Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm out as well. (Dr_J, please read.)

Default I'm out as well. (Dr_J, please read.)

That's right, I'm jumping on the gtfo bandwagon.

It's for a myriad of reasons, which I will explain in detail.

But before I do, let me explain this: I am not blaming anyone.

But first, I'm going to give some information for those who still wish to contact me after I leave.

I'll also be on IRC on #ADISC on blitzed and #babyfurs on FurNet.

now I shall explain the reasons behind my self-imposed exodus.

1) This site has fallen far from its former glory days. When I joined it back in the days of TBDL, this place was a haven for intelligent TBs, ABs and DLs to come and discuss important things - life, REAL problems, cost-effective diapers and such. Since the switch, the site has become a haven for unintelligent spam-heads and just plain ridiculous topics.

2) VIP Drama. it's retarded at best, and the fact that nothing has been done about it for so long continues to irk me. The rep system is broken and dumb, and there's no-one to moderate or judge what rep "makes sense". People are given negative rep for honest mistakes and friends can just trade positive rep for dumb shit.

3) Morons. This site has become infested with them. TBDL was a great place where we didn't tolerate deekerists and other internet scumballs. Now, anyone can come in and join and just lurk for a while, posting retarded comments and avoiding bans somehow. Maybe we need more mods, maybe we need stricter rules, I don't know.

4)The community aspect of this place is just gone. It used to be like a closely-knit family with a great sense of camraderie and community. Now, the site has just grown too expansive, and there are too many rivalries. Members hold grudges against one another for far too long and a few members should have been banned a LONG time ago.

No one person is at fault for this, it's the site as a whole and just the general attitude and feel of the place. It's become like a high school lunch room - full of cliques and drama. I had enough of that then and I'm sick of it now.

In closing, although I really don't like this place anymore, it has been a great run. I've been on for around 3-4 years, and it has been fun. I've met a lot of great people, gotten a lot of great advice, and met a lot of people I consider lifelong friends. Bobcat, Peachy, Falkio, Jon, Hypnotoad, Akira, Andy Setra, Rance, h3g3l, kite, Jabo, mzkkbprmt, neonite, Pojo, Spirit, Unfused, Mysika, Pyramidhead, YWN, Zyph, and a fair few others I probably forgot to mention.

Personal message for Dr_J:

Remember, I will still be on the messengers and IRC.

I hope to continue talking to you all, and perhaps I will return someday.

Here's hoping that ADISC will someday return to its former glory.

*salutes*

Damn it. Not you too!

This sucks. Everyone's leaving. At least, everyone I know.

I need some new friends. Fast.

It was nice knowing you, Manveru. Enjoy life as you see fit.

--The Silent Assassin--

I feel like I've found this site in the midst of an extreme sea change. While there are still wonderful people with great advice around, there are also some pockets of drama here and there for no good reason. Just strange. I don't know what to make of it right now. I figure I'll stick around as long as some good people still abound. We'll see. Sorry to see you go, and sorry to see the site no longer meets your needs.

It really is a shame seeing so many people leave. But I guess that's human nature, you follow what you believe is right, and I hope it works well for you. It was nice getting to know you over IRC, and I'm glad to know that I still can. Take care =]

Yay!! I'm in someones leaving mentions!!!

I really wish someone could make a new forum for the disgruntled tbdl.org veterans... ADISC is good... But some of us want something different that isn't here anymore...

ADISC can't and shouldn't be like it used to be... We just need a new forum

Quote Originally Posted by Mysika View Post
    Yay!! I'm in someones leaving mentions!!!

I really wish someone could make a new forum for the disgruntled tbdl.org veterans... ADISC is good... But some of us want something different that isn't here anymore...

ADISC can't and shouldn't be like it used to be... We just need a new forum
    I suppose there's nothing stopping you, but I would point out that neither of you meet the criteria for "teen."

oh noes new people are coming in our clubhouse, lets leave and not give them a chance to learn or change ....drama /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Mysika View Post
    TBDL.org wasn't restricted to Teens...
    It might not of been officially, but unofficially it seemed to be. I know I stayed the hell out since I was no longer a teen and I felt I wouldn't be wanted there.