesame Street, Winnie the Pooh and so on as well as new cartoons like Paw Patrol and The Lion Guard.View attachment 30686

Iv never seen them befor they are cute and i like your idea of mixed cartoons awesome! thanks for your post and pic!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice! what back ground, white or coloured?
I like your avatar lol

Based on my idea on pg 1 of this topic, I'd like to put Simpson's characters, dogs and cats, super hero's, etc...designs that would appeal to older kids to young adults. I would also use velcro tabs.

Last edited:
Should all diapers be a certain color, instead of white? Do you think it’s more cool to pee and poop in a blue/pink diaper than doing both in a white diaper?

michaelmc said:
Iv never seen them befor they are cute and i like your idea of mixed cartoons awesome! thanks for your post and pic!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice! what back ground, white or coloured?
I like your avatar lol
Thank you! And not sure, I suppose it depends on what cartoon is on them and what looks better for the design.

Specialty Market:

For me, I like plain outer but shiny = tougher plastic. My dream diaper would have no sections that were not padded. very strong tapes that would be longer (On all diapers I use I cut off the skirting or whatever it's called.) They would be twice as thick as an Abena L4, or dry 24, and would go higher up waist..... and while dreaming I'd love buttons to allow suspenders attatchment into cloth onsie to allow better distribution / hold up weight.... These would be designed for special use where a change may not be possible for 16 hours.

bigtoddler96 said:
Should all diapers be a certain color, instead of white? Do you think it’s more cool to pee and poop in a blue/pink diaper than doing both in a white diaper?

Colour dosnt matter realy but some people like the coloured backgrounds and big or small prints

- - - Updated - - -

Thats what this thread is all about, what would you prefer in your design what would you have on your diaper and if you feel artistic design and upload your design.

unitDL said:
Specialty Market:

For me, I like plain outer but shiny = tougher plastic. My dream diaper would have no sections that were not padded. very strong tapes that would be longer (On all diapers I use I cut off the skirting or whatever it's called.) They would be twice as thick as an Abena L4, or dry 24, and would go higher up waist..... and while dreaming I'd love buttons to allow suspenders attatchment into cloth onsie to allow better distribution / hold up weight.... These would be designed for special use where a change may not be possible for 16 hours.
You missed the point of the thread its to design a diaper print ie; pictures,colours,patterns but you did put a lot of thought into it!
Thanks for your reply!

12srepaid said:
Based on my idea on pg 1 of this topic, I'd like to put Simpson's characters, dogs and cats, super hero's, etc...designs that would appeal to older kids to young adults. I would also use velcro tabs.

Yes like the nightime pull ups have Spiderman,Power rangers on

How about some classics like Sonic the Hedgehog or Super Mario maybe even Pokemon?

michaelmc said:
How about some classics like Sonic the Hedgehog or Super Mario maybe even Pokemon?

Those sound good as well. Just something suitable for older kids, teens, and even young adults that may still need diapers for whatever reason. There is no reason whh they should be left out, and get only lousy medical diapers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back