Little Clothing

So.. I just made snap crotch shortalls. I ordered jean shortalls and a snap setter and just added a small gusset. I paired it with a strawberry print onesie that I got from bigtot on Etsy. It’s my fishing outfit when I go with daddy... I customized a binky and got a matching clip from Etsy too. But I plan to try and add some more snaps to things!

I also find dresses like sack dresses or overall dresses! If they are to short I just add leggings. Happy sewing!

PaddedDeist said:
Excellent work. You never cease to amaze me with your creations.

Thank you so much!

Bratfina said:
So.. I just made snap crotch shortalls. I ordered jean shortalls and a snap setter and just added a small gusset. I paired it with a strawberry print onesie that I got from bigtot on Etsy. It’s my fishing outfit when I go with daddy... I customized a binky and got a matching clip from Etsy too. But I plan to try and add some more snaps to things!

I also find dresses like sack dresses or overall dresses! If they are to short I just add leggings. Happy sewing!

That's also an awesome idea! I have made myself a pair of corduroy shortalls before and thought about adding a snap crotch, but in the end decided against it since I rarely ever wear diapers and would rather have them as an everyday outfit. They do have and elastic waistband in the back though, so they're still pretty child-appropriate, no fiddly buttons or zipper :D
How about adding snaps to the shoulder of a shirt or onesie? I feel like that always makes a top look a lot more childish. Or turn a dress or nightgown into a onesie! Just cut the sides to match the shape of a onesie, hem the raw edges and add snaps to the crotch. There's also a way to turn a loose-fitting dress into a playsuit, but I'm not sure how to explain that. If you're interested, Annika Victoria (on YouTube) has a really good tutorial that doesn't involve a lot of sewing!

So, I said that I wanted to make a cloth diaper, and I did! The fabric is the kind you would find on a softshell jacket, with a fleecy inside and a water-resistant outside. I don't know how waterproof it would actually be, but that is not really a concern for me, since I only wear for comfort anyway. Though I might test the waterproofness with just plain water one day once I have made some inserts (right now it's more like a diaper cover, but I plan to make some snap-in inserts.)
I found that it's a little loose in the waist, even with the elastic, so I'll have to add another row of snaps, but it's pretty snug around the legs. The material is kinda rustly, but not overly so, and it feels very nice on the skin. It might get a little warm in there because of the fleece, so it probably won't get that much use once summer really comes around, but there will always be next winter :)
The snaps are made for baby clothing, but they hold really tight. I don't get why people keep complaining about baby plastic snaps, those things are made specifically so that a baby/toddler can't open them on their own! They're also a good size, any bigger would make them too bulky in my opinion.

P_20180507_161104.jpg

I think that cloth diapers typically are not waterproof--except perhaps an all-in-one--which is why plastic pants are required. But I'm sure the cloth wearers will have good feedback in regards to this.

Someday I'll have to give cloth a go.

PaddedDeist said:
I think that cloth diapers typically are not waterproof--except perhaps an all-in-one--which is why plastic pants are required. But I'm sure the cloth wearers will have good feedback in regards to this.

Someday I'll have to give cloth a go.

I know, but somehow an all-in-one seems more appealing to me than having to deal with plastic pants. I've looked at a lot of the threads on cloth diapering, and I still think I like cloth more than disposables in general, but either way, I don't intend to ever wet them. I'm just somewhat curious whether or not I could with this one, you know? A while back, I made a cloth pull-up of sorts from a jersey material with pocket inserts. For that one, I would definitely need some sort of cover. Maybe, if this one turns out to be waterproof, I could wear it on top of the pull-up?

sissybaby34 said:
found this on tumbler, very cute.View attachment 30913

That really looks cute! And so soft - is that fleece? I've kinda been wanting to make myself a matching playset for a while, but haven't gotten around to it yet^^ Though I'm not sure if I see the purpose in having a snap crotch for pants like that...it seems kind of redundant.

It's been a while, and I made something new! What do you think?

P_20180621_115913.jpg

Aww

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

extremecomfy said:
This looks like a minor child.
Why would you do that? This site is for adults. :(

Sent from my UL40 using Tapatalk

That is a picture of myself, and I am most definitely not a minor. The outfit and pose are meant to look childish, that's the point.

Anything with little kid characters on it. Such as Peppa Pig, Thomas, Dora, etc :) T-Shirts are not too hard I wouldn't have thought

P_20180822_104858.jpg
Guys, I need your help. I bought these fabrics a while ago, and I have no idea what to turn them into. Does anyone have any ideas? They're both cotton, not stretchy at all, and I have one meter of each. The material would be suited to a blouse, maybe a skirt, pillow cases, short dress etc. Not suited for onesies, trousers, bags, jackets or anything that needs to be stretchy or very sturdy.

Also, bonus pictures: My new pengweng backpack, and my outfit for a sightseeing trip! (The white shirt is a onesie that I made from a very long shirt, but obviously no one can see that ;) )
P_20180819_013651.jpgP_20180819_073310_1.jpg

The clothes you make look awesome, I wanna start making my own clothes even more now.

Schwanensee said:
View attachment 31479
Guys, I need your help. I bought these fabrics a while ago, and I have no idea what to turn them into. Does anyone have any ideas? They're both cotton, not stretchy at all, and I have one meter of each. The material would be suited to a blouse, maybe a skirt, pillow cases, short dress etc. Not suited for onesies, trousers, bags, jackets or anything that needs to be stretchy or very sturdy.

Also, bonus pictures: My new pengweng backpack, and my outfit for a sightseeing trip! (The white shirt is a onesie that I made from a very long shirt, but obviously no one can see that ;) )
View attachment 31480View attachment 31481

I realize this would be no challenge but I'd probably think of a big changing pad with a waterproof backing, particularly with the bear/penguin fabric. I may have a look to see if I can find some of that myself.

I love the little red romper you made, I’ve been looking for something identical to that. How did you make it? Did you use a pattern? I watched the Annika Victoria YouTube videos on turning a dress into a romper, and I’m tempted to give it a go.

Trevor said:
I realize this would be no challenge but I'd probably think of a big changing pad with a waterproof backing, particularly with the bear/penguin fabric. I may have a look to see if I can find some of that myself.
I don't really have a need for a changing mat, but you're right, that fabric would look nice on one!
Wuggle said:
I love the little red romper you made, I’ve been looking for something identical to that. How did you make it? Did you use a pattern? I watched the Annika Victoria YouTube videos on turning a dress into a romper, and I’m tempted to give it a go.

I...well...basically tried to copy Melanie Martinez' Alphabet Boy outfit. I made a pair of shorts, and attached the front and back part to the waistband. I made my own pattern for that, so if you want more instructions on how to do that you can pm me, but yeah. I copied someone's outfit.

Schwanensee said:
I don't really have a need for a changing mat, but you're right, that fabric would look nice on one!

I...well...basically tried to copy Melanie Martinez' Alphabet Boy outfit. I made a pair of shorts, and attached the front and back part to the waistband. I made my own pattern for that, so if you want more instructions on how to do that you can pm me, but yeah. I copied someone's outfit.

That’s so cool! Off to google Melanie Martinez!

I made new stuffs!

P_20180927_193920_BF_1.jpg

I love this shirt so much, it's simple jersey, but robots are awesome!

P_20181110_124658.jpg

This might not be strictly "Little", but it's so pretty and amazingly soft. It's like wearing a cloud.

P_20181110_124514.jpg

Again, not strictly Little, but who doesn't love running around in a llama dress?

P_20181110_124759.jpg

Sadly, Halloween is over...but can I still wear the spooks? Yes, yes I can.

P_20181110_124933.jpg

Undercover Little: The body is a baby's fabric, but the red tones it down.

P_20181110_125031.jpg

Of course y'all know what that is :p I couldn't resist, I had to make a cloth diaper out of that. It doesn't have any closures, so I need pins, but I don't mind. I could still add snaps if I wanted to.

Let me know what you think? I also got a new sewing machine recently, so I might still make more things. I do have some fabrics that are calling my name...

Wow! You are soooo talented! I'm pretty sure you could make your money back selling the stuff you make. If that top with the robots was my size, and under £20, I'd probably consider buying it.
I think a big problem is the amount of spare income people have to spend on clothes for their little sides.
PLEASE keep up the good work.
By the way, Pj sets are super cool. elasticated leg cuffs and nice simple prints. Joey Cuties makes some good examples.
If you have spare material, bibs might be an idea?

ABDLsean said:
Wow! You are soooo talented! I'm pretty sure you could make your money back selling the stuff you make. If that top with the robots was my size, and under £20, I'd probably consider buying it.
I think a big problem is the amount of spare income people have to spend on clothes for their little sides.
PLEASE keep up the good work.
By the way, Pj sets are super cool. elasticated leg cuffs and nice simple prints. Joey Cuties makes some good examples.
If you have spare material, bibs might be an idea?

Thank you for your kind words!
Yes, in theory, I know that I could probably easily make some money by selling ABDL clothing, but in practice, I just don't have the time or equipment. What you don't see on the pictures is that the inside seams aren't super clean: To make them look like what you're used to seeing in storebought clothing, I would need an overlock machine, and those cost from 400 Euros upwards. One day I really want to get one, but until then I probably won't sell my homemade clothes.
The fabric for the robots shirt cost me about 12 Euros, but it was 50% off...sadly, these kinds of printed fabrics often are pretty expensive when you're buying them as an individual. I always search clearance sections for my projects, cause I'm still in university and don't have much of an income.
I'm lucky in that I can wear these clothes in everyday life^^ My clothing style is pretty childish, so these aren't just for Little space.
I own waaay too many PJ sets to justify making another one, but I agree, they are awesome! In women's sizes you can often find PJs with cute cartoon prints (I recently found a Mickey Mouse sleep shirt).
I'm not big on bibs...they would be awesome if I had someone who would put one on me and feed me, but on my own it's just kind of sad. Though I have two baby sized ones that fit around my neck, they're useless for keeping my clothes clean, but the print is cute.

Back