I've now got 27 bags of Molicare and 12 more on monthly order. Have I got a addiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I started 24/7 wearing last September hoping to achieve incontinence but have since stopped wearing 24/7. A monthly direct debit was set up by a third party for me to have 12 bags of Molicare Slip Maxi to be delivered to my house every month (Its very complicated) I have yet to cancel the order and my nappies are building up. I know have 27 bags of Molicare and if you can imagine they take alot of room up. I get anxious about cancelling the monthly order, it wouldn't be hard setting it up again but I like the thought of incontinence and might go 24/7 again. Do you think it can turn into a addiction collecting nappies?

Or an update under appreciated aspect of doomsday prep.

But if you find you have too many you could always sell or trade them.

Couldn't you just modify the order so that it matches your current consumption?

ztrga said:
Couldn't you just modify the order so that it matches your current consumption?
I would do that.

While addiction is a strong word, the definition of addiction is,

"Addiction is characterized by inability to consistently abstain, impairment in behavioral control, craving, diminished recognition of significant problems with one’s behaviors and interpersonal relationships, and a dysfunctional emotional response."

That's the short definition according to the American Society of Addiction Medicine. Another section on their definition page is:

"Addiction is characterized by:

A: Inability to consistently Abstain;
B: Impairment in Behavioral control;
C: Craving; or increased “hunger” for drugs or rewarding experiences;
D: Diminished recognition of significant problems with one’s behaviors and interpersonal relationships;
E: and A dysfunctional Emotional response."

I realize I am walking a fine line here. The ASAM focused on drug and substance addictions, but I believe it is something that we should all be aware of. I recognize some of these characteristical tendencies in myself, and have to place firm limits on personal actions and behaviors. I too, have a strong urge to consistently buy more diapers than I need, and have chosen never to go on automatic ordering. That's my personal choice.

I have seen the argument that people say, "I could be into something else that is a lot worse, like drugs". That is true, there are worse things that one could be involved in. But that doesn't mean it's necessarily healthy. If someone keeps secrets from their partner, that means that the relationship suffers. If someone decides to wear to the workplace, but then becomes paranoid about being seen, then productivity may decrease on mental tasks.

Everyone here needs to find a balance. Some of us already have, but we all should reflect on this once in a while. Ask ourselves, "how is this affecting my life?" And be willing to make appropriate changes. If you are ABDL, it's about pleasure, which is 100% valid. But we control that pleasure, and we shouldn't let the diapers control us.

Sorry for the long reply, but this has been on my mind for quite some time. Ignore me if you wish [emoji16]

https://www.asam.org/resources/definition-of-addiction

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yooo said:
I would do that.

While addiction is a strong word, the definition of addiction is,

"Addiction is characterized by inability to consistently abstain, impairment in behavioral control, craving, diminished recognition of significant problems with one’s behaviors and interpersonal relationships, and a dysfunctional emotional response."

That's the short definition according to the American Society of Addiction Medicine. Another section on their definition page is:

"Addiction is characterized by:

A: Inability to consistently Abstain;
B: Impairment in Behavioral control;
C: Craving; or increased “hunger” for drugs or rewarding experiences;
D: Diminished recognition of significant problems with one’s behaviors and interpersonal relationships;
E: and A dysfunctional Emotional response."

I realize I am walking a fine line here. The ASAM focused on drug and substance addictions, but I believe it is something that we should all be aware of. I recognize some of these characteristical tendencies in myself, and have to place firm limits on personal actions and behaviors. I too, have a strong urge to consistently buy more diapers than I need, and have chosen never to go on automatic ordering. That's my personal choice.

I have seen the argument that people say, "I could be into something else that is a lot worse, like drugs". That is true, there are worse things that one could be involved in. But that doesn't mean it's necessarily healthy. If someone keeps secrets from their partner, that means that the relationship suffers. If someone decides to wear to the workplace, but then becomes paranoid about being seen, then productivity may decrease on mental tasks.

Everyone here needs to find a balance. Some of us already have, but we all should reflect on this once in a while. Ask ourselves, "how is this affecting my life?" And be willing to make appropriate changes. If you are ABDL, it's about pleasure, which is 100% valid. But we control that pleasure, and we shouldn't let the diapers control us.

Sorry for the long reply, but this has been on my mind for quite some time. Ignore me if you wish [emoji16]

https://www.asam.org/resources/definition-of-addiction

It's funny you bring this up. Only when someone is going through the classic binge/purge cycle do they exhibit addiction-like responses. However; take that same person when they have learned moderation and now every single addiction trait goes away.

Comparing abdl to an addiction only means you have yet to learn that moderation.

Slomo said:
It's funny you bring this up. Only when someone is going through the classic binge/purge cycle do they exhibit addiction-like responses. However; take that same person when they have learned moderation and now every single addiction trait goes away.

Comparing abdl to an addiction only means you have yet to learn that moderation.
That's why I commented this here. 27 bags with 12 more each month? That's a gigantic amount. And yes, binge/purge oscillation exhibits addiction like responses. But OP said,

"they take alot of room up. I get anxious about cancelling the monthly order, it wouldn't be hard setting it up again but I like the thought of incontinence and might go 24/7 again"

Has this person learned moderation? Trying 24/7, now they're not, but considering it again, seems like a cycle to me. While they aren't purging their supply, the thought of stopping the order causes anxiety. I wouldn't say this is exactly healthy.

But then again, OP isn't paying a dime for these. Might as well take advantage of 3 free cases a month!

the thought of stopping the order causes anxiety. I wouldn't say this is exactly healthy.

Seems like OP has created a reward pathway, does OP feel a rush of pleasure when the order arrives? and/or excitement when they are due? this would be a dopamine hit, and yes addictive behaviour, they take up a lot of room, meaning they are affecting storage of other stuff, so he is prioritising having a stash. Could OP reduce the order size? say in half until stocks have run down a bit?
Btw no it's not healthy to have some anxiety about stopping the order but the thoughts and feelings are actually evidence of the brain working correctly,,, happy to PM about this, but would rather not post publicly, thanks!

Yooo said:
But then again, OP isn't paying a dime for these. Might as well take advantage of 3 free cases a month!

Not sure but I didn't see anything about getting them for free.... Did I miss something....?

Doesn't seem to be addictive behavior.... Yet. Addiction is more that you have to have them and no one can tell you otherwise. Anxiety about canceling could be many things bit just about the diapers your getting.

I do pay for them out my own money but the method is a bit unconventional. Nothing fraudulent or illegal. I’ll be honest, I have a severe form of Biopler and my money is managed by a third party. I asked them to set up monthly auto order of nappies and it was accepted. At the time I was 24/7 and it relented a bit so I didn’t use as many. Ita a bit hard talking to this third party and it looks suspicious if I start cancelling and starting the order. I’m back to 24/7 again so will need them.

bobbilly said:
I do pay for them out my own money but the method is a bit unconventional. Nothing fraudulent or illegal. I’ll be honest, I have a severe form of Biopler and my money is managed by a third party. I asked them to set up monthly auto order of nappies and it was accepted. At the time I was 24/7 and it relented a bit so I didn’t use as many. Ita a bit hard talking to this third party and it looks suspicious if I start cancelling and starting the order. I’m back to 24/7 again so will need them.

You really should consider just telling them your auto order turned out to be more than needed, and you now have a considerable supply. Have them double the time in between orders, but don't outright cancel it. Tell them it's so you can use up that supply. Nithing needs to be said about cancelling it outright.

Good idea stomo. I have got somebody collecting some of them soon so that should thin it out a bin.

paddedgrimlin said:
Not sure but I didn't see anything about getting them for free.... Did I miss something....?

Doesn't seem to be addictive behavior.... Yet. Addiction is more that you have to have them and no one can tell you otherwise. Anxiety about canceling could be many things bit just about the diapers your getting.

bobbilly said:

In the first post, I saw that it was paid through a third party. So I assumed he was not paying for it. But it makes sense now with that clarification that it is his money being managed.

IMO, I wouldn't cancel the auto-order, but I would decrease the quantity or frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back