Drinking milk before bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkjo

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just wondering, does it help me sleep better? And can it cause bedwetting? Thanks in advance.

Personally, I love drinking milk before bed, whether warm, cold, from a bottle, or with a cup and some nutter butters. Cold milk doesn't always make me more sleepy, or affect how I sleep, but warm milk can help me feel tired if I'm not feeling so already, especially when I drink it from a bottle.

I've never had an issue with it causing bedwetting. There's really not much difference between drinking milk before bed than any other liquid. Sure you may wake up and have to go pee, but I've never woken up wet or in a puddle because of drinking milk.

I'd say give it a go if you haven't already!

Last edited:
RompingBulbasaur said:
Personally, I love drinking milk before bed, whether warm, cold, from a bottle, or with a cup and some butter butters. Cold milk doesn't always make me more sleepy, or affect how I sleep, but warm milk can help me feel tired if I'm not feeling so already, especially when I drink it from a bottle.

I've never had an issue with it causing bedwetting. There's really not much difference between drinking milk before bed than any other liquid. Sure you may wake up and have to go pee, but I've never woken up wet or in a puddle because of drinking milk.

I'd say give it a go if you haven't already!

Thanks for the info! I'll try it tonight.

I’ve drunk milk every night before bed all my life. I certainly think it helps me sleep better but I haven’t wet the bed since I was about 5 so it wouldnkt appear to have any effect on that.

Bose said:
I’ve drunk milk every night before bed all my life. I certainly think it helps me sleep better but I haven’t wet the bed since I was about 5 so it wouldnkt appear to have any effect on that.

That's fine. At least it helps for getting a better sleep. I actually still wet the bed until I was around 10.

Apparently warm milk makes you sleep better because of its relatively high fat content (compared to other liquids), so it's like how after eating a good meal you get sleepy. Milk, like apple juice or tea, might make you have to pee faster, but it won't make you wet the bed.

darkjo said:
Just wondering, does it help me sleep better? And can it cause bedwetting? Thanks in advance.

I drink a tall glass of milk before bed. I don't think it helps me to sleep, but it's certainly better than say, something caffeinated like pop or coffee.

On Friday and Saturday nights, I usually follow that up with a tall glass of water also. But I plan to put on a thicker diaper and sleep in too, so that helps me stay hydrated until morning and not have to worry about needing to get up early because I need a change lest I leak! ;)

For me, the diaper is better for my sleep than the milk. Not having to make several jarring overnight runs across cold floors and bright lights is what really helps me get a good night's rest. "wake, wet, sleep, repeat" is my best formula for the night.

Warm milk definitely helps me sleep better

Hot Chocolate made with single cream and coco mmmmmm chaaaclaaate!!!! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Hot Chocolate made with single cream and coco mmmmmm chaaaclaaate!!!! lol

bambinod said:
I drink a tall glass of milk before bed. I don't think it helps me to sleep, but it's certainly better than say, something caffeinated like pop or coffee.

On Friday and Saturday nights, I usually follow that up with a tall glass of water also. But I plan to put on a thicker diaper and sleep in too, so that helps me stay hydrated until morning and not have to worry about needing to get up early because I need a change lest I leak! ;)

For me, the diaper is better for my sleep than the milk. Not having to make several jarring overnight runs across cold floors and bright lights is what really helps me get a good night's rest. "wake, wet, sleep, repeat" is my best formula for the night.

Me too! I always drink some water before bed to stay hydrated.

Doh. I have Gout, which means I need to keep dairy to an absolute minimum.

darkjo said:
And can it cause bedwetting? Thanks in advance.

I've never ever heard of bedwetting caused by milk. Almost all components in milk are nutrients that get absorbed into the body and don't really affect urinary output. So I doubt it.

Slomo said:
Doh. I have Gout, which means I need to keep dairy to an absolute minimum.

really? I thought gout caused by excessive wine?

Technically I'm "lactose-intolerant" too, and had a lot of allergies when I was young. (my mother said I was "allergic to pampers"...) But I respond with a healthy dose of "I don't care" and drink milk and eat cheese all the time. As long as I don't go too long (several days) without milk, I'm fine, as my body has built up a tolerance to it.

Dietary causes account for about 12% of gout,[3] and include a strong association with the consumption of alcohol, fructose-sweetened drinks, meat, and seafood.[12][15] Among foods richest in purines yielding high amounts of uric acid are dried anchovies, shrimp, organ meat, dried mushrooms, seaweed, and beer yeast.[16] Other triggers include physical trauma and surgery.[4]

bambinod said:
really? I thought gout caused by excessive wine?

Technically I'm "lactose-intolerant" too, and had a lot of allergies when I was young. (my mother said I was "allergic to pampers"...) But I respond with a healthy dose of "I don't care" and drink milk and eat cheese all the time. As long as I don't go too long (several days) without milk, I'm fine, as my body has built up a tolerance to it.

Well I have been known to wine a lot, but I don't believe that's what has caused my gout.

Gout is actually a buildup of uric acid in the body. It typically builds up the most in your feet, which is furthest from your heart. It causes your nervs to kind of overload, which manifests as some seriously pain. Too much to bear weight on your feet for sure.

That uric acid is made naturally, but certain foods (mostly fish, meat, dairy and alcohol) can cause your body to make more of it. The best way to counter that buildup is to stay very well hydrated to flush your system out. Replacing a glass of milk with water not only avoids that extra uric acid, but helps flush out what you've alread got in you.

I cut my alcohol intakecyears ago, as well as limiting how much meat fish and dairy I eat. I'll be damned if I have to give up all of it though, so I keep it balanced and stay hydrated. This "diet" I follow is enough to keep my gout in check without meds though, so I must be doing something right.

I am not a fan of plain milk, but do like mildly chocolate milk. Too sweet is no good either. I find when I do drink any flavor of milk, it just goes through me quicker, so I have pee more often. Never caused an accident, just higher frequency and waking me up to go.

Barnboy said:
I am not a fan of plain milk, but do like mildly chocolate milk. Too sweet is no good either. I find when I do drink any flavor of milk, it just goes through me quicker, so I have pee more often. Never caused an accident, just higher frequency and waking me up to go.

I also like chocolate milk. I sometimes drink a glass or two before bed.

Slomo said:
Well I have been known to wine a lot, but I don't believe that's what has caused my gout.

Gout is actually a buildup of uric acid in the body. It typically builds up the most in your feet, which is furthest from your heart. It causes your nervs to kind of overload, which manifests as some seriously pain. Too much to bear weight on your feet for sure.

That uric acid is made naturally, but certain foods (mostly fish, meat, dairy and alcohol) can cause your body to make more of it. The best way to counter that buildup is to stay very well hydrated to flush your system out. Replacing a glass of milk with water not only avoids that extra uric acid, but helps flush out what you've alread got in you.

I cut my alcohol intakecyears ago, as well as limiting how much meat fish and dairy I eat. I'll be damned if I have to give up all of it though, so I keep it balanced and stay hydrated. This "diet" I follow is enough to keep my gout in check without meds though, so I must be doing something right.

I am susceptible to high uric acid production, not gout, but kidney stones are my concern. I am on several pills a day of Potassium Citrate to neutralize the uric acid and it works great for me. I never was much of an alcohol drinker, but don't drink enough water either. I now also avoid spinach, most mushrooms, salted processed meat and olives. Also stay away from dark drinks such as soda, wine, coffee and black teas. Drink lots of water lemonade or anything with lemons. My father in law does have gout and it is damn painful. Hopefully I never get to that point.

Barnboy said:
I am susceptible to high uric acid production, not gout, but kidney stones are my concern. I am on several pills a day of Potassium Citrate to neutralize the uric acid and it works great for me. I never was much of an alcohol drinker, but don't drink enough water either. I now also avoid spinach, most mushrooms, salted processed meat and olives. Also stay away from dark drinks such as soda, wine, coffee and black teas. Drink lots of water lemonade or anything with lemons. My father in law does have gout and it is damn painful. Hopefully I never get to that point.

My father also got kidney stones a while ago. Thankfully he got better. Hope you get better too!

Yes, it will. I do always drink some water before bed because I can't stand going to sleep with a dry mouth, probably from the many years of fluids restriction before bed growing up, but I avoid milk like the plague after noon. It is a diuretic and it always has me going nonstop when I drink it, it's almost worse than Beer, lol

darkjo said:
My father also got kidney stones a while ago. Thankfully he got better. Hope you get better too!

Thanks. I seem to have it under control as long as I take the perscriptions every day. I usually don't get a stone for over a year now. I used to get them weekly. I just find it hard to drink a lot of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back