Pampers

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelmc

Little Girl trapped in a mans body ... let's play!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
Having used Pampers (as liner)i know how good their new channeld diapers are at spreading the wetness,so why dont they use the same princeble in adult diapers?its just osmosis drawing the wetness to front and back of the nappy in tubes of SAP.:educate: Thoughts please

it's the same reason that we don't get the newest tech used for making any adult diaper, MONEY! there's more to be made in the baby market (though that may change as the baby boomers get older)

When you equate the price per nappy of adult versus child an adult nappy is very expensive,but if its the very best quality people would pay for them.
May be Pampers have copy writted it but can you copy write osmosis? because thats what it is!
Thanks for your input.

Patents usually. A lot of diaper tech is patented by the companies that use them, so like, Luvs system for wicking is going to be different than Pampers, etc. That's why Adult Diapers always seem to be a decade or more behind Baby Diapers, we're always waiting for the patents to run out, especially because the parent companies of the baby diaper brands who also make adult diapers are marketing to people who are more than happy to sacrifice function or quality for the minor reassurance that someone might not recognize the product on them, so using their baby diaper patents are often directly antithetical to their marketing goals.

On the bright side though, I'm given to understand a lot of the patents are set to expire soon, so rather than say, when Bambino had to reverse engineer their own version of the hook and loop taping system used on modern baby diapers, the tech will be available to competitors, including the AB companies. I'm not a legal expert of course by any means, but that's my understanding of it.

michaelmc said:
Having used Pampers (as liner)i know how good their new channeld diapers are at spreading the wetness,so why dont they use the same princeble in adult diapers?its just osmosis drawing the wetness to front and back of the nappy in tubes of SAP.:educate: Thoughts please

For the same reason why depends was the only adult diaper that a waist band for so long. The same reason why so few adult diapers have three tapes. And the same reason why there was such a problem with all the manufacturers adding sap to their diaper when it first came out.

Copyright laws that allow the first manufacturer to hord their technology and prevent anyone else from using it. Simply put, greed.

Adult diapers typically don’t get the newest features in baby diapers for some time. For example, it was two or three years after super absorbent polymers were introduced for baby diapers before adult diapers began to incorporate the same feature.

It's my personal belief that trying to stay competitive with the baby market is a hopeless cause for adult diapers. Baby diaper companies have to stay competitive with each other since they have a much larger market. When they re-invent the wheel they have the opportunity to advertise a better diaper because of "dry-lock technology" and "three absorption channels" but the brass tacks of it is they havn't really changed what the diaper does, just how it does it. There is a thousand ways to cook spaghetti but at the end of the day it's still spaghetti.

For us I think the most important factor is the diaper just has to work. Why waste a ton of money mimicking what a baby diaper does to a much much smaller clientele when there are already great products out there that suit our needs. Would it be cool if we had super sized baby diapers that were pound for pound the same? Hell yes, but I think the cost would be astronomical and the selection limited. I'm not a person who enjoys fabric backed diapers like modern day pampers, huggies, and loves. I like all my diapers to be plastic backed. I find greater security in plastic backed and I don't hide from being in diapers so the noise doesn't bother me either. (in the summer it sucks a little bit). So plastic backed exact mock up of a baby diaper is probably a dream that will stay a dream.

There is probably a thousand reasons baby companies went to fabric backed. The environment, cost, its probably cheaper to print patterns on fabric. If you really thing about it look at 80's and 90's diapers that were plastic backed. Mostly all white or a solid color and the prints where on a tape landing zone. I love all over print diapers but getting that all on plastic has got to be more expensive than printing on semi fabric. If people who wear underwear can get them in different patterns and colors and my underwear just happens to be a diaper I think it should come in patterns and colors to.

But more importantly, the diaper has to work. The last thing that an incontinent should have to think about when they already are trying to build confidence in themselves is "is my diaper going to leak". The balance of trust. You have to trust your diaper.

Just a thought.

babyblueblanket said:
It's my personal belief that trying to stay competitive with the baby market is a hopeless cause for adult diapers. Baby diaper companies have to stay competitive with each other since they have a much larger market. When they re-invent the wheel they have the opportunity to advertise a better diaper because of "dry-lock technology" and "three absorption channels" but the brass tacks of it is they havn't really changed what the diaper does, just how it does it. There is a thousand ways to cook spaghetti but at the end of the day it's still spaghetti.

For us I think the most important factor is the diaper just has to work. Why waste a ton of money mimicking what a baby diaper does to a much much smaller clientele when there are already great products out there that suit our needs. Would it be cool if we had super sized baby diapers that were pound for pound the same? Hell yes, but I think the cost would be astronomical and the selection limited. I'm not a person who enjoys fabric backed diapers like modern day pampers, huggies, and loves. I like all my diapers to be plastic backed. I find greater security in plastic backed and I don't hide from being in diapers so the noise doesn't bother me either. (in the summer it sucks a little bit). So plastic backed exact mock up of a baby diaper is probably a dream that will stay a dream.

There is probably a thousand reasons baby companies went to fabric backed. The environment, cost, its probably cheaper to print patterns on fabric. If you really thing about it look at 80's and 90's diapers that were plastic backed. Mostly all white or a solid color and the prints where on a tape landing zone. I love all over print diapers but getting that all on plastic has got to be more expensive than printing on semi fabric. If people who wear underwear can get them in different patterns and colors and my underwear just happens to be a diaper I think it should come in patterns and colors to.

But more importantly, the diaper has to work. The last thing that an incontinent should have to think about when they already are trying to build confidence in themselves is "is my diaper going to leak". The balance of trust. You have to trust your diaper.

Just a thought.
f you have tried the Pampers you will know the benefits of the channals,with ordinary diapers there is an area front and back left dry and untouched while the crotch gets saturated its the channals that distribute the urine to these areas thus keeping the diaper from getting saturated .

- - - Updated - - -

It also helps the diaper keep its shape and aviod clumping and side leakage, that would be a big bonus for any adult i think!
Thank you for your reply to my post and your input.

babyblueblanket said:

Just a thought.
Do you know there's a thousend ways to skin a cat?

Ha ha ha just joking!

Anyways, thanks for your thought on this.

Sent from my Rockchip RK3288 Chromebook using Tapatalk

I have always loved pampers since i was a kid.i love the feel and smell of pampers.when i use a cheaper diaper i like to use a pamper as a liner.the closest thing to a pamper is an abu simple or abu preschool plastic. They are thick and come scented for an extra charge.when you put baby powder in the diaper it completes the whole pampers feel and smell.:).

I think soon we will have adult diapers with that too[/QUOTE] I hope so it woul help a lot! Thank you.

tidalk said:
Its confirmed here: https://www.nonwovens-industry.com/...nnovation-is-alive-and-well-in-private-label/

That the three tubes will arrive adult diapers in mid 2018.
Belgium-based Drylock Technologies, which invented the fluffless diaper six years ago, continues to be at the forefront of hygiene innovation. Its latest development is a diaper with a three-channel core. The technology, called Magical Tubes, offers faster acquisition and better distribution. And, as more liquid goes inside the core, the tubes pull the diaper closer to the body, curving it for a tighter fit, according to Bart Van Malderen, Drylock’s founder and CEO.

iiiinteresting idea...

bambinod said:
iiiinteresting idea...

The new Pampers baby dry already do that.

michaelmc said:

When i wrote this i had no idea how well it would be recieved and the info is great thanks!
What should come next in adult diapers do you think?

bambinod said:
iiiinteresting idea...

I like the sound of the "pulls the diaper closer to the body" bit cant wait to try it, thanks bambinod!

michaelmc said:
i will be first in line to try! Lol

Any idea what brand will be first to utillise this three tube inovation?
Clumping will be a thing of the past as you never get clumping in the Pampers with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back