Status
Not open for further replies.

Yooo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Yesterday I wore a Dry 24/7 to my university classes, and I had never tried one before. It was a little risky, but it worked out alright for me. What I noticed about this brief is that it is a thick layer of fine SAP sandwiched between two layers of pulp batting. It clumped a bit and actually felt stiffer than the NorthShores that I usually wear up on the front and up the back of the brief. The middle got super squishy.

Of the two, which do you prefer, and why? I'm going to keep using the 24/7's for a few more days to get a better feel for it, but I feel like the Supremes wick better and absorb faster. They are slightly less absorbent but I feel like they perform better overall.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I honestly like the longer fit of the Dry 24/7 better.

I wear both myself. I find that the northshore briefs have better wetting from front to back. in other words they dont just wet up front then leak. when you take a northshore off it is usually wet in front and in back so they usually last longer. however. I do find that the confidry has a better look and the plastic is nicer but they simply are not my go to diaper.

Dry 24/7 have a better fit for me. The north shore brand has a lot of empty space between the padding and top of the diaper. I mostly use the 24/7.

mayhem said:
Dry 24/7 have a better fit for me. The north shore brand has a lot of empty space between the padding and top of the diaper. I mostly use the 24/7.

That's one of my pet-peeves with diapers.... "dead plastic" at the front or back end. Some diapers I'll actually trim that off a bit in the front, like Abena Xplus. Confidry DO have a little more than I'd like to see, but I can't cut off the front due to the front elastic, so shrug. They've got a pretty long pad in them anyway, so it's not so much of an issue anyway. Just tape the lower tapes down a bit, and leave the upper tapes high, and you end up with a pretty good size "diaper pouch" in the front ;)

Both diapers are roughly equal in performance, but they get there differently. Northshore has more sap and wicks better. Confidry has more padding and tends to feel more comfortable when dry. It really just comes down to personal preference.

bambinod said:
That's one of my pet-peeves with diapers.... "dead plastic" at the front or back end. Some diapers I'll actually trim that off a bit in the front, like Abena Xplus. Confidry DO have a little more than I'd like to see, but I can't cut off the front due to the front elastic, so shrug. They've got a pretty long pad in them anyway, so it's not so much of an issue anyway. Just tape the lower tapes down a bit, and leave the upper tapes high, and you end up with a pretty good size "diaper pouch" in the front ;)

It affects the way pants fit too. When the padding comes up all the way in the front and back my pants stay in place better. When the padding is too low my pants fall a bit (yeah I should wear a belt with diapers like that) and there is a greater possibility of my diaper showing.

When I try diapers I buy them by the bag because i have to wear them for at least a full day of changes before I can realy decide my opinion on them .

For me the Northshore is my choice because it has a strong "front end" , guys in wheelchairs will put a hurting on the front end and in many diapers they dont wick well , or the front gets over saturated and starts leaking before the crotch gets damp let alone the tail .Northshore so far is my fave based on my unique punishment testing ,they have been my go to travel diaper for along time , i still have a couple of cases of the old style to go thru before reordering ,but i look forward to the addition of the waistband and hope thats the only change ,many a great diaper has died from "improvements".

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Tetra said:
When I try diapers I buy them by the bag because i have to wear them for at least a full day of changes before I can realy decide my opinion on them .

For me the Northshore is my choice because it has a strong "front end" , guys in wheelchairs will put a hurting on the front end and in many diapers they dont wick well , or the front gets over saturated and starts leaking before the crotch gets damp let alone the tail .Northshore so far is my fave based on my unique punishment testing ,they have been my go to travel diaper for along time , i still have a couple of cases of the old style to go thru before reordering ,but i look forward to the addition of the waistband and hope thats the only change ,many a great diaper has died from "improvements".

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
I've only tried the new versions, and they are hands down the most reliable brief I've used. I would venture to say that the waistband was the only modification made, and that it was an improvement!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back