Little Clothing

So, I tried my hand at a bubble romper/ rumba pants kinda thing. This one is definitely not unisex, but I still love it! The only problem I have with this one is that I can't let my mum see it. Everything else I've made is still kinda acceptable as slightly eccentric adult clothing, but not this one ^^"

Do you guys thing something like this but without the ruffles (and not pink) would be more suited to a boy? I still think the bubble bottom style is more girly, but I've also seen some guys say the would love something like this as "Little boy" clothing.
P_20180415_110427.jpgP_20180415_110406.jpg

I was thinking some feetie pajama's I always have trouble finding those for adults

This is hard. "Little" clothing is something I want and will buy. I buy it on ebay and etsy. I have negotiated with makers of little boy's overalls to make me a pair. This produced a lovely result at the highest price I have ever paid for any ABDL garment. I have also returned overalls to some one who sells ABDL clothes tthat didn't fit, and had them fixed by sellers; they couldn't possibly have made any money on my order, but did the right thing to be honest. This market is hard.

Have you thought od "play shorts" with the plastic pantie sewn right in at the waist?
ORRR... "Big girl" skirts/"Big boy"/"big girl" dress slacks with DISCREAT snaps in the inseams and lined in vinyl plastic (So that a leaky diaper wont ruin them)?

I have two onesies from BigTot on Etsy, one with a dinosaur pattern and one with a cars and trucks pattern (which I'm actually wearing right now). I love them. I also have two pairs of footed pajamas that are both super warm and fuzzy!

DL49 said:
I was thinking some feetie pajama's I always have trouble finding those for adults

I like the look of them, but I overheat very quickly. Maybe if I made one out of thin jersey, but otherwise it would just be too warm.

bobbyboy said:
This is hard. "Little" clothing is something I want and will buy. I buy it on ebay and etsy. I have negotiated with makers of little boy's overalls to make me a pair. This produced a lovely result at the highest price I have ever paid for any ABDL garment. I have also returned overalls to some one who sells ABDL clothes tthat didn't fit, and had them fixed by sellers; they couldn't possibly have made any money on my order, but did the right thing to be honest. This market is hard.

Yeah, of you're working with high-quality materials, things can get very expensive. I usually buy fabric when the store is having a sale and try to keep things simple so i don't need all these extra materials...

ESPF said:
Have you thought od "play shorts" with the plastic pantie sewn right in at the waist?
ORRR... "Big girl" skirts/"Big boy"/"big girl" dress slacks with DISCREAT snaps in the inseams and lined in vinyl plastic (So that a leaky diaper wont ruin them)?

I don't actually wear diapers, so the vinyl would probably just make me sweaty^^" For that reason pants with snaps aren't really that useful to me either, though I love the idea of them! I have even thought of making a pair of shorts with snaps just for fun, but on the other hand they would be kinda redundant. What exactly do you mean by "big girl" skirts?

BabyMozart said:
I have two onesies from BigTot on Etsy, one with a dinosaur pattern and one with a cars and trucks pattern (which I'm actually wearing right now). I love them. I also have two pairs of footed pajamas that are both super warm and fuzzy!

I searched for that store online and oh my god that is everything I want in life! The long sleeved onesies, the training pants, the ruffle sleeves, the stuffed animals! They are now my inspiration!
I actually made a onesie with dinosaurs for myself, but it's black and white, so maybe not quite as childish. Still, dinos!

I kind of want to make a more childish light jacket for this warmer weather we're having now, but I don't really know how to go about it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Schwanensee said:
So, I tried my hand at a bubble romper/ rumba pants kinda thing. This one is definitely not unisex, but I still love it! The only problem I have with this one is that I can't let my mum see it. Everything else I've made is still kinda acceptable as slightly eccentric adult clothing, but not this one ^^"

Do you guys thing something like this but without the ruffles (and not pink) would be more suited to a boy? I still think the bubble bottom style is more girly, but I've also seen some guys say the would love something like this as "Little boy" clothing.
View attachment 30812View attachment 30813

Oh wow that is really cute, very adorable and good craftsmanship.

As you know from some of my previous posts on this thread, I really would love an outfit like that and yes I totally think a design with more gender neutral colours, think pastel blues or yellows and minus the ruffles would be a great baby boy outfit. I want one *pouts*

I think it's funny you find the bubble style to be more girly, when I see a bubble romper or anything rounded it automatically says baby to me. I love my cartoon print onesies, my bonnet and my bib, but I would really love a slightly more ornate piece of baby boy clothing not too much unlike the style of garment you posted here.

I find that Privatina and Patapoom both feature some gorgeous "little" clothing... Privatina I won't be ordering from for a while, because they charge hundreds of euros and even more dollars for their stuff, shipping notwithstanding. Patapoom, from what I hear, collects money and doesn't ship items. But if you have a tailor's thumb, their patterns are very simple and beautiful, I'm sure you'll find something you like within their pages.

Levy said:
That's a nice bubble romper you've made! And yeah it's pretty obvious that this is something adults normally wouldn't wear^^
I think without the ruffles and in a different color it could be suitable for a boy. However, it is probably nothing what a little boy would wear (I mean an actual male toddler). Maybe that's more a Sissy thing or for a boy who wants to be girly? I don't know (no offence)!

Just some (odd) thoughts: You could make one with different layers out of different materials with different colors in a way that you can distinguish the layers. Maybe with wide sleeves on wrist high so that you can easily hide your hands in the sleeves. If you want to make an animal like jacket you could add some details to it like ears to the hood or some special pockets. You could also integrate a hidden pocket for a paci or a little item.
You mentioned earlier that you've made a something out of a blankie. Maybe you can make a jacket out of a blankie? :D
The blanket-jacket thing might get a bit too warm for what I have in mind...but maybe for next winter! The hidden pocket thing is a nice idea :)
Poofybutt said:
Oh wow that is really cute, very adorable and good craftsmanship.

As you know from some of my previous posts on this thread, I really would love an outfit like that and yes I totally think a design with more gender neutral colours, think pastel blues or yellows and minus the ruffles would be a great baby boy outfit. I want one *pouts*

I think it's funny you find the bubble style to be more girly, when I see a bubble romper or anything rounded it automatically says baby to me. I love my cartoon print onesies, my bonnet and my bib, but I would really love a slightly more ornate piece of baby boy clothing not too much unlike the style of garment you posted here.

Yup, you were the one who gave me the idea^^ They are actually very inexpensive to make, this one cost me about 12 Euros in total, so I really don't understand the high prices on the market...granted, my design is pretty simple and I used a cheaper cotton material, but even the more expensive baby fabrics don't cost more than 20 Euros per metre plus some elastic for the waist and legs.

By girly I mean baby-girly, so I guess on that part we can agree^^ I don't know, I'm not super well-versed in baby fashion, but I think around here, something like this would be more commonly seen on a baby girl than a boy. Maybe that's different in...(quickly stalks your profile) Canada, who knows^^ Maybe that's also because most bubble rompers I saw in my search for reference pictures were more like a dress in style?
Well...actually...now that I think about it:How do you feel about bubble rompers that go all the way up to the neck in the front and back, but not on the sides, and have buttons on the shoulders? Maybe with a whale or a hedgehog sewn onto the chest, and contrasting bias tape around the top edges?

FatherGoose said:
I find that Privatina and Patapoom both feature some gorgeous "little" clothing... Privatina I won't be ordering from for a while, because they charge hundreds of euros and even more dollars for their stuff, shipping notwithstanding. Patapoom, from what I hear, collects money and doesn't ship items. But if you have a tailor's thumb, their patterns are very simple and beautiful, I'm sure you'll find something you like within their pages.

Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you! That is so much my style, you wouldn't even believe. The Privatina onesie dresses look super cute! Super expensive, as well, but I'm sure I can make them myself. They just look so soft and not overdone, but rather very authentically babyish!

Schwanensee said:
Yup, you were the one who gave me the idea^^ They are actually very inexpensive to make, this one cost me about 12 Euros in total, so I really don't understand the high prices on the market...granted, my design is pretty simple and I used a cheaper cotton material, but even the more expensive baby fabrics don't cost more than 20 Euros per metre plus some elastic for the waist and legs.

By girly I mean baby-girly, so I guess on that part we can agree^^ I don't know, I'm not super well-versed in baby fashion, but I think around here, something like this would be more commonly seen on a baby girl than a boy. Maybe that's different in...(quickly stalks your profile) Canada, who knows^^ Maybe that's also because most bubble rompers I saw in my search for reference pictures were more like a dress in style?
Well...actually...now that I think about it:How do you feel about bubble rompers that go all the way up to the neck in the front and back, but not on the sides, and have buttons on the shoulders? Maybe with a whale or a hedgehog sewn onto the chest, and contrasting bias tape around the top edges?

Glad I gave you the idea. I see where you are coming from with the baby girl thing, after a brief search there are quite a few more girly designed/themed bubble rompers online than ones that are boy themed, but there are a few, take this for instance:

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/535...68be3f61a915692d3a9f97e58240b5c6f0c:535775000

I think it's a bubble romper design and I love pooh bear :)

In answer to your question, the outfit you described sounds wonderful especially with a cartoon whale on the front. If you are ever thinking of making something like that or if you ever decide to go into business send me a message, I'll be your first customer. I would love a cute baby boy outfit like the one you describe.

Also, I agree with you 20 euros is cheap, why do they have to charge like upwards of a hundred dollars US for outfits like that. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that many of them are custom jobs, but still.

Nice - but caution the crotch closing has actual buttons and not snaps (poppers) also the back closing is with buttons - makes for a devilish contortion to close - but then babies be they adult or the
ordinary aren't suppose to dress themselves or change diapers !

I feel realy at home in a pink footed sleeper or a pink top and shorts set. Makes me feel so comfy and babygirly. Very relaxing.... and fun. Lol.

I made some new stuff! What do you guys think of them?

The first one is a backpack that's actually big enough to fit all of my stuff for university, the second one is a lightweight jacket (finally!) and the third one is another bubble romper! Yes, it's the same fabric as the ruffly one, I had a lot left over^^

P_20180429_193056.jpgP_20180506_153948.jpgP_20180506_183751.jpg

I am planning to actually make myself a cloth diaper with snaps soon, I have the materials already here, but I will need to wait until I have a few uninterrupted hours without anyone else in the house before I can start on that.

It all looks great!

I love the panda backpack too, it's very cute :)

Is the jacket you made part of an ensemble with the panda backpack? It certainly looks like it could be.

Great work all around :2thumbsup:

Poofybutt said:
It all looks great!

I love the panda backpack too, it's very cute :)

Is the jacket you made part of an ensemble with the panda backpack? It certainly looks like it could be.

Great work all around :2thumbsup:

Thank you!

Well, I thought up the designs in one sitting, so to speak, so they are kind of connected! (I also contemplated making a panda jacket and penguin backpack, but these designs won out).
Actually, I would pair the jacket with my hedgehog backpack. I don't know how widespread this is, but you know how Benedict Cumberbatch can't pronounce "penguin" and John Watson is a hedgehog? So, for me and my best friend, hedgehogs and penguins are best friends! And the pengweng is carrying the hes'hog, cause hes'hogs have tiny legs and can't run that fast!

Cool

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

A few days ago I said to my boyfriend that I want to buy a sewing machine and learn to sew so after a time I can sew cute baby clothes to myself and to him. :) And I read through your thread and it's so inspiring! I love the bubble romper! It's so cutee. :3

LittleSonia said:
A few days ago I said to my boyfriend that I want to buy a sewing machine and learn to sew so after a time I can sew cute baby clothes to myself and to him. :) And I read through your thread and it's so inspiring! I love the bubble romper! It's so cutee. :3

That's awesome, you should totally go for it! Seriously, it's a really rewarding hobby. And you can make exactly the kind of baby clothes you want! If you ever have any sewing related questions, feel free to ask :)
I'm really happy you found this inspiring^^

Excellent work. You never cease to amaze me with your creations.

Back