Anyone ever bring their stuffy/bear to the hospital?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LiteBrite said:
I had my surgery Friday morning on my leg. I brought my monkey with me in my bag. I was very happy I had him with me Friday night since it was a little cold and my leg hurt a lot. My monkey really helped me sleep. One of the nurses saw him under the blankets Saturday morning and asked if it was a bear. I told her it was a monkey. She asked where/how long I had him. I told her my daughter sent him along with me for the hospital stay. I got a very nice smile from the nurse.

I am glad for you that all went well with your monkey and that he didn't get lost in the hospital. How did the surgery go, are you home already?

Just wondering how the nurse could be unsure whether your friend is a bear or a monkey...

The surgery went well and my leg is straight now which is a great relief. I am at home - they kept me one night and then sent me home in the afternoon with a walker. Physical therapist will visit my home this week. It’s very difficult to walk right now but my pain is decreasing. I think I will be off work for a while.

The nurse couldn’t see my monkey very well because I was napping with him held close under the blankets with me. I think she just saw the furry top of his head.

I wouldn't hesitate to take my bear with me if I needed to go to hospital. He has helped me thru so much over the 11 years I've had him & I couldn't sleep without him.

Saying that, I take him with me when I see my psychologist & have for the past year & a bit.

Good to hear you're on the mend too LiteBrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back