ABU vs Rears...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soggygoodnites

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So I used to live about a 3hr drive from the ABU warehouse in Everett. I used to make regular trips from Canada down there and by half cases. My favourites are definitely the Lavender, Little Paws and Simple. Anyway 6 months ago I moved 4hrs further North making my trips to the warehouse almost impossible unless planning a getaway. I looked online and was blown away and how much the shipping was going to cost me!!

I checked Craigslist etc in my area to see if anyone was selling any abdl diapers and came up empty. I decided to check out Rears and saw that they had the Inspire on sale for a little over $20 the shipping was still going to be a lot but averaged out to buying 1 package of ABU at the warehouse plus the gas to get there. I wasn't sure about the sizes so I ordered the Large to be on the safe side. I like that there is 12/pack instead of 10.

Anyway a week later my package arrived and I have been nothing less than delighted with the Inspire. They look like the ABU simple but the tapes are way better, the rise is higher in both the front and back and they are also wider in the crotch. I'm amazed with how fast they wick the moisture away and they hold a ton!! Both pee and poo!

The first diaper I decided to really put it to the test. I hadn't gone number 2 for a few days and decided to insert 6 frozen marshmallows for the lovely experience that they produce. I put on plastic pants to contain any leaks. Went to bed. Woke up to the start of a LARGE mess. Peed twice through the night and twice more in the morning before changing. Turns out I didn't need the plastic pants as I had PLENTY of unused diaper to my surprise!

Currently on my second diaper right now. I have had 4 large wettings and plenty of room to spare. I definitely have a good waddle going on and they have definitely swelled up quite a bit. And NO clumping!! The tapes are surprisingly strong. Not stressed at all my the weight of my soggy diaper. I plan to wet it probably twice more, and then drop a load in it to give it a nice send off.

Needless to say I am very happy with my Rearz. I want to try the Inspire+ Incontrol and also the Safari. Until I take a road trip down to Seattle in a few months I think I'll be sticking with ordering Rearz.

Stay padded my friends and I hope you're all having a good day!

Soggygoodnites said:
So I used to live about a 3hr drive from the ABU warehouse in Everett. I used to make regular trips from Canada down there and by half cases. My favourites are definitely the Lavender, Little Paws and Simple. Anyway 6 months ago I moved 4hrs further North making my trips to the warehouse almost impossible unless planning a getaway. I looked online and was blown away and how much the shipping was going to cost me!!

I checked Craigslist etc in my area to see if anyone was selling any abdl diapers and came up empty. I decided to check out Rears and saw that they had the Inspire on sale for a little over $20 the shipping was still going to be a lot but averaged out to buying 1 package of ABU at the warehouse plus the gas to get there. I wasn't sure about the sizes so I ordered the Large to be on the safe side. I like that there is 12/pack instead of 10.

Anyway a week later my package arrived and I have been nothing less than delighted with the Inspire. They look like the ABU simple but the tapes are way better, the rise is higher in both the front and back and they are also wider in the crotch. I'm amazed with how fast they wick the moisture away and they hold a ton!! Both pee and poo!

The first diaper I decided to really put it to the test. I hadn't gone number 2 for a few days and decided to insert 6 frozen marshmallows for the lovely experience that they produce. I put on plastic pants to contain any leaks. Went to bed. Woke up to the start of a LARGE mess. Peed twice through the night and twice more in the morning before changing. Turns out I didn't need the plastic pants as I had PLENTY of unused diaper to my surprise!

Currently on my second diaper right now. I have had 4 large wettings and plenty of room to spare. I definitely have a good waddle going on and they have definitely swelled up quite a bit. And NO clumping!! The tapes are surprisingly strong. Not stressed at all my the weight of my soggy diaper. I plan to wet it probably twice more, and then drop a load in it to give it a nice send off.

Needless to say I am very happy with my Rearz. I want to try the Inspire+ Incontrol and also the Safari. Until I take a road trip down to Seattle in a few months I think I'll be sticking with ordering Rearz.

Stay padded my friends and I hope you're all having a good day!
You have a good day too and thanks for keeping us in the know about ABU VS REARZ.

Sent from my Rockchip RK3288 Chromebook using Tapatalk

I prefer Rearz to ABU too. I love how you get 12 also! But the thing that really sells it is the way their nappies have room to fluff up INSIDE the package. Unlike other manufactuers who ruin a good product greedily by compacting them so tight that that you end up with clumping. I shouldn't have to stretch them, bend them, air them out for a week etc. Rearz have a superior product. I only hope they don't get greedy & alter their design.

Travis9800 said:
I prefer Rearz to ABU too. I love how you get 12 also! But the thing that really sells it is the way their nappies have room to fluff up INSIDE the package. Unlike other manufactuers who ruin a good product greedily by compacting them so tight that that you end up with clumping.

Two things there. First, getting 12 instead of 10 just means paying 20% more for the bag. It's not like they're including 2 more for "free". Even those silly marketing campaigns that say thing like "buy 5 get one free!" aren't free, they're just selling you six at the "five price", which is actually a "six price" anyway.

As for the compacting, you do realize that lowers shipping costs? Smaller packages ship cheaper, especially cases. And they don't just "eat" that cost, they're a business and will pass that cost along to the customer, that's you. If you don't like them compressed, take them out of the bag when you get them and let them expand for a few days. Or pop them in the dryer for 10-15 seconds. (I'll agree with you there though, I also prefer my diapers fluffy and thicker rather than compressed and stiff, but I don't think that affects clumping - and nothing expands out of the bag like betterdry/crinklz!)

Soggygoodnites said:
The first diaper I decided to really put it to the test. I hadn't gone number 2 for a few days and decided to insert 6 frozen marshmallows for the lovely experience that they produce.

I'm curious to know the experience that they produce?

Jwis said:

Wait, diapers produce experience? It it like some kind of an armor effect, maybe +1 for every xp gained?

I haven't tried the ABUs but I agree that the Rearz Inspires are great. I bought a case on sale and after trying them immediately order two more cases to get the sale price. I really love how much they hold, the fit and the tapes are great.

sotexasDL said:
I haven't tried the ABUs but I agree that the Rearz Inspires are great. I bought a case on sale and after trying them immediately order two more cases to get the sale price. I really love how much they hold, the fit and the tapes are great.

I recently bought a case of the Inspire. I'd bought a bad of Spoiled awhile back so I knew more-or-less what to expect, because the Spoiled is just an Inspire with shell art. I was thinking maybe they'd make a good daytime wear-to-work diaper, even though buying from Rearz isn't as easy for me to doas frequently as ABU is. Well, they fit just like a inspire/incontrol, which is a plain safari, so they're great in that regard, just a bit thinner. Love the all-white shell, comfy all-around elastic, smooth plastic, etc.... but wow are they loud!

But I found I love wearing them around the house because at home I like the loud crinkle, and the padding is just the right thickness to feel like a decent thicker diaper without being inconvenient.

I just don't care for the "feet" pattern on the spoiled though, it takes away too much from the "diaper look" I enjoy seeing around my waist.

Jwis said:

The experience of inserting 6-10 marshmallows up your rear results in evacuating your bowels. Usually in 15-30mins after inserting them.

- - - Updated - - -

I like both but Rearz just might be taking the lead for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back