Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan2127

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Hey guys

What is your opinion on disposing your stuff? I cant throw away at home because I live with my parents, so I go elsewhere.

As far as being acceptable goes, what do you think of disposing in the trash in a public bathroom? Will the cleaning ladies pick up on this and complain?

Here's the deal, I dispose in that exact bathroom at least every other day. Its at my university.

My judgement on this isn't clear obviously because I cant imagine what would go through there minds, knowing that there is a diaper wearer on campus. Anyways, what do you guys think? Am I in the wrong for what Im doing or is it fine? I mean that's what garbage's are for......right???

Don't worry about what people think, even if they do think of "Why someone use diaper?" the cleaners would've thought of medical issues. I would say that the chance of them knowing what's inside garbage will be low, they won't care. They just want to get their job done, and you're right, garbage is what it is.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

As a cleaning lady I can tell you this: as long as it isn't wide open and full of poop, we seriously do not care. :)

ryan2127 said:
Anyways, what do you guys think? Am I in the wrong for what Im doing or is it fine? I mean that's what garbage's are for......right???

Couldn't have said it better. It's literally no different from when a mother throws away a diaper from her child in a bathroom with a changing table. I'm sure that would be the last thing on their mind at that point, and they would keep to themselves or not thing much of it rather than go Sherlock and find out who it is. I've been doing the same thing for the longest time. No biggie at all :) and if you still feel unsure about it, maybe try switching up locations where you dispose. Such as if your university has different bathroom locations, etc etc...

If you're still feeling put off about it, something you could do is put used diapers in shopping/disposal bags(if you aren't already).
Keeps the diapers out of sight, out of mind.

If anyone actually does ask what's in the bag(highly unlikely), just say it's food trash.
And if you really think you need a last resort fallback response, say "It's for medical reasons and I'd rather not talk about it".
But honestly, who's really going to investigate further into food trash :p

But yeah, it's a public restroom garbage. I've seen a lot worse in public waste bins around here in Vegas, I'm sure diapers are the least of their worries.
It should be fine as long as it's all rolled and bundled proper.

ryan2127 said:
Hey guys

What is your opinion on disposing your stuff? I cant throw away at home because I live with my parents, so I go elsewhere.

As far as being acceptable goes, what do you think of disposing in the trash in a public bathroom? Will the cleaning ladies pick up on this and complain?

Here's the deal, I dispose in that exact bathroom at least every other day. Its at my university.

My judgement on this isn't clear obviously because I cant imagine what would go through there minds, knowing that there is a diaper wearer on campus. Anyways, what do you guys think? Am I in the wrong for what Im doing or is it fine? I mean that's what garbage's are for......right???
I'm also a university student! On my campus there are a few single bathrooms with locking doors scattered around in various buildings. Maybe look for those? Those are the ones that are most accessible on campus and so it would make most sense to a janitor to notice a diaper in the trash.

That is, if they even notice, and noticing is very different than actually caring.

Unless you're trying to dispose of a Safari or a Little Paws. That might raise some questions if it were to be noticed.. that's why I use "medical" diapers.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Having been in a caretaker role in the past, I would say the only thing to be concerned with is placing the used diaper so that we can collect the trash with no contact with other people's waste tbh. I never wanted to know what was in the trash, just didn't want to be caused any harm tbh. Broken glass was always more offensive to me,,,

I do janitorial work, and an actual diaper does not bother me. However, those pull-ons like Depend makes are a real nuisance. A good quality diaper with a plastic backing will offer far better containment. I have a lot of respect for someone who is willing to protect the public by using the proper tools to manage their medical condition. And yes, I have emptied a trash container with a used Little Paws diaper. And yes, it was at a gas station that belongs to one of my clients. Yes, they are more commonly used than most of you would think, and they look very discrete. You wouldn't know one of those, from an actual toddler Pampers.

I'm actually more concerned why your parents aren't allowing you to throw out your trash at your own home.

In a disabled / baby change room with an actual nappy disposal bin, clearly there's no issue. I don't bother with bagging it if only wet. If throwing in the regular trash bin, I'll always bag the nappy, if messy that would be a double-bag, with an airtight ziploc inside a strong black bag, so that it's properly sealed. When possible, after changing in a regular stall I will try to pop into the baby change room to dispose of the nappy, especially if messy.

Slomo said:
I'm actually more concerned why your parents aren't allowing you to throw out your trash at your own home.

I don't think that is what he was meaning, more so that he doesn't want to dispose of diapers in his house due to risk or someone finding out. One time I threw out a good night's diaper and stuffed it deep in the kitchen trash. What do you know the dog knocks over the trash and goes through it that one day, luckily I was the first to see the mess and I acted quickly. But I'm just giving an example of risky situations and your home, especially if you live with others.

When I change my diaper in public restrooms, I typically roll it up so that the prints aren't showing and then throw it straight in the trash can. It's usually heavy enough that it'll sink underneath paper towels and whatnot, but even if it doesn't, I'm not really concerned. It's not like people are inspecting the contents of the trash, and janitors definitely don't care what's in the trash. I think a bigger concern would be people seeing you walking across the bathroom with a dirty diaper to throw it away, but I usually don't sweat about this. As long as I'm quick and discreet about it, nobody will notice or care. Even if they do, I'm probably never going to see those people again.

I've never actually changed out of a Little Pawz (or another diaper with prints all over) in public, but I don't think it would be that big of an issue. People just don't care. If you're concerned, you can put it in a plastic bag or something.

Slomo said:

Not to be rude or point out the obvious but I don't want them to know I wear diapers (borderline phobia of them finding out, I would rather tell my best friend that Ive known for about 10 years than my parents finding out)

- - - Updated - - -

SteamPunk said:
I don't think that is what he was meaning, more so that he doesn't want to dispose of diapers in his house due to risk or someone finding out. One time I threw out a good night's diaper and stuffed it deep in the kitchen trash. What do you know the dog knocks over the trash and goes through it that one day, luckily I was the first to see the mess and I acted quickly. But I'm just giving an example of risky situations and your home, especially if you live with others.

this is exactly it, I dont want my parents to ever know. I dream of the day I move out because of this lol

No ones going to go through the trash n incontinence is a very common problem

As long as you are disposing of everything properly no one is going to say anything. Baby diapers are thrown out in bathroom waste baskets so why not adult diapers, in fact, lots of weird stuff is thrown out in public restrooms, why I've even caught some people taking a wee in a restroom trash bin. Bottom line, the garbage can is for garbage regardless of what it is. Just make sure that when you dispose of it everything lands within the bin. One day, I went to a mall food court bathroom and I actually stepped on a balled up pamper because some lazy person didn't bother to put it in the bin properly, it was literally lying right beside the bin, like he tried to do a basketball free throw, missed and just decided to leave it there.

Also, public bathrooms are a great place to dispose of diapers especially when you are living with the folks or roommates and you want to keep this side of yourself a secret. For years when I engaged in AB on the down low while living with my Mother, my go to place for disposal was a public park literally a block from my house. This park had a public restroom pavilion there, I would either change on the spot in one of the stalls and plop it in the bin or I would bag it up at home, run on down and drop it in the bin.

I'd remind you that your choice of garbage bags is important. Thin black (and especially thin WHITE) trash bags may as well be transparent:

attachment.php

For large disposal, I use "drum liner" bags. You can find them at hardware stores and even walmart. They're for 35 and 50 gallon barrels, and are made of very thick plastic. They're either silver or black, I'd suggest you get black. There's NO seeing through them and they will NOT rip or tear.

The cheap trash bag in the pic above, I've seen get punctured by the hard edge of a diaper tape when it's on the corner of a taped up wet diaper. They're pretty easy to damage. And if you toss THAT in your can, and someone needs to throw away something after you and goes to the can and lifts the lid, they could easily see your diapers through a cheap bag!

(diaper easter egg hunt! name the diapers you can see in the bag! There are at least five easily recognized different brands of diapers visible)

When at home, I single bag them in a Walmart bag, and throw them out in the big dumpster at my apartment in the morning before going to work/school. I'm not too worried about someone going to really focus on what's in the dumpster.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tena slip
Rearz princess
Cuddlz
Crinklz
ABU space

Used diapers are trash and that's where trash goes. No need to make a spectacle of it. Wrap it up tight and toss it. Bag it separately if you like but don't stress over it. In the OP's specific case, unless it's a small campus, I doubt you're the only one who is wearing diapers there (for whatever reason).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back