Hemp plastic diapers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebear687

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I sometimes feel really guilty about using disposable diapers and them landing up in land fills! I'm very big about not helping to pollute the environment. So I was thinking since you can make a plastic like substance out of hemp oil. Even cars have been made out of hemp and stronger than many materials. I thought why not use the hemp plastic for the outside layer of the disposable diaper? This way it will be completely biodegradable and we won't have to worry about them not breaking down in landfills! They still be just as strong or stronger as regular plastic backed disposable diapers! What are your guys/gals thoughts?

Id be down to make and use those. But would they cost more?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Rcramere said:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think so but only problem is the government had to lift restrictions on hemp growing.

I'll smoke to that!

The idea would grow on me.

I sometimes put nappies (diapers) in my compost, if you search the net "nappies in compost" you will find a whole host of interestig articals.The trick is to keep turning it over as they need oxygen to break down.

Don't feel so bad about that. Diapers are made from oil/carbon that comes from the ground. They are almost always disposed of properly and end up back in the ground too. This is very much carbon sequestering, which is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back