Nighttime wetting - frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
LilDragon99 said:
I have been trying over and over again to start wetting my diapers at nighttime but the struggle is real. I have been wearing diapers to bed for a long time now, so long I have lost count. I make sure to drink lots of liquids before bed, I wet my diaper before falling asleep so my body knows its "okay," I have no concerns about leakage, I can wet in many positions, and I mentally want this so why won't it happen?! I just don't know what else to try... :sad:
I wouldn't worry as I got prostate problems don't won't to wet your nappy is not be whished on .

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I fear wetting the bed. I wear a diaper most nights, and during the day too, lately, I leak and wet the bed. I wear a nighttime diaper, an insert, and a PUL diaper cover. I wet while sleeping, and wake up to a soggy diaper and wet nightgown and bedding.

LilDragon99 said:
I have been trying over and over again to start wetting my diapers at nighttime but the struggle is real. I have been wearing diapers to bed for a long time now, so long I have lost count. I make sure to drink lots of liquids before bed, I wet my diaper before falling asleep so my body knows its "okay," I have no concerns about leakage, I can wet in many positions, and I mentally want this so why won't it happen?! I just don't know what else to try... :sad:
i pee and poop in diddies without any effort or any thinking, so no help here

Sent from my SM-P555Y using Tapatalk

Because of reflux, my doctor suggested I start sleeping with my upper body elevated. I am typically a side sleeper, but now I sleep on my back with two pillows behind my head to elevate me. To my surprise, sleeping like this seemed to relax my body enough that I started to wet the bed almost every night. I spoke with my doctor and he said that it maybe because of it being close to a natural peeing position. I never have any issues when I end up on my side. If you are intent on wetting each night, this may work for you...results are not guaranteed. ;)

getintooit said:
Because of reflux, my doctor suggested I start sleeping with my upper body elevated. I am typically a side sleeper, but now I sleep on my back with two pillows behind my head to elevate me.

While I have yet to wet my diaper while asleep (that I know of!) I also have had reflux issues, as well as problem with my sinuses draining overnight. (especially when my sinuses are congested, which happens A LOT) So I sleep in a recliner, mostly reclined. It keeps my head elevated which prevents reflux and also does a good job of keeping my throat clean of phlegm draining from my sinuses.

Since I always wear at least a moderately thick diaper to bed, I'd be okay with "nocturnal enuresis" ;)

getintooit said:
Because of reflux, my doctor suggested I start sleeping with my upper body elevated. I am typically a side sleeper, but now I sleep on my back with two pillows behind my head to elevate me. To my surprise, sleeping like this seemed to relax my body enough that I started to wet the bed almost every night. I spoke with my doctor and he said that it maybe because of it being close to a natural peeing position. I never have any issues when I end up on my side. If you are intent on wetting each night, this may work for you...results are not guaranteed. ;)

Thanks! I have tried in the past to sleep propped up for this very reason, but maybe not propped up enough? Will definitely try this again...maybe make sure I have had lots to drink before bed too.

LilDragon99 said:

It was a real struggle for me also due to my very shy bladder, and it was at least a month before I could properly wet my diaper without having to fight it. Even now, years later, I usually require at least a little concentration to wet my diaper while laying down. But looking on the bright side, this "diaper therapy" has really helped me in the public restrooms.

Also a word of advice, don't think you can force it by drinking a lot before bed. This rarely works for anyone, and will just force you to get out of bed (to at least stand, or possibly actually visit the bathroom) to get relief. All you're doing at that point is associating pain and discomfort with diapers, and that's NOT the plan, right?

I recall in the first month or two when I could occasionally get a trickle or brief stream going, every time I woke up and had to go, I would try, even if only a little. Then back to sleep. This frequent wetting I think is what helped me "take control of my bladder". It's not how much, it's how often. (practice, practice, practice!)

bambinod said:
It was a real struggle for me also due to my very shy bladder, and it was at least a month before I could properly wet my diaper without having to fight it. Even now, years later, I usually require at least a little concentration to wet my diaper while laying down. But looking on the bright side, this "diaper therapy" has really helped me in the public restrooms.

Also a word of advice, don't think you can force it by drinking a lot before bed. This rarely works for anyone, and will just force you to get out of bed (to at least stand, or possibly actually visit the bathroom) to get relief. All you're doing at that point is associating pain and discomfort with diapers, and that's NOT the plan, right?

I recall in the first month or two when I could occasionally get a trickle or brief stream going, every time I woke up and had to go, I would try, even if only a little. Then back to sleep. This frequent wetting I think is what helped me "take control of my bladder". It's not how much, it's how often. (practice, practice, practice!)

I have no problem wetting while laying down, I can even do so while laying on my side, but the idea with drinking a lot before bed is waking up wetting while laying down and then falling asleep. Eventually the body will learn it's okay and just go without waking but after doing this time and time again I still wake up every time. I can't even wake up while wetting; I have to wake up then wet then try to fall back asleep.

I WISH I could wet the bed at night. Have for over two decades now. Yet every time I would wake up to pee (while still in bed), then try to go back to sleep. Who know, with my sphincters and prostate now removed, maybe that will finally happen.

Oh, and wetting at work is no bid deal. I've been doing that for over two decades and still most of my coworkers have no idea I'm even diapered.

Slomo said:
I WISH I could wet the bed at night. Have for over two decades now. Yet every time I would wake up to pee (while still in bed), then try to go back to sleep. Who know, with my sphincters and prostate now removed, maybe that will finally happen.

Oh, and wetting at work is no bid deal. I've been doing that for over two decades and still most of my coworkers have no idea I'm even diapered.

Oh wetting at work isn't a problem, it's the changing. My career would be over if my coworkers found out I wore diapers. There is NO privacy at work so the few times I have worn are when I know I can make it a whole 8 hour shift in one diaper and I know I'm not going to get manditoried to stay and work an 18 hour shift. Even then I wear underwear over in case I fill my diaper to the point of needing to discard it.

When I first started wearing a diaper it was during the day and did have to use some force to ultimately wet my diaper. As I continued to wear diapers more frequently, wetting became easier. Soon, I became very comfortable wearing and wetting in my daily activities including in public, and work. Wearing at night and wetting is now as easy as during the day. Lately I wet my diaper while sleeping and unfortunately leaking, waking up to a wet bed, and needing to change sheets. I now fear not wearing some form of protection such as a Poise or other pad in my underwear. I still have urge to pee that is hard to stop and have to change a pad several times during the day. I believe that since my bladder has less control than before, I will need to wear a diaper almost full time. Becoming incontinent has had some negative consequences. Some of these are need to do much more laundry since I only wear cloth diapers and PUL diaper covers. I always use baby powder, wash, and lotion. To prevent rash I use Desitin ointment or Butt paste daily. I will now have to increase the number of diapers and diaper covers since when I wear diapers I use at least 4 diapers and inserts a day. I have tried disposable diapers but found that the tapes cannot be repositioned, I will try pull-up disposables but fear that they cost a lot, and may not be as effective as cloth diapers with inserts and diaper covers under my clothes.

LilDragon99 said:
Oh wetting at work isn't a problem, it's the changing. My career would be over if my coworkers found out I wore diapers. There is NO privacy at work so the few times I have worn are when I know I can make it a whole 8 hour shift in one diaper and I know I'm not going to get manditoried to stay and work an 18 hour shift. Even then I wear underwear over in case I fill my diaper to the point of needing to discard it.

Somehow I highly doubt you would be fired if your coworkers found out you need diapers. That would be a recipe for a lawsuit if ever there was one.

Ps. Confidry 24/7 and Northshore Supreme can make it about 8 hours (while well hydrated). Betterdry/Crinklz can easily last more than 12 hours too.

Slomo said:
Somehow I highly doubt you would be fired if your coworkers found out you need diapers. That would be a recipe for a lawsuit if ever there was one.

Ps. Confidry 24/7 and Northshore Supreme can make it about 8 hours (while well hydrated). Betterdry/Crinklz can easily last more than 12 hours too.

It's not that I would get fired, but I work in a Jail - lots of type A personalities...typically I don't care what people think but I can guarantee I would be bullied and it is highly likely that some of the officers would then spread rumors in which the inmates would find out in which all respect would be lost. Trust me.

I wear ABU which can last me 3 wettings but I often work 16 hour shifts or depending on my caffeine intake to stay awake after working a 16 hour shift, I urinate more sometimes causing me to need an additional change within an 8 hour period.

LilDragon99 said:
It's not that I would get fired, but I work in a Jail - lots of type A personalities...typically I don't care what people think but I can guarantee I would be bullied and it is highly likely that some of the officers would then spread rumors in which the inmates would find out in which all respect would be lost.

FYI I think we're experiencing some topic-drift here ;)

bambinod said:

Thanks Bambinod, I was also wondering what the latest posts had to do with the title of thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob110 said:
if you force your self to pee in your diaper while in bed and continue untill your body and subconscious adapts to freely peeing any time it is probable you will also start to have day time IC issues bed
wetting (nocturnal) is the hardest incontinence issue to reverse as an adult.

Be careful what you wish for you may get it and more dealing with baldder issues 24/7 is no fun its a pain

Thank you. Although daytime is a bit of a concern, nocturnal is not as I wear every night anyways.

While laying in bed during the day and when inforst wake up i am able to go freely without much thought but during the night I have to really think about it. Any thoughts on why this is or how to overcome this hurdle?

- - - Updated - - -

bambinod said:

Thank you!

Have you tried hypnosis? There are files out there that supposedly can make you start wetting the bed. I cannot really comment on how efficient they are, as I haven't tried them myself.

ztrga said:
Have you tried hypnosis? There are files out there that supposedly can make you start wetting the bed. I cannot really comment on how efficient they are, as I haven't tried them myself.

Yes I have a few good files downloaded on my iPod, however, hypnosis has never worked for me so I didn't expect much from them. I still occasionally listen to them, but it doesn't seem to effect me.

- - - Updated - - -

ztrga said:

Yes I have a few good files downloaded on my iPod, however, hypnosis has never worked for me so I didn't expect much from them. I still occasionally listen to them, but it doesn't seem to effect me.

Barringtons Nucleus, a region of the brain that controls night time continence. Everyone has it. It evolves slower than other parts of the body, but from the day it does awaken( about age 3-4) you will stay dry at night. I really don't think anything can influence this part of the brain. I marvel at those that do seem to regain unconscious night time wetting, but i would say that for most it is not possible.

I bought a book on self hypnosis several years ago and trained myself to wet in my sleep while wearing cloth diapers. It took a while and consistently engaging in the relaxation techniques every night but it was successful. If I wore a diaper to bed, I would consistently wake up very rested and soaked. I don't think hypnosis works for everyone, but it did for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back