Not open for further replies.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Got a email from Stacy at XP Medical that the Absorbency Plus diapers have been
discontinued. For all of you who try to order them will need to rethink what to get.
I know I will miss them. Been using them from the start.

The quality just wasn’t there with them. I remember when Abena was saying that it was ending the plastic backed line up that xpmedical came out with these as an alternative. It’s a shame to see a plastic backed go away, even if they are middle ground diapers.

mayhem said:
The quality just wasn’t there with them. I remember when Abena was saying that it was ending the plastic backed line up that xpmedical came out with these as an alternative. It’s a shame to see a plastic backed go away, even if they are middle ground diapers.

They had their tradeoffs, and were pretty reasonably priced at the start. But then they raise their prices quite a bit without improving the product any. Wicking, capacity, tapes, and shell were all top-notch, but leak guards (and maybe some front/back waist elastic) needed to be added to justify the large increase in cost. Since that didn't happen, I'd bet sales tanked and never recovered after they raised their prices. So this does not come as a surprise to me at all.

There are just too many better, cheaper alternatives available now.

I liked them. They did work surprisingly well for not having leak guards. They were very high capacity for the time, this being when Dry 24/7 was off the market for a couple years. They really were the next best thing in non-ABDL diapers. I bought 2 cases way back when they first came out and were dirt cheap. I still have 1/4 of them left.
But since Dry 24/7 are back, and there are a number of other mainstream super capacity diapers available, these don't seem to have a market anymore. Not at their price point.

They weren't good enough for me to really miss, and I wasn't aware of the price increase, which really would have sunk them for me. They weren't bad, just nothing really exciting about them, aside maybe from leaking only very occasionally despite lack of leak guards.

Yeah, I didn't find them that impressive. Certainly NSC's house brand were better done.

willnotwill said:
Yeah, I didn't find them that impressive. Certainly NSC's house brand were better done.

I just wish the padding came up much higher in the front and back.

I remember when this diaper was intended as a middle-of-the-road, or intermediate level diaper. Unfortunately the price was risen to almost the level of some premium brands while also getting cut back on quality and capability. It just doesn't fit the original model anymore. XP is right to discontinue them.

Doesn't surprise me. XP Medical has really been going downhill lately. I haven't bought anything from them since Gary sold the company to new ownership.

INTrePid said:
Doesn't surprise me. XP Medical has really been going downhill lately. I haven't bought anything from them since Gary sold the company to new ownership.

When they discontinued the level 3 and hen I found out Gary sold out and people were having customer service issues and shipping issues I just decided to switch to northshore care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

diapernh said:
When they discontinued the level 3 and hen I found out Gary sold out and people were having customer service issues and shipping issues I just decided to switch to northshore care.

Same here, at least as far as non-ABDL suppliers. When Gary was around, I slightly favored XP Medical. With him gone, Northshore Care is the winner for me. Adam's engagement here, even for products that don't affect me much personally has been solid.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of them, the backing was just way too thin for me to make use of, almost like grocery bags or something and it tore too easy. But I can see where the absorbency + price would be something other people could really make use of, especially if they're not as active. And it's pretty sad that it's going, XP Medical seems to be quickly becoming a shell of what it used to be under Gary, always ordered my Abena L4s from him. The constant scares of Abena discontinuing that line, and issues with the new company has me buying from ABU now that I've lost enough weight that the previous issues I had with their landing zones are no longer a problem for me.

I had always wanted to try them but was apprehensive on account of them having no leak guards. When I finally decided to order a pack, that was when I learned that Gary no longer owned or ran the company. I decided against it & probably won’t ever buy from them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back