Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guess what guys? I'm leaving...

Error404

Default Guess what guys? I'm leaving...

...My goddamn flu behind and finally starting to get better, HURRAY!. ~(No, I'm not leaving)

However, It's my 20th birthday soon and I'm for some reason dreading it like the plague, I don't REALLY know why I'm fretting over it. Perhaps it's because I OFFICIALLY go from TBDL to ABDL? I'm just not ready for it...

I know it probably won't change a thing, but that's not gonna change my mindset. It's on my mind nearly 24/7 as of late.

Advice?

Mako

You cheat and go *b/dl :P Or come to the fur side, we have cookies.

But I felt similar when I turned 20, then you kinda feel jipped because (atleast for me) I still felt like the same old goofy kid and not like how I perceived adults as a child.

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    You cheat and go *b/dl :P Or come to the fur side, we have cookies.

But I felt similar when I turned 20, then you kinda feel jipped because (atleast for me) I still felt like the same old goofy kid and not like how I perceived adults as a child.
    Yeah, I'd considered saying *B/DL

It's weird though, despite me telling all my friends what TBDLism IS, they still refer to it as 'infantilism'. So I guess I'm pretty much stuck with being that "Crazy guy that dresses like a little kid for fun". Not that I mind, of course.

Doesn't stop me dreading my 20th.

25 was the hard one for me. The only thing that will help is getting your mind off of it. By going out with your friends, having fun, getting drunk, and reveling in your youth. Not necessarily in that order. Time is a bitch that never stops complaining, you just have to tune her out and get on with what you want to do.

My .02

Congrats on kicking the flu!

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Snap View Post
    25 was the hard one for me. The only thing that will help is getting your mind off of it. By going out with your friends, having fun, getting drunk, and reveling in your youth. Not necessarily in that order. Time is a bitch that never stops complaining, you just have to tune her out and get on with what you want to do.

My .02

Congrats on kicking the flu!
    Thanks! Was about time! Was fucking up my head and I couldn't get ANY college work done.

See, though, I don't really wanna rely on getting drunk. I'm ALWAYS having fun and I'm always out with my friends, it's just still bothering me. I may be being a defeatist here though, am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Error404 View Post
    See, though, I don't really wanna rely on getting drunk. I'm ALWAYS having fun and I'm always out with my friends, it's just still bothering me. I may be being a defeatist here though, am I?
    Nah, it's natural for us to think about these milestones. Like I said, 25 was rough for me (the whole OMG i'm closer to 50 than my birthday) and it took me some time to get around it (2-3 months) but I realized it's just a date on a calendar and hopefully there are many many more. Twenty is a transitional time, to be sure, but I think Mako was right =O about the perception of being an "adult" is far different than the reality. Try to see what it is that is bothering you and analyze those aspects and resolve the problem.

Mesmerale

Don't do that!!! *huggles Error404*

You scared me to death..

I'm glad you aren't sick anymore though.

I know how you feel....
    21 is fast approaching for me and its starting to freak me out. I guess it has to do with the fact that it is the last "milestone" of adolescence. Nothing else separates me from the cold, cruel world.

One thing i'm grateful for is that adult responsibilities seem to come with time. Its not like your going to wake up on your 20th birthday and suddenly have a mortgage to pay and three children to feed. (Hopefully...)

"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." Aldous Huxley

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    Don't do that!!! *huggles Error404*

You scared me to death..

I'm glad you aren't sick anymore though.
    Aw, apologies. *Gives you a big huggle.* Cheer up. You're not getting rid of me that easily. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by dlt88 View Post
    I know how you feel....
    21 is fast approaching for me and its starting to freak me out. I guess it has to do with the fact that it is the last "milestone" of adolescence. Nothing else separates me from the cold, cruel world.

One thing i'm grateful for is that adult responsibilities seem to come with time. Its not like your going to wake up on your 20th birthday and suddenly have a mortgage to pay and three children to feed. (Hopefully...)

"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." Aldous Huxley
    Nah, that'll be the night AFTER my 20th. ^_~

Those parties usually are SOMETHIN'.
    Last edited by Peachy; 02-May-2009 at 18:48. Reason: merging double post - please use "multiple quotes"-feature!

Darkfinn

So it wasn't the swine flu then?

Good.