Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Working on moving out has brought a need for goals for the in-between. I was thinking. If I moved out, I would need supplies. Pots, pans, plates and silverware. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Since my last move has things like this in place already. So I would like know more about what I could possibly need.

I got a lot of stuff second hand from the free sites and car boot and garage sales charity shops thrift shops to get me started then i got better stuff as time went on.
If you have family and friends to help you then all the better...good luck!

When I bought my house, I took very little with me. Was amazed at how much misc stuff you don't think about but quickly notice when you don't have.

That said, while there is a tonne of stuff you'll want to buy eventually, you can get by with the bare basics for a long time. Some dishes and basic cookware is a priority, as is a microwave imo. You'll also need bedding and towels and all that. Pretty much everything else you can live without and buy as it comes up (or as you can afford it).

First year I lived in my place was interesting due to a combination of being single, really busy with work (and just in general), and having an odd set of priorities. I spent like $4000 on a nice bed, kitchen table, and some kitchen stuff.. then proceeded just keep an open trash bag in the corner because I couldn't be bothered to go buy a $15 garbage can.

BoundCoder said:
When I bought my house, I took very little with me. Was amazed at how much misc stuff you don't think about but quickly notice when you don't have.

That said, while there is a tonne of stuff you'll want to buy eventually, you can get by with the bare basics for a long time. Some dishes and basic cookware is a priority, as is a microwave imo. You'll also need bedding and towels and all that. Pretty much everything else you can live without and buy as it comes up (or as you can afford it).

First year I lived in my place was interesting due to a combination of being single, really busy with work (and just in general), and having an odd set of priorities. I spent like $4000 on a nice bed, kitchen table, and some kitchen stuff.. then proceeded just keep an open trash bag in the corner because I couldn't be bothered to go buy a $15 garbage can.

I got the bed covered already and bedding. Although I didn't remember towels. That's a decent idea to go with so far.

When I first moved out on my own I brought with me a bed, desser, table, and two chairs. Along with all my clothes. I had about $500 saved up, but that got quickly eaten up by staying in a hotel for a few days, and for my deposit on a small appartment when I was able to find a move in ready one that fit my meager budget.

I started with plastic ware and ramen noodles. Save the cup, and that takes care of needing plates, bowls, and cups for other food. (Or seriously just eat off of a clean counter). Over a few months I just built up what I truly needed from the local good will. But starting out, it's surprising how little you really need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back