Status
Not open for further replies.

Slomo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I just had mynsurgery this morning. Chilling and bord, so I thought I'd update everyone.

My urethroplasty was done orthoscopicly. However, to do so the actually had to completely remove my prostate just to get at the stricture. For anyone who has been following, the bottomn1/2 inch of my prostate had my 1 inch longs stricture. Apparent it isn't easy to just remove part of it, so al l of it had to go anyways.

With the prostate out of the way, my urologist was just barely able to get the rest of the stricture out too. The closed up the bladder neck enough to then attach it to what's left of the good urethra.

My doc said the surgery took almost 4 hours, which was the plan. And the surgery went good, I was knocked out the whole time, but didn't get a wink of sleep.

I have another catheter in place for about two weeks. There's will then do a radioactive die to make sure there are no holes in my new urethra, and it can hold at least dome pressure. If that's good, then the cath comes out for good.

For now, I am managing the pain quite well with their IV opiates. They already plann to release me tomorrow afternoon. I then have the next week off of work for R& R.

Slomo said:
I just had mynsurgery this morning. Chilling and bord, so I thought I'd update everyone.

My urethroplasty was done orthoscopicly. However, to do so the actually had to completely remove my prostate just to get at the stricture. For anyone who has been following, the bottomn1/2 inch of my prostate had my 1 inch longs stricture. Apparent it isn't easy to just remove part of it, so al l of it had to go anyways.

With the prostate out of the way, my urologist was just barely able to get the rest of the stricture out too. The closed up the bladder neck enough to then attach it to what's left of the good urethra.

My doc said the surgery took almost 4 hours, which was the plan. And the surgery went good, I was knocked out the whole time, but didn't get a wink of sleep.

I have another catheter in place for about two weeks. There's will then do a radioactive die to make sure there are no holes in my new urethra, and it can hold at least dome pressure. If that's good, then the cath comes out for good.

For now, I am managing the pain quite well with their IV opiates. They already plann to release me tomorrow afternoon. I then have the next week off of work for R& R.
Good to hear, hope you get some good rest soon. Gob bless!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Slomo said:
They already plann to release me tomorrow afternoon. I then have the next week off of work for R& R.

Hope all gets better for you. When I had my prostate out, the doc said I had to take it easy for a whole month. I hope you don't have a strenuous job.

Holy crap, almost threw up. Hadnt eaten in 20 hours, so was taking it slow. Picked at the fruit for my dinner for 10-20 min. My pain was returning, so I asked for 5mg of oxycodone with my meal. They gave me 10, so was like sure. Took that, and then another nurse comes in to give me an IV pain med too. I was like uuuuh, should I. She said yes so I said ok then.

Felt better so I then drank my chicken noodle broth (small 1 cup serving). Waited a coupple minutes, then ate most of noodles. Waited 3-5 more minutes, then ate the bits of chicken.

Immediately felt sick in the stomache. Anchored down with IV and monitoring wires though, so had to call the nurse. Turns out you don't get the nurses station here at Mayo. It goes to a nurse/tech reception, then they call the nurse.

Apparently my severity wasn't relayed, so after a full minute I was about 10 seconds away from upchucking. Quickly disconnected the leads myself. Alarms went off, and I got out of bed. Walking to the bathroom myself, and the nurse finally comes running in.

Stupd thing was, just the act of getting up decreased my need to throw up. By the rime I was at the toilet, I didn't need to upchuck at all. Just left me with an upset stomach. Got an anti nausea iv, and feeling good again. Disaster averted.

I"m sorry you've had a tough time of it. I truly hope things improve quickly. I had an odd medical problem early Sunday morning and I'm seeing a doctor on Monday. I'm hoping he doesn't send me to the hospital because I have a $6000.00 deductible which keeps my monthly payment very low. Hospital stays can be very expensive so I hope you have good insurance. It's like you hurt twice, once after the surgery and again when you get the bill.

Tough? This has been one of my easiest surgeries yet. Speaking of shoch, I'm now battling insomnia. Already took 3 melatonin pills, and one restoril n the last 2 hours. Got t waut 2 morw hours before they can gove me a franaualizsr.

.... and off you go to sleep, Slomo! (your last sentence)

Good luck with the result! Take care of yourself.

Nope. My eyes were hurting bad with that last sentence, couldn't read. Sorry about that.

I had nearly total insomnia all night. Was still awake when I finally got the tranquilizer. It took anither hour to fall asleep, and I was up again 30 minutes later. Got in a little more cat napping, but probably no more than 2-3 hours total.

Worse than that though, is I have a small blood drain tube in my abdomen. It doesn't hurt at all, but due to a low flow of blood (a good thing) it formed a clot. Blood leaked out around the tube and all oger my and my bed. I looked like a stabbing victim, lol.

The nurse fixed the tube then helped me out of bed, and changed the bed sheets. When she went to change my gown we noticed the outside of my diaper was bloody too. So she helped change my diaper too.

Finally back in bed, and with another dose of iv pain meds. They are about to start their morning rounds though, so no point in trying to sleep any more. Eyes still kind of hurt too though.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps, I brought one of my small bears with me, named sandy. Maybe 12" tall, with fluffy light brown fur. And wearing a size 1 pampers diaper. She had been well liked by the nursing staff, they say she is cute.

- - - Updated - - -

Pss, not to rub it in but my unjuries stem from my military days. I have tricare prime insurance for military retirees. I expecy my surgery and overnight stay- at the mayo clinic- will be under a $100 copay.

Glad to hear your surgery went well and you will be home soon.

Slomo said:
Immediately felt sick in the stomache. Anchored down with IV and monitoring wires though, so had to call the nurse. Turns out you don't get the nurses station here at Mayo. It goes to a nurse/tech reception, then they call the nurse.

Mayo … Rochester? Good place, I’ve been there several times myself with successful outcomes. Hope all works out for you.

WBxx said:
Mayo … Rochester? Good place, I’ve been there several times myself with successful outcomes. Hope all works out for you.

Mayo in the Jacksonville Beach, Florida. And yes, this is a good place. Looks like they are aiming to early discharge me today too.

Still in a decent amount of pain. Easily managed with my pain pills though. Been passing a fair amount of gas too. All from the surgery, since when they go in laproscopically they quite literally inflate the area with nitrogen gas. (The expanded area gives them more room to work on you).

I hope you have an uneventful and speedy recovery. What is the prognosis about your incontinence? Are you going to be in a diaper for the rest of your live (as I will be), or do the docs think you may regain your continence?

I'm glad your surgery went well and hope your recovery goes well too.

I know you probably can't - but enjoy your time relaxing in bed.

Inconinmiss said:
I hope you have an uneventful and speedy recovery. What is the prognosis about your incontinence? Are you going to be in a diaper for the rest of your live (as I will be), or do the docs think you may regain your continence?

Oh, I was already in a diaper for the rest of my life from before. My sphincters were removed back last year and the year before. I "was" dribbling feely for a short while there. Then I developed that stricture. Hopefully it's fully removed and will have me draining into a diaper again soon. I'm still cathed for the next two weeks thouh, and it could take up to a month before we know if the stricture will come back or not.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

--John

hang in there slomo. and just take it slo.

I'm thinking about you and hoping there are no complications, especially when you are home. Heal well my friend.

I do hope that youre recovery goes according to plan Slomo dear and also that the result meets youre wishes and of course a speedy recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back