Adult pacifier health concerns? (question of the century)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depressesforlife

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
So I have always wondered if baby pacifiers can/will ruin your teeth (in this situation/circumstance the adult oral region/area)

Then wouldn't an adult pacifier without a doubt destroy your teeth?

More specifically one of amazons (suppossedly, based on customer ratings and/or reviews) well received brands of adult pacifiers.

(Here's the link to the amazon product)

https://www.amazon.com/Pacifier-Bab...&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=adult+pacifier+3&psc=1

Please somebody give me a legitimate answer to this question.

Because whenever I search this up the search engines never comes up with any useful information

Towards this/the topic of whether or not a pacifier specifically designed for adult teeth would still ruin your permanent adult teeth?

(being that it is designed after a baby pacifier, which does ruin teeth of minors and adults alike)

(Or atleast based on what i've researched on this topic)

Last edited:
I would think the adult ones are designed not to ruin them too badly. I'm not sure on this though because I don't know much about them. I don't have this problem where I don't have teeth (long story; don't ask). I like my baby pacifiers because they feel comforting and just as good.

I would think the biggest problems are children's and baby's teeth are still growing.
If you have been an adult your teeth can be sold in jaw .
Now granted Orthodontics can move teeth over time but that takes constantly tightening the metal on the orthodontics.
To move the teeth took a couple years to move mine and some moved back to where they were before.
They didn't like the new place the Orthodontics put them.
So I feel it take 24 hours 365 days a year of sucking on your pacifier to possibly move your teeth.
Not the few hours you will be using your binkies lol.

What teeth? lmao

I use mine nightly. My teeth are shot as is. Its just a matter of time before i get to dentures. With that said. Yes some times my teeth hurt sometimes they dont. First few weeks seemed to br the worse with aches and pains. Now it seems to be more focused on the front teeth than anywhere elsr. Not really a pain. It seems like the teeth move closer to each other during the night. During the day they space back out. I do take breaks though. Might use for a few days then leave it alone.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I would think that if you do not use pacifiers too much and you have no dental problems, the chance of having a pacifier do damage to your teeth is low.

I do not use my pacifier much but I do suck my thumb every day (and have for 60+ years) and I do not have any problems with my teeth.

I do go to my dentist every six to seven months and I think if you do too, any problems with your teeth would be found by the dentist early enough not to do permanent damage.

Depressesforlife said:
So I have always wondered if baby pacifiers can/will ruin your teeth (in this situation/circumstance the adult oral region/area)

Then wouldn't an adult pacifier without a doubt destroy your teeth?

More specifically one of amazons (suppossedly, based on customer ratings and/or reviews) well received brands of adult pacifiers.

(Here's the link to the amazon product)

https://www.amazon.com/Pacifier-Bab...&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=adult+pacifier+3&psc=1

Please somebody give me a legitimate answer to this question.

Because whenever I search this up the search engines never comes up with any useful information

Towards this/the topic of whether or not a pacifier specifically designed for adult teeth would still ruin your permanent adult teeth?

(being that it is designed after a baby pacifier, which does ruin teeth of minors and adults alike)

(Or atleast based on what i've researched on this topic)

I'm glad that someone asked this question as I have wondered about it myself. I don't use the paci every night for just this reason, movement of teeth. I never had to wear braces and surely would not want to upset the beautiful teeth that God gave me. A little late for braces and explaining to my dentist why my teeth have shifted.

Just do a simple internet image search for "pacifier teeth". You'll have your answer in under a second.

A search around doesen't show much conclusively. Pacifier teeth in children seems to be greatly related to the fact that their teeth and mouth are still developing and are more prone to disruption than an adult but again, there doesn't seem to be too much study here.

PaddedDeist said:
A search around doesen't show much conclusively. Pacifier teeth in children seems to be greatly related to the fact that their teeth and mouth are still developing and are more prone to disruption than an adult but again, there doesn't seem to be too much study here.

Agreed."can" they ruin your adult teeth- obviously yes. "will" they ruin your teeth- unknown as there hasn't been enough study here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back